Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Harley Reid is crazy good. Wish we had him, just like 17 other clubs in the comp. Shame he’s such a little snot rag.
He'd seem like a little less of a campaigner at a better club. Dude doesn't like losing and is all petulant about it.

Everyone carrying on about Reid leaving WC as if it will be this big disaster

History says it’s more often than not the club who loses the superstar that comes out on top ….. at least in the long run

Food for thought

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Took like 11 years for it to pay off for the Eagles last time with Judd and JJK but yeah, there is always that possibility.

Lots of vitriol coming from both sides which hasn't happened in a while, feels like the rivalry is back.

I don't get the West Coasters complaining about booing Harley though, the bloke has been front and center ever since he walked in the door and he's an agitator, it'd be like us getting mad at Geelong fans for booing Ballantyne.

The bloke was shaking hands with everyone at the end of the game with a smile on his face, they all left it out on the field and a lot of them could take a leaf out of that book (and a few of us too).

You lot are funny. Complain about the west putting Harley on the Backpage everyday then proceed to spend half the review thread after a great win talking about him. Clearly the west know their audience!

You think that was a great win ?

Horrible early and I’m 95% sure if we are as sloppy and soft in the clinches for the first 45 minutes of the game as last night that’s a bad loss against any team in the top 12 bar maybe Bombers

On the footy:

• Treacy, just sign him up for life (and hurry TCD I want my Cyclone Treacy shirt)
  • JOM has such a cool head, how many times has he kicked crucial goals for us now when others couldn't.
  • We might not have a dominant burst mid like De Goey or Petracca (or Reid), but boy Brayshaw, Serong and Young would be one of the best midfield trios in the comp, they compliment each other perfectly.
  • Nice to see Sturt working into games even when the goals aren't flowing with the one percenters ect, building nicely.
  • Sick of the reactionary emotional posts mid-game taking pot shots at the likes of Jackson, Walker ect. They all bring something to the table

Horrible early and I’m 95% sure if we are as sloppy and soft in the clinches for the first 45 minutes of the game as last night that’s a bad loss against any team in the top 12 bar maybe Bombers

Great teams find a way to win even on days when things aren’t going their way. To keep at it and then run over the top in the face of emotion and expectation and things not going to plan, that’s pretty great. Can’t be 100% on all the time every game. It’s these kinds of wins that build confidence and belief, and hopefully the leaders and the coaches at the club are finding ways to channel that.

Btw, it looks like AFL have stopped uploading match replays on the app. Where else can I find this without having to give my money to Rupert?

Great teams find a way to win even on days when things aren’t going their way. To keep at it and then run over the top in the face of emotion and expectation and things not going to plan, that’s pretty great. Can’t be 100% on all the time every game. It’s these kinds of wins that build confidence and belief, and hopefully the leaders and the coaches at the club are finding ways to channel that.

Btw, it looks like AFL have stopped uploading match replays on the app. Where else can I find this without having to give my money to Rupert?

WC dropping off is par for the course , I think that was a bad win by us but think what you like obviously

Credit to the leadership group. They all really got going from last part of the 2nd and dragged the team with them.

Special shoutout to JOM and switta for nailing big set shots from 50. Have been critical of JOM but he's been great recently.
JOM has been building all season. He’s calm, steadies the ship and is really classy. Does the unrewarded things a lot and has been a good fit for this team IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? We kicked 10 goals to 2 in the second half. That beats 17 other clubs.

A few on the Eagles board extremely upset with those of you who booed Harley last night. Shame on you! They're taking this hard. I think Reid himself revelled in the theatre of it all.

And this from the supporter base with the well earned reputation of being the biggest boo-ers of all. Hypocrites. Hell, I remember them continually booing their own players, like Sumich and Swift.

At least a couple of more reasonable WCE posters have pointed out their hypocrisy.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

was he filthy with Fyfe or for the umpire not calling it back?

It would have to be the umpire. The crowd went berserk at that decision. Absolutely ludicrous as Fyfe clearly had not heard the whistle and then pulled up with every player around him holding their hands up. There were two back to back tackles with Eagles players being caught and the volume was through the roof with "ball" calls. Would be called back 99% of the time, but the umpire made an error.

A few on the Eagles board extremely upset with those of you who booed Harley last night. Shame on you! They're taking this hard. I think Reid himself revelled in the theatre of it all.

And this from the supporter base with the well earned reputation of being the biggest boo-ers of all. Hypocrites. Hell, I remember them continually booing their own players, like Sumich and Swift.

At least a couple of more reasonable WCE posters have pointed out their hypocrisy.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree one way or the other, but West Coast are the absolute last people who should be making comment about the harsh treatment of an 18 year old gun mid.

Short memories.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile
They are the worst booers going and Harley will be on the receiving end when he leaves

Remember when they were booing Fyfe and Dusty earlier in the year for no reason.

Some thoughts:
  • Draper, Chapman and Walker all had some outstanding counterattacking runs at times that in the end helped a lot in terms of our win, but also made a number of mistakes as well and let their opponents hurt us on the scoreboard. I am sure JLo will accept the mistakes but if we can tidy it up just a little bit more then watch out. I was particularly impressed with some of Draper's ball movement; I have always felt like he could be more than an annoyance on the counterattack but it is now actually starting to show.
  • As others have said, Brayshaw is now probably playing better than in 2022; this form is coming right at the right time. Serong has been consistent, but Young also smashed the game our way in the third quarter but was quiet the rest of the time. I am sure he is not happy with it, but Fyfe with 18 possessions in 3 quarters playing as a run with player is a good return at this stage.
  • Jackson was almost there so many times during the night but didn't make it. He did however stand up ruckwise when Darcy was looking a bit proppy early on after getting whacked in the head a few times.
  • People like to write off Emmett (particularly with respect to his skills) but his willpower against the flow of tide is something to behold at times.
  • The 60m+ goal from Treacy will make a few defenders think again...

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back