Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute garbage sorry, he did a few media focused little snaps, none of it was genuine and the bloke is a total shitbag.
Reid is scum, never shows any true respect to anyone, legitamtely reckons he has already won a Brownlow, and has multiple off field issues already as not even a 24 year old.

Reid lives for himself, always has and shows nothing but derision and deliberate soft off the ball hits and whinges when he doesn't get his way. He's scum morally, could win 27 Brownlows and will still be the same morally repugnant scum he was at victorian school level.
whats his off field issues. first i'm hearing of this.

That was enjoyable.

It is good to get a high intensity game under our belt and come away with a win.

But I don't think I have seen a game where there was so much treatment handed out after tackles and marks.

Should have been a number of 50's given both ways that weren't paid but at least the umpires were consistent in not paying them.

Fyfe might be in a bit of trouble for the high hit off the ball on Culley in the 2nd as well.

That was just a purely fun game of footy, must have been electric in the 3rd being there. Flashback to the derby's of old with plenty of spite and two teams just going at it. If WC played with that intensity every week they'd give the 8 a push which just makes the win all the more juicy.

The loading up on this game from Schofield was hilarious, ****ing goober. Enjoy being an assistant for the rest of your career ya jackass.
He's just a kid, come on.

True...

We have Essendon at the MCG next. I don't think Freo has ever beaten Essendon at the MCG. We got close in the 1990s.

But yeah would be epic if we beat Essendon next week.
Well we haven't played them there since 1999.

First time at the G since Marvel opened.

I don't see it as a hoodoo.

More like a box ticking exercise we beat the Hawks there last year.

The bombers are now the only side that we have played there we have yet to beat.

He is 19, like, I think we can give slightly better accounts of ourselves. Kid clearly has some growing up to do but that "excessive confidence" will annoyingly take him places. Was fun to watch him give away like 4 holding the balls though haha
He could play for us.
We would polish him into a real footy gentleman.

was he filthy with Fyfe or for the umpire not calling it back?
Don’t know, I just wanted to see the vision f JL losing it.

Wish someone more tech savvy than me could do a clip of all of Harley’s dirty acts? The wiggles fans are crying out the treatment he’s getting and how all us Freo fans are evil for booing him cause we’re just jealous. 🙄

Was at the game - geez that was a great watch. Haven't seen a derby biff like that in donkeys years.

Nervous moments in the first half, but never alarm bells in my mind - something felt different this game than being there in the earlier derby loss. Felt like momentum never fully swung their way, just Yeo and Reid going to work around the ball and Darcy not asserting his dominance as much as he usually does.

Loved the effort from the lads to stand up for one another but contrastingly just get on with the game. Credit to JL at half time because he clearly gave them a rocket but also didn't tell them to shirk away from the physicality. As for Reid, he was being a grub for most of the game and the crowd let him know, walked away from the game thinking he was an arrogant toss but mainly just annoyed that they may have found their successor in Yeo to have a mid that loves playing us. Thought our leaders stood up big time and the role players like JOM were SO crucial. Bit worrying that we have now started to depend on JT a bit because teams will definitely try to completely blanket him - but on the flipside he was held for most of the game but just needed one quarter to do the damage.

Great win all in all - vibes in the stadium were top notch post game and loved Serong's speech about wanting to deliver something special soon...goosebumps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rewatching the game even the first half was good.
Even though we got outscored, didn’t feel like we got outplayed necessarily.

Didn’t think Chapman was that bad either.

Drapes got caught behind a couple of times, but thought he and Walker were good coming back out.

Once we got our out side game clean, we ****ed them

Rewatching the game even the first half was good.
Even though we got outscored, didn’t feel like we got outplayed necessarily.

Didn’t think Chapman was that bad either.

Drapes got caught behind a couple of times, but thought he and Walker were good coming back out.

Once we got our out side game clean, we ****ed them
Walker in particular carried the ball with run and pace.

It looks like he is coming back to his best form.

I would like to see his metres gained in this game.

Concerned we got jumped again. Eerily similar to last derby where it didn’t feel right.

They cheat forwards of the ball and just happened to get it out.

Bank the 4 points.
I knew the eagles were gonna put up a fight in the 1st half.

Yes we were trailing at half time. Thank you Jaeger O Meara with that Half time goal. We trailed 7.3.45 to 9.4.58 at half time.

Dockers midfield lifted in the 2nd half.

stuff that. They are just 4 points to win or lose, it's not worth getting extra injuries or match bans etc.
I am still upset with that fluke streak of 11 games they had on us from 2015 to 2021. It was just frustrating to lose to them.

Yeah we had our down years from 2016-21, But We should of beaten them at least twice Between 2015-21. That 11 game winning streak should not of happened.

Even in the Chris Connolly years of 2002-07 we constantly beaten them. This was despite the Eagles made finals in 2002-7.

I was looking back at the dockers team that beat the eagles in round 3 in 2015. Taberner, Walters, Fyfe and mundy played. All 4 were still on freos list at the end of 2021. Only Taberner and Mundy were in that Round 22, 2021 side when freo ended that 11 game winning streak. Fyfe and Walters didnt play as they were both injured. So 21 players tasted a derby victory for the 1st time in 2021 as dockers players.

But it showed how much Freo has turned over that playing list between round 3 of 2015 to round 21 of 2021.

I wasn't up for the Reid booing until the Brayshaw push/bump.

Went down like a sack of potatoes holding his head then miraculously was cured when he got the free.

He then followed Brayshaw around for the next few minutes pushing and shoving him and pointing to his head - clearly acting up to try and draw a suspension.

**** that weak shit. I was all for the booing after that.

I wasn't up for the Reid booing until the Brayshaw push/bump.

Went down like a sack of potatoes holding his head then miraculously was cured when he got the free.

He then followed Brayshaw around for the next few minutes pushing and shoving him and pointing to his head - clearly acting up to try and draw a suspension.

**** that weak shit. I was all for the booing after that.
I did see that.
Entitled little prick
Snitches get stitches 😂

Good win. Showed heart and passion.
I think our mix is getting very close to the best it can be.....Players like Wagner, Clark and Young giving us that fast run thru the middle looks awesome. Wagner has been a find in that respect, gives lots of drive forward.
Was happy with Sturt's game, didnt impact the scoreboard much, but gave some great second efforts.
Its a team sport and seeing the team all gel is kinda reassuring.
Treacy is phenomenal. There will be time when he will completely destroy a big game, considering he is still mastering his craft. We cant let him be dragged away to another club. He is the power forward we have been praying for..

Second half was dominant. Emmett did well he has all the tools but his disposal was letting him down. Finished nicely in this game.

Massive indictment on the Eagles that they are capable of what they showed in the first half. So are they just all in on the tank? Are they shit but we've just been unlucky to catch them twice when they play well? I wouldn't be happy if I was a WC supporter.

All in our hands from here. We play 5th-8th placed teams running into finals. Shame GC let us down last night but hopefully Lions drop one before the end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back