Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

One would hope that given how much Queensland is bailing out the AFL that it is seriously rewarded.

I have heard some Queensland ministers I believe saying that they would like to be seriously considered to host the Grand Final (if it is even moved from the MCG) I think the AFL will probably look to Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane (in that order) restrictions permitting, however, given what Queensland as a state is doing for the AFL industry, you'd like to think the state is somehow rewarded otherwise, because without Queensland, season 2020 wouldn't finish, let alone make it halfway.

A neat and concise little video on just who owns the AFL clubs.

After browsing their channel further, these guys put out some real quality m, well researched content . They have videos on aspects of AFL game strategy (eg. zone defence, stoppages, Clarkson’s cluster), positions/roles (wing, pressure forwards, loose man in defence), and significant AFL figures (Stynes, Cazaly). Like the video I linked, they are excellent for knowing increasing your knowledge of AFL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If this video of 62 year old Keith Rogers who is still out getting a kick doesn't make you smile, nothing will.

Yokayi Footy is doing a cracking job making up for Marngrook Footy's demise, irrespective of their different formats.
Fantastic stuff, good to see Darryl White as well, I played open Futsal until I was 58... my policy is use it or lose it.

If this video of 62 year old Keith Rogers who is still out getting a kick doesn't make you smile, nothing will.

Yokayi Footy is doing a cracking job making up for Marngrook Footy's demise, irrespective of their different formats.

Marngrook footy show was the best footy show on TV sad to see it axed.

This year is basically the most perfect storm football in QLD could ask for; Lions and Suns both performing well, bundles of games up north, a 30% increase on tv ratings for AFL games in Northern states, The Broncos being utterly, disgustingly, despicably downtrodden and the rest of Northern NRL being unremarkable and the prospect of an AFL Grand Final being played at the Gabba.

When you actually sit down and consider it all it's quite dumbfounding. We absolutely need to finagle funds that guarantee AFL development in the state (via the Academy) while we can. This might legitimately be the only chance we'll ever get for the government to actually contribute to youth development and it'll be in a year where we otherwise couldn't use funds for it and youth interest will be higher than ever.

There has been some bloody good attacking games this weekend, Bulldogs v Bombers wasn't too bad but our and the Suns games were excellent viewing and the Blues v Port match up today has been good thus far.

Maybe Clarko was wrong on this one.

There has been some bloody good attacking games this weekend, Bulldogs v Bombers wasn't too bad but our and the Suns games were excellent viewing and the Blues v Port match up today has been good thus far.

Maybe Clarko was wrong on this one.

Methinx the change in interpretations of a few rules - led by Clarko but a position endorsed by many for a long time - has improved the game. That and , in an interrupted season, the players are getting their mojo back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if Skoob is alive and well?

Was a solid contributor on here for many years and whilst we had our differences, I always respected his opinion, but he's been missed.

Skoob if you read this and no longer post, I hope you're safe and well. :thumbsu:

I clicked on his profile and said ‘last seen today.’ So he’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well at least he still gets to read my drivel then. :p
He's probably got 12 half-written responses to you that he just closes and gives up on. ;)

Patrick Dangerfield was on Footy Classified last night, just want to say he was super impressive, great leader for the Players Association.

Aker interviewed on SEN today re his thoughts on going it alone without a manager like Jordan De Goey atm. Only heard last 5 or so mins of it but thought he was good, not showy or smart arsey..

Also said he was moving up to Brisbane next week but wouldn't say what he was going to be doing..

Anyone know if Skoob is alive and well?

Was a solid contributor on here for many years and whilst we had our differences, I always respected his opinion, but he's been missed.

Skoob if you read this and no longer post, I hope you're safe and well. :thumbsu:
Thanks for the thoughts Dylan.
Still alive & well. 2020 has been a bit busy, & a hell of a stinker.
I also recognised that a lot of my contributions here were getting increasingly snarky.
I don’t necessarily apologise for that, but also figured it wasn’t constructive.

With the interruptions to footy & everything else going on, my interest in the game has somewhat waned.
I still watch the Lions religiously but care factor with every change in umpire interpretations reduces.

I pop into Big Footy to see if there’s any salacious gossip, but completely lost interest in the endless ‘prediction’ threads.
For me, AFL in 2020 is light entertainment. Hopefully some normality can return next season.

Not surprised that you’d be the one to notice & comment on my absence. You’re a good egg, despite some...interesting...views.😜

Others see me poking around on Twitter, usually outraging at the government & conspiracy theorists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back