Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

McKinley isnt going anywhere, he's lacked intesity around the ball in recent season yet the Eagles have managed it well with him improving all the time, should be in the team round one 2011 through to round 22

yea... thats just not going to happen, carlton simply will not trade with collingwood while we are at the top end. They couldn't stomach making us any stronger then we already are.

Crazy idea but hear me out. selwood and 2nd rounder for medders and Rounds or Anthony or goldsack. Firstly you get a target inside 50 which will allow the frenchmen into the mid, and you get a good small fwd kid or a marksmen fwd who can play back ala hunter, both are young and will develop while medders would be essentially a stop gap. Jack does have some down sides but if you make it simple for him he'll go very well.

yer no. That better not be paul medhurst ur talkin about? lol a 29 yo delist player for a rebuilding club. anthony is the only player who would have value for us that you mentioned but he's the same as mckinley. A selwood is our second best mid. sad i know but still we're not gonna trade him cheap. don't think you guys realise selwoods averaged 24.5 disposals as a tagger this year. he's also a potential captain and his brother plays for us aswell which decreases his tradeability. eagles would not trade him cept for a 10-15 value.

I'd do that.

Why wouldn't you want Stokes?

And what would be required?

It's important to note that any trade would be far more likely to involve a player than picks (in addition to 26) because a) even if we tried to upgrade 26 in a year like this clubs won't part with higher picks to get that done and b) salary cap.

So I reckon if it's any chance it's 26 + player, but happy to hear your thoughts on it.

I'm not keen on Stokes as a player, and I would n't just accept him because he's a need type. If WC want a FP, Stokes wouldn't be my choice in a trade for a guy like Cox.

What's required certainly isn't pick 26, especially since WC are going to have pick 27 or 28 already. Precedent was set last year in the Jolly trade. Doubts over this and that about Cox is just BF talk.
Cox has said he wants to play on, so talk about him retiring in a year or 2 is wrong. Cox mentioned this in The West Australian newspaper.

WC won't trade Cox to Geelong and take unders just to fit into what Geelong can currently give.
Geelong can make the necessary pick happen, but they'll be reluctant to because they won't want to trade a good player for a pick, in a separate deal, to make the Cox deal happen. It comes down to how much they want Cox. It'll be shown by what lengths they go to for him, if they make a play for him.

A pick 12-15 is what I'd accept. Precedent in other deals also make this a realistic option.

People can talk all they want about Cox's injury. Injury happens to all players, and Cox is rarely injured. He'll recover and have a full preseason, which he didn't have this year, and he'll be superior to this year. Cox, even while not at top form this year, is still better than most.

I have proposed Cox + 44 to Hawthorn for pick 20 +37. But I wouldn't accept anything less than a top 20 to start with. WC would be getting sodomized in a deal offering anything less.

I also see it this way, that Ruckmen play into their 30's more so on average than midfielders. Like heavyweight boxers are in their prime when in their 30's, big guys age differently, in footy terms, to smalls. Just because Cox is 30 in 12 months from now, that doesn't mean he has an expiry date about to come due. That talk is premature.

This is where some people don't understand that trading is moreso a buyer's market, than a sellers, especially with the way the competition has evolved with the introduction of new teams.

If WCE want to trade Cox, they cannot expect clubs such as Geelong for example to go an "arrange other deals" just to suit the Eagles.

WCE needs to be serious about trading Cox or just keep him and don't even bother making him available/putting him on the table because a 1st round pick is about as much as they can expect for him as it stands.

He is 29, has been injury prone over the last few seasons and his best form has been awhile back now.

IMO, WCE should keep him because their valuation will simply be too high and no club has it takes to facilitate a trade due to the Gold Coast's concessions.

I disagree. WC don't have to accept unders because someone doesn't have what's required. Other deals and trades can be done, that can provide the acceptable currency for such a player.
WC can rightly expect Geelong to organize other deals, if their initial offer was substandard. WC, could part with Cox, but they're not being forced to accept just anything, because he's still under contract.
Does precedent mean nothing to you. As a Pies fan, this shouldn't be foreign to you.
The onus has always been on the buyer to make an appropriate offer, not vice versa. Compromised draft climate baloney.

A 1st round pick only, is what your opinion is. Precedent dictates otherwise.

Cox has an injury, but isn't injury prone. He's had a substandard season due to a lack of fitness base, as well as playing in a shit team. (Which makes no one at the Eagles look good, let alone Cox)

Most clubs will be looking to draft the minimum players possible because of the concessions. This is the especially acceptable time to trade away picks for players.

I'm not keen on Stokes as a player, and I would n't just accept him because he's a need type. If WC want a FP, Stokes wouldn't be my choice in a trade for a guy like Cox.

What's required certainly isn't pick 26, especially since WC are going to have pick 27 or 28 already. Precedent was set last year in the Jolly trade. Doubts over this and that about Cox is just BF talk.
Cox has said he wants to play on, so talk about him retiring in a year or 2 is wrong. Cox mentioned this in The West Australian newspaper.

WC won't trade Cox to Geelong and take unders just to fit into what Geelong can currently give.
Geelong can make the necessary pick happen, but they'll be reluctant to because they won't want to trade a good player for a pick, in a separate deal, to make the Cox deal happen. It comes down to how much they want Cox. It'll be shown by what lengths they go to for him, if they make a play for him.

A pick 12-15 is what I'd accept. Precedent in other deals also make this a realistic option.

People can talk all they want about Cox's injury. Injury happens to all players, and Cox is rarely injured. He'll recover and have a full preseason, which he didn't have this year, and he'll be superior to this year. Cox, even while not at top form this year, is still better than most.

I have proposed Cox + 44 to Hawthorn for pick 20 +37. But I wouldn't accept anything less than a top 20 to start with. WC would be getting sodomized in a deal offering anything less.

I also see it this way, that Ruckmen play into their 30's more so on average than midfielders. Like heavyweight boxers are in their prime when in their 30's, big guys age differently, in footy terms, to smalls. Just because Cox is 30 in 12 months from now, that doesn't mean he has an expiry date about to come due. That talk is premature.

you realise cox+44 for 20+37 is basically just cox for pick 20....

mclean went for 11. selwood gets more ball than mclean as a tagger. i reckon a pick 10-15 is what the eagles would be asking for.

dalethomas13 doesn't understand the meaning of precedent. He over values his own, and justifies under valuing everyone elses. He only wishes to part with fringe players, but expects best 22 in return, it seems. Everyone is apparently highly rated and valued at Collingwood and to MM, seemingly.

you realise cox+44 for 20+37 is basically just cox for pick 20....

No it's not because WC will use it's 3rd rounder in this draft. An upgrade of 7 spots is still valuable. WC will still pick up something fairly decent with a pick in that range. Especially if we're looking at FP's. FP's don't start getting selected till around this point. WC should be looking to get first dibs. Earlier picks allow this.

yea... thats just not going to happen, carlton simply will not trade with collingwood while we are at the top end. They couldn't stomach making us any stronger then we already are.

Firstly, Carlton would be WEAKENING us with Carrazzo, whilst they get to add Kerr as his replacement.

I disagree. WC don't have to accept unders because someone doesn't have what's required. Other deals and trades can be done, that can provide the acceptable currency for such a player.
WC can rightly expect Geelong to organize other deals, if their initial offer was substandard. WC, could part with Cox, but they're not being forced to accept just anything, because he's still under contract.
Does precedent mean nothing to you. As a Pies fan, this shouldn't be foreign to you.
The onus has always been on the buyer to make an appropriate offer, not vice versa. Compromised draft climate baloney.

A 1st round pick only, is what your opinion is. Precedent dictates otherwise.

Cox has an injury, but isn't injury prone. He's had a substandard season due to a lack of fitness base, as well as playing in a shit team. (Which makes no one at the Eagles look good, let alone Cox)

Most clubs will be looking to draft the minimum players possible because of the concessions. This is the especially acceptable time to trade away picks for players.

You missed my point. I clearly stated that WCE have to decide whether or not they are serious about trading a player like Cox because clubs will not go and "arrange" other deals to facilitate a trade that is just time wasting if WCE are not serious. If WCE come out and say, "Dean Cox will be traded at season's end" all of a sudden it becomes a buyer's market, not a sellers. The complicated landscape of a comprmised draft also makes things much more difficult to obtain a player's true value. But Cox won't be traded anyhow.

dalethomas13 doesn't understand the meaning of precedent. He over values his own, and justifies under valuing everyone elses. He only wishes to part with fringe players, but expects best 22 in return, it seems. Everyone is apparently highly rated and valued at Collingwood and to MM, seemingly.

What "precedent" are you referring to? How about actually supplying some facts to back up your claims?

How do I overrate players, when we get ridiculous trade proposals from your mob such as pick10-15 for Adam Selwood or a Sidebottom/Cloke?? :eek:

Selwood ain't even worth Dick in a straight swap. He is just an ordinary footballer at best.

Firstly, Carlton would be WEAKENING us with Carrazzo, whilst they get to add Kerr as his replacement.
It was a suggestion, I personally wouldnt pay anything more then a 3rd rounder for carrots. It was more so a extra option if we needed a tagger. But again I seriously doubt a trade like that would ever occur. I mean, they each offer their existing club more value then what that would get via a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a suggestion, I personally wouldnt pay anything more then a 3rd rounder for carrots. It was more so a extra option if we needed a tagger. But again I seriously doubt a trade like that would ever occur. I mean, they each offer their existing club more value then what that would get via a trade.

Yer my thoughts with that were just that i reckon carlton would go nuts over kerr. the kerr judd combo and all. and carlton people have suggested carrazzo trade and collingwood wanted a tagger. predicting a 3 way trade is absolutely impossible. it was just a suggestion. kerr willd probly never leave eagles. same with carrazzo.

You missed my point. I clearly stated that WCE have to decide whether or not they are serious about trading a player like Cox because clubs will not go and "arrange" other deals to facilitate a trade that is just time wasting if WCE are not serious. If WCE come out and say, "Dean Cox will be traded at season's end" all of a sudden it becomes a buyer's market, not a sellers. The complicated landscape of a comprmised draft also makes things much more difficult to obtain a player's true value. But Cox won't be traded anyhow.

What "precedent" are you referring to? How about actually supplying some facts to back up your claims?

How do I overrate players, when we get ridiculous trade proposals from your mob such as pick10-15 for Adam Selwood or a Sidebottom/Cloke?? :eek:

Selwood ain't even worth Dick in a straight swap. He is just an ordinary footballer at best.

This whole thread has been of the premise that Cox is getting traded. It goes without saying that he might not. So Cox being traded is the starting point.

Darren Jolly was the precedent.

You overrate players by thinking that Dick is worth more than A.Selwood.
Selwood is one of the better taggers in the game. He also gets a heap of ball himself. As someone else has already pointed out, Selwood averages 24.5 disposals a game. Dick ain't even close to what Selwood is worth.
If Brock McLean goes at pick 11, Selwood would get similar. I wouldn't be surprised if you said that McLean was not worth nearly as much as what he went for too, at the time.

Quick query, I glanced over a few post and Adam Selwood's name popped up. Pies could do with a tagger and we'll he fits the bill, question is what would it cost? Personally not sure what WC are looking for, small fwd? tall fwd? running defender?
Pies have alot of surplus running round, anything 'reasonable' come to mind?

A.Sellwood's name has been mentioned in another thread.

Anf the collingwood poster thought he was worth a 4th rounder.

This whole thread has been of the premise that Cox is getting traded. It goes without saying that he might not. So Cox being traded is the starting point.

Darren Jolly was the precedent.

You overrate players by thinking that Dick is worth more than A.Selwood.
Selwood is one of the better taggers in the game. He also gets a heap of ball himself. As someone else has already pointed out, Selwood averages 24.5 disposals a game. Dick ain't even close to what Selwood is worth.
If Brock McLean goes at pick 11, Selwood would get similar. I wouldn't be surprised if you said that McLean was not worth nearly as much as what he went for too, at the time.

Yer obviously collingwood obsessed. especially considering dick can't get a game.

A.Sellwood is a a much better performed player at this stage than B.Dick.

I am interested to see how collingwood perform in the finals as they are the only premiership chance going in without a tagger.

You may find that if Collingwood is unsuccessful in the finals - An A.sellwood will come into your reckoning.

A.Sellwood is a much better player at this stage than B.Dick.

Want to see how Collingwood perform in the finals as they are the only premiership contender without a recognised tagger.

You may be interested in A.Sellwood if you have a poor finals series.

A.Sellwood's name has been mentioned in another thread.

Anf the collingwood poster thought he was worth a 4th rounder.

Well everyone rates a player differently, I rate A.selwood very highly. Others may not, he is after all a tagger and his worth is dependant on the need. I mean as good as a tagger may be he is still playing negative footy as aka so elegantly put it 'dribbler'. Difference here is selwood does get his own ball, therefore a better option then carrots.

Dicky is very important to the pies, hes one of a very few with good kicking skills and is still very young. Dodgy shoulders and lean build are his main downfalls, but silky skilled he is. I dont see the Pies parting ways anytime soon. Again the pies 'could' do with a tagger but its not necessary.

Brad Dick would be an excellent inclusion for the eagles and although I believe he signed a contract recently, I would be suprised if the Eagles didn't make a play for him, it has been known they are keen on him, espicially Scottie Burns (although now he is going back to Collingwood maybe he is trying to convince him from leaving).

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles actively seeking a trade with all picks up for grabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back