Play Nice Dustin Martin to North | 31/8: DM signed at RFC for 1.3m/7yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you joking??? The only reason he hasn't signed is bcoz of money, end of story..... he's not going to north for love.
If you get him well done bcoz in my books his the best player in the league but don't kid yourself.
It all about the kanga haha
Have you forgotten your club low balled him last time he renewed his contract.

On EVA-L19 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ha Ha ha, that is gold!!!
If a picture tells a thousand words, you can see what the rest of the football world thinks of the saints
Not very much, which makes their arrogance this year all the more amusing as well as a tad bewildering.

Good chance he's interested in money and premierships. Let's be honest, only one of us has any credibility in offering both.
He is only going to be around for the next 6 to 7 yrs and we both know where you guys will be for the bulk of those and thats definitely sitting under us ,add to that our 2 first rounders and he would see the obvious option

You must have just missed me giantroo i headed down with the Groin guru and got a photo in front of that wall View attachment 406876
Sorry mate. The list managers had to cut me to fit dusty into the salary cap. Blind leading the blind down there apparently. They don't want to pay me but they are happy to sell my products so they don't need pokies.

He is only going to be around for the next 6 to 7 yrs and we both know where you guys will be for the bulk of those and thats definitely sitting under us ,add to that our 2 first rounders and he would see the obvious option

Lol. This guy...

FFS a saints fan espousing wisdom on ladder finishes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol richmond
Really - have you had your head in the sand the last 30 years??

Richmond are the biggest laughing stock in the comp.

Nithmond - lost a final to the 9th placed team!! That is gold - 1st and only time that will ever happen!!

Then the following year Cotchin the idiot kicked into a 7 goal wind and the game was over after 10 minutes!!

Then Cotchin could not find the MCG and he Roos knocked you out!!! #helpfindcotchin

How can anything be sadder than that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol richmond

5827bfbe36bc33893460491d4578c0cb.jpg

Really - have you had your head in the sand the last 30 years??

Richmond are the biggest laughing stock in the comp.

Nithmond - lost a final to the 9th placed team!! That is gold - 1st and only time that will ever happen!!

Then the following year Cotchin the idiot kicked into a 7 goal wind and the game was over after 10 minutes!!

Then Cotchin could not find the MCG and he Roos knocked you out!!! #helpfindcotchin

How can anything be sadder than that!!!
Who knows what they'll produce for us to laugh at this year.

Well Dusty becoming a Brownlow medalist and then leaving is one. We will be spoiled.

It comes down to clubs salary cap. The fact Kelly and Martin were / are both in the crosshairs indicates a ridiculous amount of space.
I personally believe we are in a position to front end martins contract to the extent of $2mill + for the first couple of years. There is NOONE (bar goldy) on big money at north these years (cunnington / ziebell front ended and into the skinny years)

I believe Martin is an easy fit into the cap.

The bigger issue to me is the intangibles it does to a playing group knowing one guy is on double the next highest paid player (jealousy etc)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This to me is the biggest concern when bringing someone in and paying them well above everyone else. Human nature being as it is, there is bound to be resentment at some levels within the playing group. Interesting that in the case of Dangerfield at Geelong, as I understand it, his contract, while probably the highest or close to the highest at the Cats, is not hideously higher than what others are on there. In addition Dangerfield has more than delivered on field, as for that matter has Buddy at the Swans, where I'm sure there would have been some worries back when he joined them.

If either or both of Dusty and JK come to us, they will need to deliver in very large amounts, they will will need to be the players that when things are not running the way we would like them to, get down and dirty and pull us along to victory more often than not.

For this reason, while I would love to have either or both of Dusty and JK at North next year, I will not be too unhappy if we end up with picks 1 or 4 plus the corresponding picks in the second round of the National Draft and maybe pick 1 in the Pre-season Draft and an uncontracted hopefully good player from somewhere else.

Which draft picks st kilda hold will definitely play a big part in his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back