Prediction Elimination Final: Changes Vs Western Bulldogs (Finals time!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm fine with giving Amiss a run if tabs isn't fully fit. Is anyone not slightly concerned that 2 of our kp forwards have 8 total career goals between them, and the other one wants to play for our opponents next year???

I'm fine with giving Amiss a run if tabs isn't fully fit. Is anyone not slightly concerned that 2 of our kp forwards have 8 total career goals between them, and the other one wants to play for our opponents next year???

Yes I am concerned that Griff is an inaccurate set shot however he offers versatility that most players don't.

Lobb at his best is a gun.

And Amiss is like a young Josh Kennedy waiting for his moment

Yeah, you know, play like a good forward...

Honestly hope he gets no respect and kicks a couple early.
the noise if we kick the first goal will be something else.

if nev kicks the first goal, the stadium might collapse

I'm interested and don't mind the inclusion of Amiss, but my god what a lot of nuthuggers here thinking he is the 2nd coming. What if he has no impact and kicks 0 goals. Everybody off the hype train I guess. 🙄
Consulted urban dictionary for the definition of a nuthugger. Thanks for expanding my vocabulary - coincidentally, my pants are a little tight today.

the same coach that selected Steven Baker in a grand final after a 13 week layoff?

Who the absolute f*ck is Steven Baker?

Isn't Ross the same bum that put Lachie Neale as a sub in a grand final despite him being in form?

That’s the worry. Add in finals, no room for error.
It’ll be the whole forward line. Amiss and Lobb will have to try and work their 1on1s.
Interesting with bulldogs. English and who ? In the ruck. Logue I’m guessing is the second ruck.
Would’ve been nice to leave on Meek as watching Richmond’s Nankervis just dominating their lack of second ruck couldn’t help but feel goes a long way. Darcy gets a chop out up forward. But it’s a fast paced game, so no room for talls.

You must be young or have a very short memory to not remember Steven Baker.
You got me. Wasn't watching footy during those years. Got back into it end of 2012.

I'm interested and don't mind the inclusion of Amiss, but my god what a lot of nuthuggers here thinking he is the 2nd coming. What if he has no impact and kicks 0 goals. Everybody off the hype train I guess. 🙄

schitts creek party GIF by CBC

geez, I don't think anyone here is expecting him to kick 5.0. Lighten up and enjoy the journey, mate. It's a hell of a ride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're the only actual young team this weekend.

• Geelong are ancient as everyone knows.
  • Richmond, Brisbane, Melbourne are all 26+ and 120+ games.
  • Noted "young" side Collingwood is actually the second oldest and only slightly less experienced than those three (they have 8 150+ gamers).
  • Other noted "young" side Sydney is just shy of 26 and 120 games.
  • The Dogs are actually reasonably young at 25y 4m and 103 games, but still have 11 100+ and 6 150
  • Then there is us, even with the oldest player come in at 24y 8m and 80 games.

We are babies. A win or two is massive.
That’s why I am super positive about this group in the future.

Collingwood and Swans are not so young and we have the youngest team plus first round picks playing at Peel.

I would be tempted to bring in Amiss. The guy is a total jet and the best set shot in the side.
10am yesterday! No congratulations like self congratulations.

Also, Tabs was never getting picked.

Just patting myself on the back right now. And no I am not on the selection committee, although maybe I should be.

Heave Ho!

Tabs was left out because he hadn’t done enough work over the last month. Too underdone.
I'm settling down just a little bit on this one, JL said in his presser yesterday that tabs is definitely in the team if he is ready

If we lose though it's gonna feel like we should have taken the risk and just put amiss as sub

I doubt the game will be lost by playing Jye instead of an injury prone and out of form tabs.
It's not likely either way. Our ball movement will be the overwhelming (hugely) factor to winning.

Picking Amiss just feels right. They're obviously seeing something to back up his selection, which bodes real well.

Introducing Amiss now is a risk, but should we progress, having more forward options will be vital the further we go into the campaign.

the same coach that selected Steven Baker in a grand final after a 13 week layoff?

Ross was always sentimental when it came to heart and soul players of the club. Ross admitted that had we made it in 2015 McPharlin would have played and would have camped in the forward line if necessary.

The bloke who wants to play for then next year kicked 4 on them a few weeks back.

Lobb kicks his 2 or 3 and Logue and Amiss get there 2 or 3 between them and we are almost home give how good our smalls are and how good our defence matches up on theres. (Everything iv just said is null amd void if its wet).

The bloke who wants to play for then next year kicked 4 on them a few weeks back.

Lobb kicks his 2 or 3 and Logue and Amiss get there 2 or 3 between them and we are almost home give how good our smalls are and how good our defence matches up on theres. (Everything iv just said is null amd void if its wet).
How good our smalls are ?? 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Elimination Final: Changes Vs Western Bulldogs (Finals time!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back