Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

when's it going to end?

I guess when you reach peace with the fact that football has elements of luck and that we don't have a god-given right to the win.

Today wasn't a lily-livered effort, it was one of the hardest games I've ever seen with neither side giving any quarter. Be pissed at a loss for sure, but let's not lose sight that we lost today because we did not make the most of our periods of ascendancy - we missed at least 4 sitters, another 4 gettable. Allow for Switta's horrendous free goal and Voss's super effort, we're still 30 points shy of where we should have been. That's the game right there.

And drop the thinly veiled racist shit about Frederick and Walker; it's not what the club's about and doesn't have a place here. You're free to criticise, but if you want to keep that shit up then kindly **** off and find somewhere else to spew it.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Frederick is all class by foot when he gets it. Reliable set shot and usually finishes well when crumbing. Rare missed snap today. He just doesn't get it enough. His tackling has been bad recently I'll give you that but did you see how bad the forward line looked when he was injured earlier in the year?

Walker is one of the best small defenders going around. Just makes 1 or 2 bad errors a game which is all anyone seems to focus on yet they love Wagner who turns it over more than he doesn't. Walker hasn't played 60 games yet...

Rare missed snap? He's been missing plenty this year though thankfully his set shots have still been good. I'd think his conversion rate is way down on the previous couple of years. Seems to miss as many as he kicks. His tackling has been almost non-existent the last couple of months, not weeks. At the beginning of the year his tackling intent was as good as it's ever been.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think you need to cool off mate. You're talking about people who are doing the best they can. Criticise the performance, not the person.
I agree with you but interesting that you pick out one example from one person. There's been a hell of a lot of players being called shit this year, even today.

Rare missed snap? He's been missing plenty this year though thankfully his set shots have still been good. I'd think his conversion rate is way down on the previous couple of years. Seems to miss as many as he kicks. His tackling has been almost non-existent the last couple of months, not weeks. At the beginning of the year his tackling intent was as good as it's ever been.

I reckon that concussion has played a big part in that. Honestly think they may be better giving guys a few weeks off. It's a tough one, but they clearly have a lasting impact. Amiss was off for a while too post his.

I guess when you reach peace with the fact that football has elements of luck and that we don't have a god-given right to the win.

Today wasn't a lily-livered effort, it was one of the hardest games I've ever seen with neither side giving any quarter. Be pissed at a loss for sure, but let's not lose sight that we lost today because we did not make the most of our periods of ascendancy - we missed at least 4 sitters, another 4 gettable. Allow for Switta's horrendous free goal and Voss's super effort, we're still 30 points shy of where we should have been. That's the game right there.

And drop the thinly veiled racist shit about Frederick and Walker; it's not what the club's about and doesn't have a place here. You're free to criticise, but if you want to keep that shit up then kindly **** off and find somewhere else to spew it.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
They’re not multigenerational and OG and born in the Freo postcode - of course they’re not real footballers. Why didn’t the club check their patents of nobility before drafting them? 🙄

I reckon that concussion has played a big part in that. Honestly think they may be better giving guys a few weeks off. It's a tough one, but they clearly have a lasting impact. Amiss was off for a while too post his.

There is a reason the medical world is recommending 21 days for a concussion.

You're right! We just all need to get fired up on a message board and call people pathetic, weak and quitters if they don't get as fired up as you as well.

And then everyone knows the combined clicking on our keyboards as we do this will make the team play better.

I'm so sorry that it has taken all these decades on Big Footy for me to work this out.
this!

The magical thinking is amazing.

It’s like those endless potting the more optimistic posters get, and how it’s all our fault the club is shit because we’re so quick to accept mediocrity.

Thank god results have semi gone our way too 4 still available but missing finals is also closer.
My expectations will be passed if we just make finals like they were everyone’s start of the year anything else is a bonus. End of the day we are still so young with so much upside. And we have found improvements and potential gems in future
Treacy potential A grader ( chance he already is)
MJ showing he can be a very very good AFL player be interesting to see how good he could be
Draper shown potential has a lot to work on but a lot to work with
Young midfielder probs become our most important player
Amiss he’s getting the shots accuracy will come back can see him kicking 50-60 next year
Alex Pearce back to his absolute best

We still lack a couple of star players but look at the improvement from last year and just think of the improvement we will have next year our goal should be finals this year top 4 next year wish a shot at a flag and a flag in 26/7 wishful I know but if we stay the course we can get there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm as pissed as the next person that we lost. makes me sick. typical freo loss, hence why i tipped hawthorn! i could see it coming.

BUT

I cant fault the guys effort. Well i kinda can, lots of broken tackles and fundamental errors, but that aside i could see they tried their guts out today. Hawthorn are very good and the game was played at a frantic level.

The comp is so even now that every chance needs to be taken. Our 3rd qtr dominance where we didnt capitalise killed us

I'll go to bed tonight pissed about this, but also happy that the lads tried their best and didnt just roll over.

Well done team.

Frederick is absolute ratshit. he's a headless chook with the ball and clueless without it.

Been saying it for years. he was a novelty act but he's never been a footballer.

Brandon Walker will be the next to get worked out. he's one of the dumbest players I've ever seen, just no awareness and no understanding.

Numbnut supporters just like them because...
GIF by Giphy QA

Frederick is absolute ratshit. he's a headless chook with the ball and clueless without it.

Been saying it for years. he was a novelty act but he's never been a footballer.

Brandon Walker will be the next to get worked out. he's one of the dumbest players I've ever seen, just no awareness and no understanding.

Numbnut supporters just like them because...
you're a peanut. no idea. Keyboard warrior who probably cant even play the game yourself.

too much "little fat lamb" for you tonight

come back when you understand the modern game.

I'm as pissed as the next person that we lost. makes me sick. typical freo loss, hence why i tipped hawthorn! i could see it coming.

BUT

I cant fault the guys effort. Well i kinda can, lots of broken tackles and fundamental errors, but that aside i could see they tried their guts out today. Hawthorn are very good and the game was played at a frantic level.

The comp is so even now that every chance needs to be taken. Our 3rd qtr dominance where we didnt capitalise killed us

I'll go to bed tonight pissed about this, but also happy that the lads tried their best and didnt just roll over.

Well done team.

"
I'll go to bed tonight pissed about this, but also happy that the lads tried their best and didnt just roll over"

Can't take this part seriously.

I predicted Hawthorn would win because they're a good team and Tassie has proven to be a hard venue for teams.

But a team fighting for top 4 "not rolling over" against a team that will miss finals isn't something to celebrate.

5.1 vs 1.3

I'd say we didn't fire a shot in the last quarter actually

I think because of the Hawks ladder position that some people thought we could easily win ,but Mitchell has them firing and they would trouble any team on the right day.Add a trip to Tassie to the equation and it becomes even harder .The Hawks should not be underestimated.We will have many difficult battles with them over the next few yrs and i reckon you could put money on Mitchell getting a flag out of them.This is not a slight on Freo as we are bloody good and getting better and our day will come

"
I'll go to bed tonight pissed about this, but also happy that the lads tried their best and didnt just roll over"

Can't take this part seriously
like anyone i hate losing, but we gave a red hot crack today so i can live with it. we didnt lose through lack of effort.

that clear enough for you?

3 close games (Carlton, Port, Collingwood) for 2 points + Eagles game and now Hawthorn. 8 more points from those games and the season would look so much better...

Isn’t this just cherry picking though?
Why not say 4 close games (including Sydney) for 6 points and it’s not such an ugly number?
Or alternatively Sydney have played 3 close games (Richmond, Freo, Saints) for 0 points.

Every team has put in stinkers or had close losses this year and it’s an extremely close season. I don’t get this shame cycle about freo as if there’s something fundamentally broken about us off the back of a close loss

Re this being your response to the team not quite being there yet.

One could just as easily say -

Can we put to bed the idea of using all our draft picks now?

Need to trade in some A level talent and finish the rebuild
That wouldn't make sense though. Unless something extraordinary falls in your lap, I'd be warry trading 1st rounders in a rebuild. It didn't work for us with Hogan or Lobb.

Our team is built around Brayshaw, Serong and Young at the moment. All taken in the draft. I hope we don't misjudge where we're at and think we're close to a Premiership. Aren't we regularly the youngest team in the comp?

Stay the course brother. Freo are on the right track - no need to butcher it going after a quick fix.

Few points here:
  • Reidy must be shit. He’s never played a game at AFL level and to be honest I’d say there’s a good chance we delist him if Knobel turns out half decent.
  • Frederick does very little. Gets a free pass too much for my liking and a week or two in the WAFL would do him the world of good. Just coasting at the moment. In the comfort zone.
  • the inaccuracy kills us. Sturt didn’t have a good game today but we needed go get the ball in his hands inside 50. Instead it was Voss who created plenty of chances for himself but has no goal kicking class.
  • Amiss mental yips are horrible. It’s a real concern for me.
  • Walters deserves a farewell game and that’s all - he’s slow and weak out there now. Not at the level anymore. A great champion but his time is up.
  • Fyfe was decent in the first half but fell away after HT. he’s a different case from my POV.
  • Aish out, Walker in.
Would have been nice to have Brodie to turn to when Fyfe faded. Instead we brought in a forward to fix a midfield problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back