Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get it. You dont like him... move on.

Oh, and round 1 next year dont come back and jizz over Dusty when he gets 10 coaches votes.

I did like him until all this happened. I just think he has done the wrong thing.

When he takes the field I will support him just like I do with every player in our team.

I noticed that you did not refute any of the points I made...

I noticed the the very same thing the other day when I saw a picture of Richard Tambling.

565294-richard-tambling.jpg

I'd say Jack Dyer and Tambling were extremely similar going off that picture.

Very very eery to say the least.

Check out my Avatar. That's me playing a couple of years ago.
Pretty eery don't you think?

I believe Selwood's current contract has him on around $800k.

Not that high. $600,000 base, with incentives. which bumps it up to about $675,000

Fact: Richmond has gone over and above their normal duties trying to teach Dustin to control his behaviour.
Fact: Richmond made a fair and reasonable offer to Dustin.
Fact: Dustin refused to commit to the club and responded by advising that he wanted to seek offers from other clubs.
Fact: It was only after other clubs advised him that they were not interested that he came back to Richmond and indicated that he was willing to commit.
Fact: You are in denial and have provided no proof that any of the above points are incorrect.

Ok I was going to let this go and shut up about it but I see where your coming from Tigerrific and respect it enough to reply. Hope you don't mind.

100% spot on we did. Unfortunately though Carr, had promised the Martins he had already organised a deal for 600k. Obviously with the Martins thinking hey cool! They start negotiating and find out what a crock of horseshit carrs offer was. Carr was on Holidays at the time when they learnt the truth.

Fact: Dustin refused to commit to the club and responded by advising that he wanted to seek offers from other clubs.

When the "Manager" came back he tried to salvage what he could. When he realised that the gig was up and we were not budging from our offer the shit hit the fan. After awhile though, as Dusty wanted to stay and he was just going to sign. Contracts and everything was done, Carr went over time into getting into Shanes head ( again this is what I have been told not my personal view) and convinced Shane to recommend to Dusty to wait and see what Carr could do.

Fact: It was only after other clubs advised him that they were not interested that he came back to Richmond and indicated that he was willing to commit.

Now this is where I think your off base. Dusty all along made it really well known he wanted to stay with the club. As its more of a family type system to him now then just a job. BUT now think about this bit before you reply. Family's huge for Dusty so when he is told lets look at a few offers as if your still not happy and want to stay with the tigers then that's what you can do, so he did what he was told.

Now if I was told that I would have said piss off and signed but with his upbringing, from what I have heard I can understand it. Now keep in mind im not excusing it, as it pissed me off to when it happened but I got over it as I know his harts always been for us. Now to the part where no clubs want him, seriously after next week if clubs thought he was open to move they would swarm to him. Those clubs that have done there diligence like GWS all can prove that there's no point perusing it as his harts with the tigers. So why bother.

Anyway, once this hole saga settles ill open up with a few things but imo ill wait till round 6 next year before I do :)

It does all seem to make sense that Azza is Dustys new minder after McGuane got jack of it. They went to Sydney together over the mid season break, and I do remember reading a story on here about someone running into them at Ivy. They do hang out a fair bit, and Azza lives in St Kilda (also knows a girl who works at Centrefold) so Dusty probably crashed at his place before having a catch up with Dimma.

I was at our open training session at Skoda on the Saturday before the Giants game. Aaron Edwards and Dusty's old man were chatting and seemingly very chummy. So it wouldn't surprise me if Azza and Dusty were close mates.

Just to correct my post earlier about Dusty's suit. I just chatted to my mate and he corrected me and said the suits were actually done on Thursday, not Friday.

Considering he went to GWS on Thursday, if he got these done up the same day, he couldnt have been too serious about moving ;)

Ok I was going to let this go and shut up about it but I see where your coming from Tigerrific and respect it enough to reply. Hope you don't mind.

100% spot on we did. Unfortunately though Carr, had promised the Martins he had already organised a deal for 600k. Obviously with the Martins thinking hey cool! They start negotiating and find out what a crock of horseshit carrs offer was. Carr was on Holidays at the time when they learnt the truth.

When the "Manager" came back he tried to salvage what he could. When he realised that the gig was up and we were not budging from our offer the shit hit the fan. After awhile though, as Dusty wanted to stay and he was just going to sign. Contracts and everything was done, Carr went over time into getting into Shanes head ( again this is what I have been told not my personal view) and convinced Shane to recommend to Dusty to wait and see what Carr could do.

Now this is where I think your off base. Dusty all along made it really well known he wanted to stay with the club. As its more of a family type system to him now then just a job. BUT now think about this bit before you reply. Family's huge for Dusty so when he is told lets look at a few offers as if your still not happy and want to stay with the tigers then that's what you can do, so he did what he was told.

Now if I was told that I would have said piss off and signed but with his upbringing, from what I have heard I can understand it. Now keep in mind im not excusing it, as it pissed me off to when it happened but I got over it as I know his harts always been for us. Now to the part where no clubs want him, seriously after next week if clubs thought he was open to move they would swarm to him. Those clubs that have done there diligence like GWS all can prove that there's no point perusing it as his harts with the tigers. So why bother.

Anyway, once this hole saga settles ill open up with a few things but imo ill wait till round 6 next year before I do :)

Thanks for your reply Tiger71. I have never felt so betrayed by a player before but my hurt will subside over time. It was hard to accept that he was considering leaving the club for better money after all the club has done for him. He is such a good player and it would seriously hurt our premiership aspirations if he left.

I will shut up about this now and hope that he has learnt a big lesson out of all of this.

I'll await your inside info with interest but I hope we won't have to wait until round 6 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how it works, from my understanding the club usually get about 6 tickets for players plus a partner. It doesn't necessarily have to be your best player. They'll usually send a couple of players they know will poll well and then the last few will just be distributed at random (perhaps by ballot, maybe they have little internal competitions for tickets etc who knows).

Don't let the fact Azza is going make you think it's bullshit. He is going.

Players without a girl usually end up taking mum or very often a team mate

this is happened in the past with the Tigers (think Tuck got an invite this way)

FWIB Martin is very close with Azza and McGuane

I was at our open training session at Skoda on the Saturday before the Giants game. Aaron Edwards and Dusty's old man were chatting and seemingly very chummy. So it wouldn't surprise me if Azza and Dusty were close mates.

Polynesian solidarity?

Why would Aaron Edwards be going to the Brownlow?
Probably already been answered already but cant read to the end of the thread then come back to reply so here we go

1. Azza & Dusty are good mates and going as his date (azza was his second choice)
2. I believe both have Kiwi backrounds
3. Daniel D*** Head Connors isnt allowed to come

OK, it should all come out in the nest few days, either he just wanted more money and under ill advice from his manager whom chose to use tactics that we're wrong, if that is the case (which is what i believe) then all can be forgiven relatively easy, he will still need to light a fire under his ass next year for mine but in the whole, he was just being a silly kid.

On the other hand if the only reason he is only back at richmond is because no one else would take him then ok, i am with you, the little jerk is going to have to do a damn lot to get my forgiveness back, i just don't think this is the case, people have come out and said that he confided in RFC high end officials saying he wants to stay, all clubs have said no to taking dusty, why? because he is a bad egg? not likely, an elite footballer is still an elite footballer and most would take the risk, i think they realised he didn't have any intention of going to another club.

Of course this is my opinion based on the opinions of other including the great Mathew Richardson and some reputable sources on here, like i said believe what you want.

We will find out who is right in the comming weeks
For the other 17 clubs it is a case of how much they are prepared to risk for the potential reward that Dusty would offer. The fact that he was expecting 600K a year (significant dent in any clubs salary cap) and unless he was picked up in PSD they would also need to give something up to do a trade meant that the assumed risk was not worth it.

Now for the sarcasm. We should encourage the perception of anti-social behavior in all of our players to ward off any potential suitors! Worked perfectly for Dusty.

Gee no wonder the kid is mixed up, sounds like someone without a home or life. Getting tea here and there, living here and there, where is the balance in this kids life?

I know you normally have to help kids settle in for a few years but gee Martin sounds like a hell of a lot of work. Needs to get a girl, house or flat and a dog and settle down. Give him a job at the super store during the week, he will get something to do and boost sales :thumbsu: If he keeps going as is he will end up a mess post footy.

Hope this all works out but gee, if that was me living like that I would be messed up too!

For the other 17 clubs it is a case of how much they are prepared to risk for the potential reward that Dusty would offer. The fact that he was expecting 600K a year (significant dent in any clubs salary cap) and unless he was picked up in PSD they would also need to give something up to do a trade meant that the assumed risk was not worth it.

Now for the sarcasm. We should encourage the perception of anti-social behavior in all of our players to ward off any potential suitors! Worked perfectly for Dusty.

Well maybe i overrate him? i dunno, i can see him winning a brownlow myself if he gets his engine up, if any other club see's that aswell which i would bet my other nut they would or at least see him getting close, off field issues would be a price they would be willing to pay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back