No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Tom Browne - spot the difference :laughv1: :laughv1: :laughv1:

Reaction Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Monday ...

Yesterday ...

Essendon used to be a powerhouse club, one you loved to beat and hated to lose to. 10 years ago I saw them as our greatest rival. Now they are so much of a meh side. They seem to have a culture of mediocracy that runs all the way from players to president. It's actually hard to imagine that going back 22 years Essendon and North Melbourne were two of the strongest teams and clubs in the competition, they were revered and now both them are nearly at an irrelevant status.

Essendon used to be a powerhouse club, one you loved to beat and hated to lose to. 10 years ago I saw them as our greatest rival. Now they are so much of a meh side. They seem to have a culture of mediocracy that runs all the way from players to president. It's actually hard to imagine that going back 22 years Essendon and North Melbourne were two of the strongest teams and clubs in the competition, they were revered and now both them are nearly at an irrelevant status.
I never stop enjoying beating *. Like the Pies it's a team where no matter where we are on the ladder it's anyones game. And generally all our games against them seem to have something happen or an event that goes down in history; Bolton's sacking game, their 150th WWE show, 99 prelim, 93 GF, their drug fuelled injections destroying our season in round 4, etc etc...

I never stop enjoying beating *. Like the Pies it's a team where no matter where we are on the ladder it's anyones game. And generally all our games against them seem to have something happen or an event that goes down in history; Bolton's sacking game, their 150th WWE show, 99 prelim, 93 GF, their drug fuelled injections destroying our season in round 4, etc etc...
You can go on and on with them. It's all that but for me it was also they diving through the 2010s, just how well they would flop and suck the umpires in with it used to really fire me up. Just seemed to be a team we would lose crucial winnable games to in the Ratten era but would beat as an underdog. The whole build up to the 1999 preliminary final with John Elliott calling them out for cheating and fanning the flames there. Those were high stakes, big build up games. Now you see Essendon on the team sheet and just pencil it in as a win. They just don't have the spirit there they used to, they used to get up for games like this, so did we but they are a shell of their former selves.

The Carlton Collingwood rivalry is a friendly rivalry based on respect but to me the Essendon rivalry is anything but that, the clubs genuinely don't respect or like each other at all and there's history going back there as to why for both rivalries.

You can go on and on with them. It's all that but for me it was also they diving through the 2010s, just how well they would flop and suck the umpires in with it used to really fire me up. Just seemed to be a team we would lose crucial winnable games to in the Ratten era but would beat as an underdog. The whole build up to the 1999 preliminary final with John Elliott calling them out for cheating and fanning the flames there. Those were high stakes, big build up games. Now you see Essendon on the team sheet and just pencil it in as a win. They just don't have the spirit there they used to, they used to get up for games like this, so did we but they are a shell of their former selves.

The Carlton Collingwood rivalry is a friendly rivalry based on respect but to me the Essendon rivalry is anything but that, the clubs genuinely don't respect or like each other at all and there's history going back there as to why for both rivalries.
We still better get 17 before them, else I'll be ill.

It’s hard to imagine him getting a job outside being an uber driver, he’s probably earnt enough to not worry about working again anyway.

Good statement though, seems to be vilification has changed/is changing for the better for minority groups but it appears it’s completely flipped and those who have religious views are now seen as complete bigots.

Don’t have a religious bone in my body but it’s incredibly hypocritical someone is not allowed to have personal views without it affecting their livelihoods.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s hard to imagine him getting a job outside being an uber driver, he’s probably earnt enough to not worry about working again anyway.

Good statement though, seems to be vilification has changed/is changing for the better for minority groups but it appears it’s completely flipped and those who have religious views are now seen as complete bigots.

Don’t have a religious bone in my body but it’s incredibly hypocritical someone is not allowed to have personal views without it affecting their livelihoods.

Why does he need a job... bet his Swiss bank account is healthy and I'm sure the church will peddle donations his way.

those who have religious views are now seen as complete bigots.

It's more those with bigoted religious views that are seen as complete bigots.
And in this specific case, his position as a leader at that church, rather than just being a member.

It could still very well be a step up from coaching North and dealing with the rabble at AFL house :p

Picking coach of North, Essendope or working at AFL house is akin to picking between which terminal illness you want.

I read this on the Essendon board posted by a North supporter, can’t stop laughing…

This makes me so happy for you guys, Essendon and Scott together will end up like some other famous couples

Hird and peptides
Nixon and school girls
Carey and Stevens
Cousins and drugs
Fevola and the browlow
Todd Carney and his own piss

I’ll no doubt get a ban for this and that’s perfectly ok. Enjoy the velvet tongued coach, his tactical skills are on par with a under 10s coach.
And the whole time he will make you feel like you are on the right path. Ohh you have some promising youngsters? Enjoy watching the VFL then.
Honestly made for each other

I read this on the Essendon board posted by a North supporter, can’t stop laughing…

This makes me so happy for you guys, Essendon and Scott together will end up like some other famous couples

Hird and peptides
Nixon and school girls
Carey and Stevens
Cousins and drugs
Fevola and the browlow
Todd Carney and his own piss

I’ll no doubt get a ban for this and that’s perfectly ok. Enjoy the velvet tongued coach, his tactical skills are on par with a under 10s coach.
And the whole time he will make you feel like you are on the right path. Ohh you have some promising youngsters? Enjoy watching the VFL then.
Honestly made for each other

Well..........can you ban someone for being right?

FMD, how do they do this?
Surely after the crazy errors of employing Dank and a few others without really knowing much about them, you would be all over learning whom you employing in critical roles, forever more, but nope... these clowns just do not seem to be able to learn.

There may be times when outrage gets ahead of reason, but I don't think this is one of them.

He's the chairman, and thus a representative, of an organisation which denies the legitimacy and dignity of LGBTQ relationships. He wanted to also be the CEO, and thus a representative, of an organisation that is actively pro-LGBTQ.

Can't do both. If EFC hadn't pulled the plug and Thorburn had in fact acted in a publicly pro-LGBTQ way as the club would expect, you'd think his church would start asking him to consider his position there.

And it's just nonsense for him to claim that the problem was being a Christian or having an association with a church. Something like 60% of Australians identify as religious, but the same-sex marriage plebiscite a few years back passed easily. Reckon there are plenty of Christians and religious folk generally who are welcoming of different sexualities.

I know right how dare we be intolerant of his intolerance

I actually feel sorry for the Essendon FC...said no one ever:D:D:D
#stufffem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back