EDIT: Fixture Released - Rounds 14-18

Remove this Banner Ad

So our 2020 fixture turned to out have no games with home ground advantage while West Coast will have 6. #wabias
Not only that. We get an extra day's break before our game against them, but it will still be our second 5-day break in a row, whereas they've being having full weeks off.
Days break between games since R2:
West Coast: 7, 7, 7, 7, 8, 7, 6, 8, 7, 7, - then 4 before they play us.
Us: 7, 9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 5, 6, 4, 9, 5 - then 5 before we play them.

I won't be surprised if we're the tired ones when we play them.

Surely Edwards won’t play this year
I’m very confused as to why not?

I think he realistically still has at least three weeks to travel up to Queensland before we rule him out.

Assuming the league will have the bye at the end of the regular season before finals we won’t see finals starting until the final weekend in September.

As long as Titch travels before the end of the first weekend in September (the 5th/6th) he’ll still have time to do his two weeks isolation period and then a weeks training with the club before finals commence. I’d of course like to see Titch back ASAP and I really hope we see him making his way up to the club very soon. However, Titch is an incredibly experienced, focused and talented player and I feel he could easily slot straight back into our side for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only that. We get an extra day's break before our game against them, but it will still be our second 5-day break in a row, whereas they've being having full weeks off.
Days break between games since R2:
West Coast: 7, 7, 7, 7, 8, 7, 6, 8, 7, 7, - then 4 before they play us.
Us: 7, 9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 5, 6, 4, 9, 5 - then 5 before we play them.

I won't be surprised if we're the tired ones when we play them.
We play the Eagles after travelling back from Darwin, thats the biggest factor. Depending on the day, that Darwin game could be played in 30+ degree heat, in rain and at 80% humidity. The weather there right now is 31 and 80% humidity and its 1130pm...

We are going to be cooked after that game.

We play the Eagles after travelling back from Darwin, thats the biggest factor. Depending on the day, that Darwin game could be played in 30+ degree heat, in rain and at 80% humidity. The weather there right now is 31 and 80% humidity and its 1130pm...

How can we be cooked after a training run?

It’s 6 degrees warmer and 2% more humidity than the GC in Darwin right now, so not overly bothered about the weather.

In terms of the breaks, WC will have had only two extra days break over 5 games than us, so not massively worried about that either.

The Giants will be playing for their season against them the game before us and are a tough contested team. They’ll be feeling it 4 days later and playing on a ground we’re right at home and they had one win at against an out of form swans and got flogged in the other two.

They’ll still take some beating, but not worried about playing them when and where we do.

If Shed's missus drops the bomb on Saturday as mooted, and all's good, all three should be on the plane by Tuesday at the latest. He can play Round 15.
I think there is only going to be one more flight to the hub and that's on Sept 1st. Although I saw cats are hoping to get Gaz up there earlier somehow. Maybe they can share a private jet.

Confident we beat West Coast. The Geelong game will determine who starts flag fave before finals
That Geelong game might be a playoff for the last top 4 spot.
They played well against Port last night but let's face it Port played their granny against us 5 days ago and were nowhere near it last night. Their pressure was average at best and played right into Geelong and Hawkins hands

Remove this Banner Ad

EDIT: Fixture Released - Rounds 14-18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back