Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make sense for him to leave because of 100k difference only. Half of that would get taxed anyway wouldn't it. If that was the only reason he has rocks in his head.

Wow this board is gonna see an absolute melt in the next few days.
Before we all freak out, let's remember HE IS REPLACEABLE.
It's much easier to replace a good midfielder than say a key forward. There's a lot of other players on the list I'd rather not lose than him, and lets remember we will get at least a first round draft pick for him and probably a player too.

Good riddance Dusty,.

Damn that sucks for you guys.

We have to preserve what little loyalty there is left in AFL and players like Martin can get ****ed.

I won't be happy if we pick him up for 700k

Bullshit for you guys, hope you get decent compensation. You guys did only good for him and this is how he repays you. What an ungrateful loser.

Wow this board is gonna see an absolute melt in the next few days.
Before we all freak out, let's remember HE IS REPLACEABLE.
It's much easier to replace a good midfielder than say a key forward. There's a lot of other players on the list I'd rather not lose than him, and lets remember we will get at least a first round draft pick for him and probably a player too.

Good riddance Dusty,.

How much power do we have in a trade?
Not much. He has to want to move to the club you are potentially trading with.

If no deal gets done, he can probably go into the PSD and head to GWS for a truck load of money.

Most clubs will probably have to pay something good to get him in a trade, but his off field attitude may scare some clubs.

Best of luck

:( Very poor effort. Can't believe he would actually leave after all the off-field shit we helped him through. Who ever he goes to better have someone like Choco or he could end up like cousins.
Going to miss the don't argue.

I sort of hope Dustin goes to GWS. See how it feels playing in front of crowds of less than 10,000 people and the expectations of being a next Judd weighing on his shoulders. Dustin is a good player when focused on the job but nowhere near being a great player yet. His strengths are immense but so are his weaknesses - poor engine and minimal defensive game. If we were talking, say Nate Fyfe, I'd be shattered but we can cover Dustin's loss if it goes that way, wish him all the best and also wish his chosen club all the best in managing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude but I think you've got to hand it to Richmond FC here, they didnt allow themselves to be held to ransom by yet another arrogant young player who reckons he should be getting more money then he's worth.
Team comes before the player.
Spot on mate,club must come first and you can't win flags by paying overs for your good players,if anything if you want long term success your guns have to take unders,Martin is either a complete flog or is getting bad advice(maybe both).

Midfielders are a dime a dozen. Replaceable. Player thinks he is bigger then the club? He can **** off then. We do everything for him and yet, he thinks he is better and bigger. Does he think that he will be better off at another club? They all do basically the same thing in looking after players. Obviously just after money. *cough Lebron James*

Good for Richmond for not caving in to his demands.

The kid is a fool and the club will be better off without him in the long term.

Hi Tigs...Personally i think its a blessing in disguise... the guy oozes way to much self entitlement with not really any resume to back it up... Other clubs wont take his bs either and i suspect with out a total rock bottoming out somewhere in his life/career hed always be difficult...

Not much. He has to want to move to the club you are potentially trading with.

If no deal gets done, he can probably go into the PSD and head to GWS for a truck load of money.

Most clubs will probably have to pay something good to get him in a trade, but his off field attitude may scare some clubs.

Best of luck
So we are ****ed!!! ****ing bullshit, thank AFL and thank you you little peice of shit Martin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back