List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, poor bugger,the pies had shocking luck with shaz and that other lad who's name escapes me atm,sort of makes me think that Burton is a bit too risky,we have to nail this draft!!

Please tell me why we have to NAIL THIS DRAFT over any other draft? I would have thought we try to get every draft correct. Also, who cares what happens to Collingwood, one of the most hated clubs in the AFL. After all James Aish wanted to go there to play and live with Scharenburg rather than come back to his home state. Bad luck to the lad but is it any different to D. Menzel and Shaun Rehn. As for Burton, it comes down to what the medicos say. The talent is there.

I'm also a little worried about a poster saying about Burton's rumoured extreme arrogance a little while back - we don't want a Gorringe at our club, no way. There's a fine line between confidence and being a cocky idiot.
I'd imagine a lot of these kids are a bit arrogant. They're 17-18 years old and would have most people kissing their butts. Once they get into the big leagues you're just a small fish in a big pond. I imagine Tex would probably give you a quick lesson in humility if you came in with an attitude.

I'm also a little worried about a poster saying about Burton's rumoured extreme arrogance a little while back - we don't want a Gorringe at our club, no way. There's a fine line between confidence and being a cocky idiot.
Na to me he seems more like Tex arrogance. The type your team mates feed off. He is definitely a team player.

Falcons regional manager Michael Turner said not one AFL club had expressed concerns to him about last week’s incident.

fc94ed6e6e0f962a06d182eea10d3498

Turner said Curnow’s ability to play key position and midfield, at 191cm, made him one of the most damaging and flexible players to come through the TAC Cup system.

On pure talent, one club rated Curnow the second best player in the talent pool after earning comparisons to big-bodied midfielders Patrick Cripps (Carlton) and Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs).

“I haven’t seen a player like him in my 20 years,” Turner said.

“He can play full forward, centre half forward, centre half back and before he hurt his knee he was playing for us as a ruck rover. So he can be that big-bodied midfielder and he’s an elite runner. So he has enormous potential.”

Please tell me why we have to NAIL THIS DRAFT over any other draft? I would have thought we try to get every draft correct. Also, who cares what happens to Collingwood, one of the most hated clubs in the AFL. After all James Aish wanted to go there to play and live with Scharenburg rather than come back to his home state. Bad luck to the lad but is it any different to D. Menzel and Shaun Rehn. As for Burton, it comes down to what the medicos say. The talent is there.

Because we have lost 2 years of 1st and 2nd round draft picks because of the Tippett saga. We have now lost Dangerfield.
We have 2 picks in the top 15, do you think we can afford to pick a player with such a huge risk over his knee/leg.

Do you think we can afford to stuff up our picks after what we have lost recently??

Because we have lost 2 years of 1st and 2nd round draft picks because of the Tippett saga. We have now lost Dangerfield.
We have 2 picks in the top 15, do you think we can afford to pick a player with such a huge risk over his knee/leg.

Do you think we can afford to stuff up our picks after what we have lost recently??

I said quite clearly if the medics cleared Burton the talent is there. You also glossed over the fact we should get every draft correct. Those lost picks are gone, in the past, move on. As for Voldemort, we got adequate compo so again let it go. Look at our list and it is better than it has been for a long time since the big four retired. 1 average player went and 2 more go next year, some good players recruited and still we have to "Nail a draft because of lost picks". Amazing!

I said quite clearly if the medics cleared Burton the talent is there. You also glossed over the fact we should get every draft correct. Those lost picks are gone, in the past, move on. As for Voldemort, we got adequate compo so again let it go. Look at our list and it is better than it has been for a long time since the big four retired. 1 average player went and 2 more go next year, some good players recruited and still we have to "Nail a draft because of lost picks". Amazing!

Don't talk baloney about Burton. If the medicos clear him he's still is a huge risk. Medico clearance doesn't mean the risk is diminished in any way. Trent Hentschel was also cleared to play, like to tell us how that turned out??

Yes the lost picks are gone and we aren't getting them back, you've answered your own question on that one.

And we got adequate compensation for Dangerfield, what planet are you living on??

Yes our list is in good shape but needs improvement, the last game we played this year tells you how much we need to improve.

All drafts are important, this one even more so. We agree to disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said in the poll thread - What I don't understand about Emma's phantom is why would Essendon bid with their second on Hopper and not their first? Surely if they want him you try with pick 4. More chance for GWS to not match and forces them to pay more, potentially upgrading your later picks. You end up with the same two players regardless.

As I said in the poll thread - What I don't understand about Emma's phantom is why would Essendon bid with their second on Hopper and not their first? Surely if they want him you try with pick 4. More chance for GWS to not match and forces them to pay more, potentially upgrading your later picks. You end up with the same two players regardless.
Good call. Make the privileged / afl funded teams (excluding port that is) pay as much as possible

Gorringe is apprently just a dickhead, Burton super confident, which might and has at times worked well as a footy player i,e, Carey.

Just on bidding .....we know clubs have accumulated draft picks to have enough points to match early bids

Sydney traded back to have picks ....33, 36, 37, 43, 53

GWS Traded back to have picks .....10, 42, 52, 54, 57, 62, 63

Brisbane traded back to have picks ....39, 40, 41,

Now i assume these draft picks have to be used either on players or for points accumulation ....assuming early bids on Academy players

So being vexatious .....what if no club makes any bids on Academy players? ......surely that would stuff these teams who would be forced to take late draft players in a poor draft .....sure they would get Academy players cheaply

But would the good outweigh the deadwood on each clubs list??

Gorringe is apprently just a dickhead, Burton super confident, which might and has at times worked well as a footy player i,e, Carey.
Good players have a healthy Ego .....a swagger ....look at the Dangerfield swagger as example, he knows he's good

Just on bidding .....we know clubs have accumulated draft picks to have enough points to match early bids

Sydney traded back to have picks ....33, 36, 37, 43, 53

GWS Traded back to have picks .....10, 42, 52, 54, 57, 62, 63

Brisbane traded back to have picks ....39, 40, 41,

Now i assume these draft picks have to be used either on players or for points accumulation ....assuming early bids on Academy players

So being vexatious .....what if no club makes any bids on Academy players? ......surely that would stuff these teams who would be forced to take late draft players in a poor draft .....sure they would get Academy players cheaply

But would the good outweigh the deadwood on each clubs list??

nah, if nobody bids those extra picks get used on the players from the main draft pool. They are like any other pick in the draft, the academy clubs basically use them to trade up to a higher pick.

Don't talk baloney about Burton. If the medicos clear him he's still is a huge risk. Medico clearance doesn't mean the risk is diminished in any way. Trent Hentschel was also cleared to play, like to tell us how that turned out??

Yes the lost picks are gone and we aren't getting them back, you've answered your own question on that one.

And we got adequate compensation for Dangerfield, what planet are you living on??

Yes our list is in good shape but needs improvement, the last game we played this year tells you how much we need to improve.

All drafts are important, this one even more so. We agree to disagree.

There's a big difference between clearing a guy to play and clearing the club to use a first round draft pick on such a player. It's a far different measuring stick.

nah, if nobody bids those extra picks get used on the players from the main draft pool. They are like any other pick in the draft, the academy clubs basically use them to trade up to a higher pick.
Yeah that was my point .....if no bids, those clubs don't want to be drafting players at the back end of this draft ....would stuff their lists up

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back