Preview Essendon v. Melbourne - Round 15 - Discussion/Team/GameDay

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Team Rnd 15 vs Melbourne

Prismall, Lonergan and Melksham named in the Bendigo side, so...

Hmmm...

Dyson trained today. 23 were out there, my expected 22 + Fletcher. they were:

Neagle, Dyson, Gumbleton, Watson, Stanton, Monfries, Jetta, Winderlich, Prismall, McVeigh, Zaharakis, Welsh, Lonergan, Dempsey, Melksham, Hurley, Hooker, Davey, Ryder, Howlett, Lovett-Murray and Bellchambers

:confused:

Ill stick with the 22 that trained today.

Because Bradley (6), Myers (6), Laycock (10), Winderlich (11) are all great draft picks.

Haha if you dont like it, stay on your own board and talk with other melbourne supporters (if there is such thing) about good you will be.
By the way its easy to highlight poor picks by clubs for example Chris Lamb (13) Nick Smith (15) Jack Watts (1);)

In all seriousness though, relax i was only having a bit of fun. My argument is simple hurley is better than watts, thats all.

Cheers

Lonergan - Agree

Mcveigh - Has been playing down back and doing ok. Don't see relevance.

Dempsey - Has been lacking in recent weeks, positional change since.

Lovett-Murray - Don't watch football, was one of our best earlier in the season before he missed some weeks.

Had me until this HFF, surely his early season form does not entitle him for easy selection for the rest of the year. He has been worse than average for the last 3 weeks, if he is selected this week i would call him lucky, he needs to do more with the ball if he is going to play in our midfield which is struggling to say the least.

He is not a player that should be guaranteed selection each week..just my opinion.

Cheers

Mark Mcveigh (Mature body who knows what he is doing but can't hit a target), Jake Melksham (Superstar in the making) and Jason Winderlich (only an outside player). Dyson? Did I miss any one? quote]

Yep- you missed Houli. Worth a crack over that lot in the current climate.

You are just like alot on this board...

Just read and see what you want to see.

Your response proves it :cool:

I'm not a big Bachar lover and don't mind eithe way whether he plays. But the fact is that he couldn't be out of the side over Prismall just due to Prismall 'getting enough of the ball to be damaging'. Bachar averages 20+ possies when he plays and can be damaging enough, it is just the other parts of his game which keep him out.

But they are two different players. Arent they?

Bachar has been playing as an inside player at Bendigo. Prismal has been playing as a runner.

It is not too hard to understand... :rolleyes:

Had me until this HFF, surely his early season form does not entitle him for easy selection for the rest of the year. He has been worse than average for the last 3 weeks, if he is selected this week i would call him lucky, he needs to do more with the ball if he is going to play in our midfield which is struggling to say the least.

He is not a player that should be guaranteed selection each week..just my opinion.

Cheers

I agree!!

Match Commitee must disagree. Straight selection according to them.

Because Bradley (6), Myers (6), Laycock (10), Winderlich (11) are all great draft picks.

Been watching any of Bradley lately? He's having quite a good season.

-Jury is still out on Myers
-Laycock, granted - injury hasn't helped his cause
-Winderlich? He's a good solid footballer - nothing special, but still - I would be happy to get a player of Winderlich's quality with pick 11 (minus the injuries)

Acutally quiet like the team that has been named on the field. Particularly like Hurley in the backline, Dempsey on the wing and Neagle at FF. Howlett will add some in and under to the midfield.

I'd prefer Reimers to play forward as I think he is more naturally suited to it but at least Monfries presents as another forward.

T Slattery unlucky but as someone mentioned earlier - Melbourne haven't got too many talls. He's sure to get another chance before the year is out.

As for the extended Bench - if it is Lonergan, Prismall and Melksham who miss as the Bendigo squad suggests then it wouldn;t be too bad a thing, but I wouldn't be suprised if it didn;t pan out this way.

Hopefully Prismall and Lonergan are both out. MCG is too big and they can't run.

Like the Howlett inclusion. Thank god Dempsey is back.

Welsh, McVeigh and Hocking in the backline is a recipe for disaster.

Here's hoping we can eek out a win and then we get some stability and structure back with Hille and Fletcher.

Lets hope Jay announces himself to the football world he's ready to play. The penny has dropped.

I like the look of it. Hoping Dyson makes the final cut, we miss his disposal.

Looking forward to Neagle hopefully having an impact too.

Any chance we can settle a side for a week or two instead of 4, 5, 6 changes every week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the rotation of the bottom 6-9 players week in week out is crazy, it is a merry go round, they may play well one week, have a poor one the next then get dropped.....whats the point??? kills confidence, denies continuity and a team being setltled!

classic cases are

quinn
dempsey
lonergan
reimers
howlett
dyson
atkinson
prismall
houli
jetta

etc etc and the list goes on

the midfield boys of winderlich/stanton/monfries/welsh/mcviegh....there are no excuses now, the 50-100 games mark has been reached....

But they are two different players. Arent they?

Bachar has been playing as an inside player at Bendigo. Prismal has been playing as a runner.

It is not too hard to understand... :rolleyes:

Well that's the question isn't it. I'd say that they are being played in different positions but looking at things from each players attributes I dare say that Bachar would be better served as a runner.

He has one of the best tanks at the club, would be in the top 5 over 20m, breaks the lines and has a more penetrating kick.

So it's a little different to comparing apples and oranges.

Well that's the question isn't it. I'd say that they are being played in different positions but looking at things from each players attributes I dare say that Bachar would be better served as a runner.

He has one of the best tanks at the club, would be in the top 5 over 20m, breaks the lines and has a more penetrating kick.

So it's a little different to comparing apples and oranges.

Priz position is in the AFL, Houli's is in the VFL

Houli is not in the top 5 over 20m at the club, and Priz has a more penetrating kick on both sides

Apples... oranges? Must make you a lemon...

Priz position is in the AFL, Houli's is in the VFL

Houli is not in the top 5 over 20m at the club, and Priz has a more penetrating kick on both sides

Apples... oranges? Must make you a lemon...

I'd have Prismall over Houli also but I wouldn't be so sure on what you are saying.

Bachar has run 2.8 over 20m and is in the top 5 in the club. That is fact.

Priz along with Dempsey has the worst left foot kick at the club. I dare say Bachar would have him covered given that he is a left footer.

FWIW if I hear another commentator mention that Prismall's disposal has been incredible this season I'm going to lose my ****.

WOW..

Essendon FC :thumbsu:

Best looking team we have had out on the park for most of the year.

To all the dilusional Esseond supporters calling for Houli to be in the side, calling for Myers to be in the side. Seriously.

Who's position are they going to take?

I really like this team, a real team for the future (bar grandpa Bomber in the backline somewhere :p).

I would expect the outs from the extended bench to be Lonergan (Monfries is back), Travis Colyer and Jake Melksham..

Like I said before, best team we have had on the park for a long time IMO.

You ask a position, I will reason it for you. Promise :p

HFF

The team looks good on paper but in reality it is hard to follow the selection criteria.

Surely T.Slattery and Quinn needed one or two more games.

Dont think that Neagle or Gumbleton will kick enough goals - Neagle is a big risk and Gumbleton is struggling.

Hurley needs to play as the third tall to be a bak up - Also we have no need for Hurley to play defence - As melbourne have a shorter forward line - surely T. Slattery could have played on a watts type.

Finally - Is the club trying to ruin Hurley. A 21 game player being moved forward and back - he is not an experienced veteran.

fwiw - i expect the bench to be Bellchambers, prismall, nlm and colyer.

I suppose the proof will be in the pudding.

Hello Yaco, how's things?

Every week has one or two random in's/outs..

B: Andrew Welsh - Cale Hooker - Heath Hocking

HB: Mark Mcveigh - Michael Hurley - Kyle Reimers

C: Leroy Jetta - Jobe Watson - Courtenay Dempsey

HF: Brent Stanton - Scott Gumbleton - Angus Monfries

F: Alwyn Davey - Jay Neagle - David Zaharakis

I/C: (From): Ricky Dyson - Tom Bellchambers - Travis Colyer - Nathan Lovett-Murray

(Players listed in VFL, as emergencies): Jake Melksham - Sam Lonergan - Brent Prismall

Quinn needs to play forward where he has done his best work at Bendigo.

Not sure why T.Slattery was dropped TBH, bit unfair.

Neagle in particular straightens us up a little bit. That get out kick to kick the ball long to a marking target. Prefer kicking it to Jay (to kick the goal) than Gumby.

Hurley is a KPP!! Through and through. No if's but's or maybe's here.

I do agree, settle him back..

Hello Yaco, how's things?

Every week has one or two random in's/outs..

B: Andrew Welsh - Cale Hooker - Heath Hocking

HB: Mark Mcveigh - Michael Hurley - Kyle Reimers

C: Leroy Jetta - Jobe Watson - Courtenay Dempsey

HF: Brent Stanton - Scott Gumbleton - Angus Monfries

F: Alwyn Davey - Jay Neagle - David Zaharakis

I/C: (From): Ricky Dyson - Tom Bellchambers - Travis Colyer - Nathan Lovett-Murray

(Players listed in VFL, as emergencies): Jake Melksham - Sam Lonergan - Brent Prismall

Quinn needs to play forward where he has done his best work at Bendigo.

Not sure why T.Slattery was dropped TBH, bit unfair.

Neagle in particular straightens us up a little bit. That get out kick to kick the ball long to a marking target. Prefer kicking it to Jay (to kick the goal) than Gumby.

Hurley is a KPP!! Through and through. No if's but's or maybe's here.

I do agree, settle him back..

HFF

We are coming closer to agreement.

I want Hurley settled forward because I have little confidence in Neagle - and Still and carlisle are still a long way off, whereas KP's in defence are more solid - pears/Hooker and Fletcher - And T.Slattery to slip into Fletch's role in the next year or two.

You are just like alot on this board...

Just read and see what you want to see.

Your response proves it :cool:

You asked which player Houli should replace, I gave you three, all who could justifiably be omitted and replaced by number 43. If you can't tolerate some legitimate and engaging repartee on a topic like this you should seriously re-consider your position on this board.

Just read on the Essendon website that the side for Bendigo has been picked. The article has the headline of Tyson Slattery and Mark Williams named for Bendigo, then I look at the selected side and I see a few other senior players named there.

The squad is:

B: Flaherty T.Slattery J.Williams
HB: Collins Hardingham Atkinson
C: Marigliani Myers *Prismall
HF: Carlisle Quinn *Melksham
F: Liddle Cloke M.Williams

R: Bock, *Lonergan, Houli

I/C: Still, Shinners, Crameri, Page, James, Duseher, Delahunty, Scanlon, Skipworth

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=7619

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back