Eddie: Pies selfish

Remove this Banner Ad

The Collingwood meltdowns in this thread are hilarious and then gives me the impression that eddie etc is ppissed off guys such as Thomas and others are not conforming with directions and stand up for their interests and the feeling that they have rather than bending over to Eddie. If I remember rightly the club has no individual bigger than the club but Eddie is and expects to be the dictator and boss and bullies or try to those who are willing to stand up to him and call him out.

It's alright for Eddie with his millions to take pot shots.

Players only have a small window to make hay while the sun shines.

Don't really agree. It's convenient to assume if MM was there Collingwood would have won another flag but that doesn't stand much analysis. Collingwood is following a similar path to other recent flag winners. Bar Geelong very few teams have had repeated trips to the GF year after yewar after year. Hawks, Swans and even Geelong have slipped to the lower part of the 8 or out during their time of contention. Collingwood have a good list and can bounce back. If we dont bounce back then I am happy to concede MM should have stayed but we need another season at least to judge.

I thought Buckley coached well in 2012 under difficult circumstances with injuries and the controversies between Eddie and Mick a distraction. 2013 wasn't great. Mick Malthouse had down years as a coach. They all do.

But Collingwood did back it up under MM. Back to back GFs which few clubs have managed. And the list was hardly old.

They were in the middle of a premiership window. Buckley ended that and has taken them backwards - agree with you on last year, but his year it simply fell apart - the recruits in Russell, Lynch and Young had zero impact, and players who were superstars not long ago are seemingly queuing up to leave the joint. And the president thinks the place is selfish.

At this stage its been a shocking move. If its all part of some master plan that will end up paying off massively, then fair play, all the detractors will get paid back with interest. But at this stage, Collingwood supporters would be concerned.

The truth is that Eddie saved Mick from the sack in 2009. Bucks had strong supporters with influence in Pert and Kelly. The board was ready to sack Mick. Without Eddie standing by his side Mick was out of a job in 2009. That's not convenient to the truth you want to believe but that's what happened. In 2009 Eddie was Micks biggest ally at Collingwood. That changed over the next few years and I would love to know all the details.

Did Eddie have the backing of the board, or did they want MM gone?

If they did, Eddie probably has a little too much power.

[quote"Bunk Moreland, post: 30482742, member: 125179"]Did Eddie have the backing of the board, or did they want MM gone?

If they did, Eddie probably has a little too much power.[/quote]
Eddie Is a dumbass if the guy thought it would be a good idea to have malthouse sacked in 09 when Collingwood hadb improved.

The truth is that Eddie saved Mick from the sack in 2009. Bucks had strong supporters with influence in Pert and Kelly. The board was ready to sack Mick. Without Eddie standing by his side Mick was out of a job in 2009. That's not convenient to the truth you want to believe but that's what happened. In 2009 Eddie was Micks biggest ally at Collingwood. That changed over the next few years and I would love to know all the details.
simple, eddie knew he had to manoeuvre mick out the door lest his beloved nathan coach another club. eddies plan was hatched and mick took the option of taking whatever time was offered to him, only the 2010 flag threw a spanner in the works. from that moment the whole plan became practically unworkable.

ed's solution was to throw around the... "the club is bigger than the individual" mantra and plow through. in reality the wiser thing to do was to scrap the whole plan but eddie was just too loath to see nathan depart.

left dangling was premiership hero, mick.

this is all pretty simple guys..... you're seeing shadows where none exist.

Don't really agree. It's convenient to assume if MM was there Collingwood would have won another flag but that doesn't stand much analysis. Collingwood is following a similar path to other recent flag winners. Bar Geelong very few teams have had repeated trips to the GF year after yewar after year. Hawks, Swans and even Geelong have slipped to the lower part of the 8 or out during their time of contention. Collingwood have a good list and can bounce back. If we dont bounce back then I am happy to concede MM should have stayed but we need another season at least to judge.

I thought Buckley coached well in 2012 under difficult circumstances with injuries and the controversies between Eddie and Mick a distraction. 2013 wasn't great. Mick Malthouse had down years as a coach. They all do.

The one distinct difference, with the exception of Hawthorn these clubs have had a change of coach because the incumbent has sought to leave and not been replaced, the point is that you had a playing group who for use of a better term were playing 'side by side' with Mick, it was a playing group who seemed to from the outside anyway want to play for Mick and Mick seemed to know how to get the best out of them.

Its very different scenario when a coach who is renowned and well liked by most of his players is replaced by another coach against his will (disputable I am sure) who has a completely different philosophy against where a coach has decided that he does not want to coach anymore as was the case with Bomber and Roos. I can certainly understand why the players who were aligned to MM became disillusioned and this is the whole point of the argument, Eddie and Bucks own this dilemma.

You can argue your point, but the fact is that Collingwood has not performed to the same level of on field performance under Buckley as they did under Malthouse

I was surprised to read Shaw & Thomas didn't attend. The B&F night is about the season that has just passed and as both were Collingwood players in 2013 they should have gone. Chappy, PODs & Hunt went to our night after being delisted in a gut wrenching few weeks for some. That shows class to me.

Good to see the Pies being honest about what is wrong at their club. That's the only way to fix it.
I really see this as a difference between our clubs and the reason your boys have 3 medals to 1

Imo the pies only made 1 error in announcing a specific date of the hand over. The y should've anointed bucks as the air apparent, pay him enough to warehouse him to avoid poaching, then when the time was right let him loose as the head coach. Give mick another year to see how it went in 2012, then move in when required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look its good Eddie has come out and said what he has said but the underlying thinking seems to be that only attitude prevents pies from being a challenger.

Their list is pretty iffy. I can't seen them being top 4 next year and with Swan, Pendles reaching the twilight a drop out of the top 8 isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

You may be right but the other side of the argument could be that improvement and consistency couldn't come unless everyone is putting in the hard yards and on the same page.
At 26, Pendles has about 3 seasons until we start speaking of twilight.

Yes Eddie. You won the 2010 flag by being side-by-side ... and then you dumped your coach.

Can you spot the problem here?
MK, I'll give you one thing, you are a persistent bugger. You know just as well as I do that a counter argument to your post will just result in pages and pages of the same arguments that you may as well cut and paste from other threads.

The Collingwood meltdowns in this thread are hilarious and then gives me the impression that eddie etc is ppissed off guys such as Thomas and others are not conforming with directions and stand up for their interests and the feeling that they have rather than bending over to Eddie. If I remember rightly the club has no individual bigger than the club but Eddie is and expects to be the dictator and boss and bullies or try to those who are willing to stand up to him and call him out.

What exactly is your definition of a meltdown? If you read through the replies in this thread it is difficult to find anything from a Pies supporter that isn't in the form of a measured response. Just because you want it to be doesn't mean it is.

Old and tired excuse. As Eddie himself said in his speech last night, you were one quarter away from your best ever season ... and Mick was still coach. Nek minnit!

Here's Eddie whinging about something that he himself engineered and pushed through. Funny shit!

What a surprise to see you appear here. We get it. Mick is great. Collingwood is stupid. Must be so easy to have such fixed views. Means you don't have to worry about silly things like logic, or balanced assessment.

And does anybody really say nek minnit anymore?

Old and tired excuse. As Eddie himself said in his speech last night, you were one quarter away from your best ever season ... and Mick was still coach. Nek minnit!

Here's Eddie whinging about something that he himself engineered and pushed through. Funny shit!
MK. For my response to this post, go to posts in other threads that counter your argument. Once you post again, rinse and repeat.

What a surprise to see you appear here. We get it. Mick is great. Collingwood is stupid. Must be so easy to have such fixed views. Means you don't have to worry about silly things like logic, or balanced assessment.

And does anybody really say nek minnit anymore?

Checkside35 this goes down the same path.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie: Pies selfish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back