List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon .....Francis/Parish is predictable .....though still think Curnow could be in the mix

Melbourne ....Oliver / Weideman makes sense as well and is inline with Melbourne needs

Carlton ......Weitering / Curnow .......now this is the tricky selection ..previous Phantom had McKay at 8 .....this is a real dilemma for Carlton ....McKay, Curnow or Milera ???

Adelaide .....Milera / McKay ......now if the draft turns out anything like this i expect Adelaide to take McKay first, because Carlton will take him next pick

Will Milera last to #16 Adelaide ? .....or do we go Burton if we miss Milera

It all hinges on Carlton at 8 .....but that said i can still see Milera to GC at 6

Carlton .....Collins to Carlton is very sensible, i had on my initial draft Collins going to Carlton at 8
I reckon in that situation we should take Milera at 9 and take one of Mckay/Burton/Collins at 13 (whichever is there/rate higher).

Saw a weekend news interview with Bonner who said (something along lines of) moving away from SA would be good for him.
Sorry i thought the photo was of Milera and Burton :oops:

Anderson thinks it's unlikely Milera will be there at our 2nd pick. Would have to take him with 9 (or whatever it is). Also thinks it's possible we're interested in Curnow.
If the Ah Chee move is correct to GC and Richmond had its eyes on Ah Chee .....you'd think they'd take Milera if we passed at 9

As much as i love Milera .....i've said we lack marking power & Curnow would be a fantastic get

Weitering?
Today might be but in 5 years time?

We picked Dangerfield at 10 and he is the best player from his draft year. I want a repeat of that. Couldn't care less where they come from or how they are ranked today. I am more interested in how they are ranked 5 years from now.

Okay, some final power rankings:

1: Weitering
2: Francis
3: Milera
4: Schache
5: Parish
6: Oliver
7: Hibberd
8: Ah Chee
9: Curnow
10: Collins
11: HMcKay
12: Tucker
13: Weideman
14: Bonner
15: Clarke
16: Cole
17: Burton
18: Mathieson
19: Partington
20: Redman
21: BMcKay
22: Balic

Considering it seems likely Weitering, Francis, Schache, Parish, Oliver and Weideman will all be gone by our picks, I'll be pleased if we pick anyone down to around 12, I'll be neutral or 'meh' to around 18, and I'll be pretty pissed if it's anyone from then on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to make sure the blues think we will take Curnow at 9. Otherwise they will pick the player we will most likely pick at 9 thinking Curnow will get through to pick 10. So Curnow could be their preference, but if they thought we won't take Curnow at 9 they will take Milera at 8 and Curnow at 11. So even if Curnow is not on our Radar, we need Carlton to think he is, could be the reason behind the late talk of our interest in him.

We need to make sure the blues think we will take Curnow at 9. Otherwise they will pick the player we will most likely pick at 9 thinking Curnow will get through to pick 10. So Curnow could be their preference, but if they thought we won't take Curnow at 9 they will take Milera at 8 and Curnow at 11. So even if Curnow is not on our Radar, we need Carlton to think he is, could be the reason behind the late talk of our interest in him.
Yep, I'd be wining and dining him and tipping the media off about it, or even just invite them along!

Spot on .... Coopers brewery tour for curnow then pick Milera and hopefully H McKay at 13

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back