List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. So dumb on his behalf. But he's a kid I guess. Hopefully he's learned something about professionalism. Looked a class above lacing everyone out when he got a run under Walsh. I'm sure his purgatory wasn't meant to be career ending before Campo took over
Edited for accuracy.

Anyone like Tom Baulch at the Roar's take on the draft??

Can't see us taking Balic with our 1st, especially over Oliver if we are going mids.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/18/a-complete-mock-afl-draft-from-pick-1-to-112/

Round 1
1. Carlton – Jacob Weitering
2. Brisbane – Josh Schache
3. Melbourne – Bid on Callum Mills (Sydney gives up picks 33, 36, 37, 54 and 72)
3. Melbourne – Darcy Parish
4. Essendon – Bid on Jacob Hopper (GWS gives up pick 10).
4. Essendon – Charlie Curnow
5. Essendon – Sam Weideman
6. Gold Coast – Bid on Eric Hipwood (Brisbane gives up picks
6. Gold Coast – Ryan Burton
7. Melbourne – Bid on Matthew Kennedy (GWS gives up picks 34, 43, 53, 55, 58, 63 and 70)
7. Melbourne – Aaron Francis
8. Carlton – Harry McKay
9. Adelaide- Harley Balic
10. GWS – Given up for Hopper
11. Carlton – Wayne Milera
12. Richmond – Jade Gresham
13. Adelaide – Clayton Oliver
14. St Kilda – Rhys Mathieson
15. Hawthorn – Josh Dunkley
16. Gold Coast – Callum Ah Chee
17. North Melbourne – Darcy Tucker
18. Hawthorn – Kieran Collins
19. Carlton – Sam Skinner

Need more of this at the combine

We used to warm up like that in church basketball when I played as a teenager. Won every game including the grand final by at least 30 points that season.

Funnily enough, I didn't actually know the physical location of the church I played for until about 2 years after I stopped playing.

Can't see us taking Balic with our 1st, especially over Oliver if we are going mids.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/18/a-complete-mock-afl-draft-from-pick-1-to-112/

Round 1
3. Melbourne – Bid on Callum Mills (Sydney gives up picks 33, 36, 37, 54 and 72)
7. Melbourne – Bid on Matthew Kennedy (GWS gives up picks 34, 43, 53, 55, 58, 63 and 70)
8. Carlton – Harry McKay
I think there would be a 5% chance we'd take Balic at pick 9 if Milera was still available. I doubt Oliver would make it to pick 13 and Burton going at 6.

Vader, I know you've pigeon holed Grigg. I reckon this time you're wrong (not a new feeling I guess ;) ). Yes, he effed up, but he was killing it before that.He's on probation and rightly so, but I think someone that had as much class as Pyke with their disposal will appreciate Grigg's attributes.

Let's not forget, west coast weren't especially quick. And we've just recruited a bunch of quick outside types. Grigg is legitimate in/out when played to his strengths.He's superior to Dougie at same age. He's been given a decent run twice and looked well at home. If the kick up the arse works out we've got a solid player. Class and endurance. (Plenty of) B graders win you flags

Round 1
8. Carlton – Harry McKay

I can't see the Crows passing up Milera for Balic. I would also be pretty surprised to see Oliver go that late.

Also, he listed Ben Jarman as pick 71. He isn't even eligible this year. Doesn't really scream "I know my draft business".

Round 1
8. Carlton – Harry McKay
Yeah i think theres 0% chance we reach for balic over milera and oliver. Burton at 6 is an interesting one. Maybe he will be the bolter.

Yeah i think theres 0% chance we reach for balic over milera and oliver. Burton at 6 is an interesting one. Maybe he will be the bolter.
Definitely Milera over Balic but the club's given no indication of interest in Oliver. In fact, no-one was talking about him at all until he won the Morrish medal. Now he's potentially top 5? We know the club have interviewed Balic on at least a couple of occasions and have shown strong interest.

Round 1
8. Carlton – Harry McKay

No, cos his numbers are all out. (Sydney have Pick 44 in there as well).

If Melbourne take Parish, it's Pick 4. Then Hopper becomes 5. The bid on Kennedy isn't Pick 34 value, cos that's moved around.

Needs accuracy ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see the Crows passing up Milera for Balic. I would also be pretty surprised to see Oliver go that late.

Also, he listed Ben Jarman as pick 71. He isn't even eligible this year. Doesn't really scream "I know my draft business".

Nor could we draft 4 players, even if he was.

Because his results weren't good enough and he'd lost the players.

Anything else is just rumor and bullshit. The fact that he immediately got a job in a small industry that would know the truth of what actually happens shows you its bullshit.
More than one year on, the way I remember Sando is as a coach who got great results in the first year - I was rapt that we went from 14th to preliminary finalists.

The next year and then in 2014, he failed to produce consistent wins (at first the absence of Tex seemed to be the problem, but his return didn't really help). There was a sense that Sando was without plans or structure, but I can't say I was one of those asking for his head (I joined Bigfooty right at the end of the season).

If I were in charge at the club, I would have actually given him another year. (I was even saying to my friends that 'if we don't make the finals in 2015, he's definitely gone'). Less conservative minds prevailed at the AFC, and Sando was shown the door.

Do Burton and McKay have any relation to the crows players of the past/present?

Ryan Burton is the son of Craig Burton, who worked for the club.

Ben/Harry McKay are not related to David Mackay.

Mr. Burns: I wonder if this Homer Nixon is any relation?
Waylon Smithers: Unlikely, sir. They spell and pronounce their names differently.
Mr. Burns: Bah! Schedule a game and I'll ask him myself.

Could well be Burton. Everyone trying to guess after they were happy to move from 3 because the guy they wanted would still be there. People thought Milera but Saints were interested at 5 when they had it. Then Oliver but Essendon have shown interest at their picks before GC. On pure talent, he's worth the shot. Still hope he gets through to our 13.

Latest prediction:

Club Player Position
Carlton Weitering KPD
Brisbane Schache KPF
Melbourne Curnow Utility
Essendon Parish Mid
Essendon Weideman KPF
Gold Coast Oliver Mid
Melbourne Francis Utility
Carlton H McKay KPF
Adelaide Milera Wing
Carlton Burton Utility
Richmond Ah Chee Flank
Adelaide Collins KPD
St Kilda Matheison Mid
Hawthorn Bonner Wing
Gold Coast Hibberd Utility
North Melbourne Tucker Mid
Hawthorn BMcKay KPD
Carlton Balic Mid
Bulldogs Gresham Mid
Bulldogs Clarke Mid

Vader, I know you've pigeon holed Grigg. I reckon this time you're wrong (not a new feeling I guess ;) ). Yes, he effed up, but he was killing it before that.He's on probation and rightly so, but I think someone that had as much class as Pyke with their disposal will appreciate Grigg's attributes.

Let's not forget, west coast weren't especially quick. And we've just recruited a bunch of quick outside types. Grigg is legitimate in/out when played to his strengths.He's superior to Dougie at same age. He's been given a decent run twice and looked well at home. If the kick up the arse works out we've got a solid player. Class and endurance. (Plenty of) B graders win you flags
You misinterpret my meaning. Grigg was dropped shortly after Walsh's passing and never returned to the senior team. At the end of the year he was given a 12-month "dead man walking" contract. All indications are that he is now the 39th or 40th ranked player on our team list (competing with Lowden for last spot) and is almost certain to be delisted at the end of 2016. In other words, Campo's decision to drop him not only ended his season - it appears that his entire career is now in jeopardy.

It's also worth noting that the decision to give him a 12-month contract was made after Pyke's appointment as coach. I wouldn't be making any assumptions about Grigg's fortunes being reversed due to a change in coach.

As for comparing him with Douglas.. they might be comparable if you're just looking at the number of disposals, but that's where the comparison ends. Grigg was drafted in 2011 and has played 20 AFL games. Douglas was drafted in 2005 and played 56 games in his first 4 years on the list - having forced his way into a much stronger side (one which contained Roo, Goodwin, Edwards & McLeod). Even at the same age Douglas was much, much better than Grigg - which is why he's played 171 AFL games and is still going strong, while Grigg is stuck on 20 games and his career is as good as over.

Because his results weren't good enough and he'd lost the players.

Anything else is just rumor and bullshit. The fact that he immediately got a job in a small industry that would know the truth of what actually happens shows you its bullshit.

I disagree. I know of many many examples of where 'other' issues played a significant role in his departure. Some of it is rumour, come of it 3rd hand, some of it first person recounts.
The AFL looked after him because it is what the AFL does. Putting him in charge of a development program like that was crazy.

Perhaps you should wonder why he hasn't been snapped up as an assistant coach this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back