List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't talk baloney about Burton. If the medicos clear him he's still is a huge risk. Medico clearance doesn't mean the risk is diminished in any way. Trent Hentschel was also cleared to play, like to tell us how that turned out??

Yes the lost picks are gone and we aren't getting them back, you've answered your own question on that one.

And we got adequate compensation for Dangerfield, what planet are you living on??

Yes our list is in good shape but needs improvement, the last game we played this year tells you how much we need to improve.

All drafts are important, this one even more so. We agree to disagree.

Of course, we got adequate compo for Voldemort, much better than the AFL's offer of pick 14. I didn't say there was no risk to Burton but if the medics clear him he has the talent to go that high. Every team's list needs improvement, what is new there? As for the last game it clearly showed we needed different players and we recruited some new talent. With the draft picks, the list does look stronger which is needed in spite of losing Voldemort. Next year with a strong midfield draft and another good trading period it will be stronger yet again.

Tell me WW are you related in some way to Charlie Curnow?:)
:p ...Touche .....i deserve that

Nah .....just supporting my preferred draft selections as you have with Tucker, Collins and Mathieson

Isn't her Phantom almost identical to Fox footy and Callum Twomey's that were released this morning?

Hardly surprises there!
Thought it was almost identical ....certainly up to our second pick .....after that i stopped looking

There's a big difference between clearing a guy to play and clearing the club to use a first round draft pick on such a player. It's a far different measuring stick.

If the club clears the way for us to use our 1st round pick on Burton the risk stays the same. The clearance will still be based on medical opinion. In no scenario does the risk diminish at this point in time, whether that's medical opinion or the club ticking off on picking Burton.

I would highly doubt any medico saying his knee will 100% stand up to the rigors of AFL. It will be an opinion and that opinion will carry risk.

what a crazy draft its gonna be imo.
id be happy with milera and burton both match winners sa boys who can play different roles.
collins,mckay and ahchee also seem a good chance.
am i the only one who thinks francis could still fall?

Yeah that was my point .....if no bids, those clubs don't want to be drafting players at the back end of this draft ....would stuff their lists up

I'm confused what you're talking about now, I think sydney have something like 5 spots available on they're list, so if some bid on mills early, and then some one bids on Dunkley, they'll have to use pick in 60's and 70's for the rest of the spots. However if nobody bids, they can use their picks in the 30's and 40's.

I'm confused what you're talking about now, I think sydney have something like 5 spots available on they're list, so if some bid on mills early, and then some one bids on Dunkley, they'll have to use pick in 60's and 70's for the rest of the spots. However if nobody bids, they can use their picks in the 30's and 40's.
What i am saying is all 3 clubs traded from early draft positions to backend of the draft to accumulate qty of draft picks to maximize points to match bids

They're assuming bids will come .....they don't want those draft picks for any reason other than matching bids
What i was saying was ...what if no-one bid deliberately ....thus leaving each club with poor draft selections

id be happy with milera and burton both match winners, sa boys who can play different roles.
Nope .....definitely still possible

ATS with exception of Weitering, Schacke , Parish, & maybe Oliver .....every other pick/player is still very fluid

What i am saying is all 3 clubs traded from early draft positions to backend of the draft to accumulate qty of draft picks to maximize points to match bids

They're assuming bids will come .....they don't want those draft picks for any reason other than matching bids
What i was saying was ...what if no-one bid deliberately ....thus leaving each club with poor draft selections

They'll have poorer selections if other clubs do bid then if they don't, but obviously they would not have wanted to trade down if nobody was going to bid early, but it's too late for that.

id be happy with milera and burton both match winners sa boys who can play different roles.

I am expecting the first seven to go as predicted, carlton still playing games

Of course, we got adequate compo for Voldemort, much better than the AFL's offer of pick 14. I didn't say there was no risk to Burton but if the medics clear him he has the talent to go that high. Every team's list needs improvement, what is new there? As for the last game it clearly showed we needed different players and we recruited some new talent. With the draft picks, the list does look stronger which is needed in spite of losing Voldemort. Next year with a strong midfield draft and another good trading period it will be stronger yet again.

I stopped reading after that. You've said it twice now and its no truer the second time than it was the first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also a little worried about a poster saying about Burton's rumoured extreme arrogance a little while back - we don't want a Gorringe at our club, no way. There's a fine line between confidence and being a cocky idiot.
With the injury this guy had surely it's enough to keep his head out of his ass.....should be thankful just to have an opportunity

I said quite clearly if the medics cleared Burton the talent is there. You also glossed over the fact we should get every draft correct. Those lost picks are gone, in the past, move on. As for Voldemort, we got adequate compo so again let it go. Look at our list and it is better than it has been for a long time since the big four retired. 1 average player went and 2 more go next year, some good players recruited and still we have to "Nail a draft because of lost picks". Amazing!
I agree that the past is the past. What makes this draft different is that we have 2x picks in the deep end of the draft pool for a change, and no picks in the later rounds.

In the past we've rarely been in this situation (2005 with Douglas & Pfeiffer is the only previous occasion). Second and later round draft picks always have a speculative element to them. First round draft picks are the ones you bank on for getting the high quality talent - and this year we have two of them.

We know that our list has reasonable depth, but is short on high-end talent. This is our chance to rectify that. Get it right, and we could be premiership contenders in the near future. Get it wrong and we condemn ourselves to being a middle-of-the-road club for the foreseeable future.

Try having their picks move to the 80s. Picks move to the back of the draft - with 89 players to be selected in this year's draft (less any selections that are "passed" in favour of the PSD).

With the injury this guy had surely it's enough to keep his head out of his ass.....should be thankful just to have an opportunity
Why?! His arrogance has seen him do well in his recovery. Self confidence is what makes superstars. All have a degree of arrogance.

You really have no clue whatsoever as to how the bidding system works, do you?

If nobody bids, then they get to use picks in the 30s & 40s to select some of the top-10 players in this year's draft. They then get to use the remaining picks in the 30s & 40s as well, with those picks remaining in their existing locations.

If another club does bid, the first of those picks in the 30s & 40s moves to the top-10 and the other picks all move to the back of the draft - going from the 30s & 40s to the late 80s. They get access to one or two absolute gun players, but the other players they select (and they still have to fill their lists) are taken at the very end of the draft, when the draft pool has been all but exhausted.

Take Sydney for example. Callum Twomey's draft has them selecting Callum Mills at #3.
They currently have the following draft selections - #33 (563pts), #36 (502), #37 (483), #43 (378) and #53 (233).
Pick #3 is worth 2234pts. Less the 20% discount, they have to come up with 1787pts.
Pick #33 moves up the draft, and becomes pick #3. They still owe 1787-563 = 1224pts.
Pick #36 moves to the end of the draft and becomes pick #89. They still owe 1224-502 = 722pts.
Pick #37 moves to the end of the draft and becomes pick #88. They still owe 722-483 = 239pts.
The value of Pick #43 is reduced (378-239 = 139pts) and becomes pick #61.
There is then a slight re-shuffle, to fill the void created by #36, #37 and #43 moving. Pick #53 becomes #50, and #61 becomes #58.

Sydney find themselves with #3 (Mills), #50, #58, #88 and #89.

Compare that with the situation if nobody bid...
Sydney would get #33 (Mills), #36, #37, #43, #53.

If nobody bids, then they get to use picks in the 30s & 40s to select some of the top-10 players in this year's draft. They then get to use the remaining picks in the 30s & 40s as well, with those picks remaining in their existing locations.

If another club does bid, the first of those picks in the 30s & 40s moves to the top-10 and the other picks all move to the back of the draft - going from the 30s & 40s to the late 80s. They get access to one or two absolute gun players, but the other players they select (and they still have to fill their lists) are taken at the very end of the draft, when the draft pool has been all but exhausted.

Take Sydney for example. Callum Twomey's draft has them selecting Callum Mills at #3.
They currently have the following draft selections - #33 (563pts), #36 (502), #37 (483), #43 (378) and #53 (233).
Pick #3 is worth 2234pts. Less the 20% discount, they have to come up with 1787pts.
Pick #33 moves up the draft, and becomes pick #3. They still owe 1787-563 = 1224pts.
Pick #36 moves to the end of the draft and becomes pick #89. They still owe 1224-502 = 722pts.
Pick #37 moves to the end of the draft and becomes pick #88. They still owe 722-483 = 239pts.
There is then a slight re-shuffle, to fill the void created by #36, #37 and #43 moving. Pick #53 becomes #50, and #61 becomes #58.

Don't waste your time trying to teach me what i already know .......try actually reading the posts and understanding where i was JOKINGLY coming from

The bidding system aint Rubic's Cube Vader ......the post was a satirical look at the actions of the 3 clubs

Geesus ....lighten up man .....do you ever share a joke or have a laugh??????????

I would highly doubt any medico saying his knee will 100% stand up to the rigors of AFL. It will be an opinion and that opinion will carry risk.

A Medic wouldn't promise that of a guy who had never been injured. It's just not something you can say.

And if Burtons knee isn't 100% does anyone think he's going to authorise his doctor to let teams know?

What would happen if Carlton bid for Mills at pick 1? Would Sydney have enough points in the bank?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back