News Freo head pack of eight clubs after Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

sadly, this is a possibility, although, i want to be on record in saying that 5 years down the track, when mundy is gone, and sherridan is staring for melbourne, we will be asking ourselves, how we let him go. I know everyone here loves him, and i clearly dont, but id be much happier seeing mzungu go, and he would have some currency given his last month... will never happen though, Ross loves him
it's sheridan by default as he wants to go home, apparently. SCNOS could be another, if he wants to look for more opportunities. they'd love him in the backline next to frawley.

sadly, this is a possibility, although, i want to be on record in saying that 5 years down the track, when mundy is gone, and sherridan is staring for melbourne, we will be asking ourselves, how we let him go. I know everyone here loves him, and i clearly dont, but id be much happier seeing mzungu go, and he would have some currency given his last month... will never happen though, Ross loves him

I'm sure you will be remembered for some of your other comments before this one KPR ;)

Reckon a team culture like ours where no one is expected to be a standout, just give their best effort, could bring out his potential. He's still only 22 & 196cm. I reckon at worst he'd be the equivalent of Kepler, but probably better.

I think that simply going from a club that loses 90% of its games to a club that wins more than 50% would remove a bucketload of spotlight from him instantly. He won't be our great white hope, he will be a recruit that wouldn't even be guaranteed a game.

If we are really honest, Danyle Pearce had about 2 decent games in the first half of this year and if we were losing, he would've been lynched.

What is it with some people on here that no matter how well someone plays the same posters seem to continue to hate them.
I really don't bother to remember who hates who, but we have:
The moronic Mundy hater
The constant Clancee bleater
The Tedious Tendai basher
and probably others that don't immediately come to mind.
I confess to having had periods of wanting guys dropped and been frustrated by the likes of Johnno, Zac Dawson, Keplar etc but when they come good we should cease the criticism and acknowledge that they are a part of our club and we are all on the same team.
We don't want it to become like Dorkerland where everything is beautiful and idiotic people try to be funny but on here the constant slagging off at the same players by the same posters is way too predictable.
Just accept the fact it is possible you sometimes can be wrong.;)
PS. This is not a direct dig at this particular comment by KPR on Mzungu but more a general comment.

Watched a bit of Watts on the weekend. His field kicking is superb. Really elite.
He's big, good tank, can take a mark and is excellent below his knees.
I would be stoked if we acquired him and would back Ross to make him an absolute weapon.
He's a baby in AFL terms as a big man and I believe he has years of good footy in front of him.
I wouldn't be against giving a player plus our first rounder because that is what he will cost.
If Sheridan wants to go home I'd give him plus our first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is it with some people on here that no matter how well someone plays the same posters seem to continue to hate them.
The moronic Mundy hater
I confess to having had periods of wanting guys dropped and been frustrated by the likes of Johnno, Zac Dawson, Keplar etc but when they come good we should cease the criticism and acknowledge that they are a part of our club and we are all on the same team.
We don't want it to become like Dorkerland where everything is beautiful and idiotic people try to be funny but on here the constant slagging off at the same players by the same posters is way too predictable.
PS. This is not a direct dig at this particular comment by KPR on Mzungu but more a general comment.

FWIW, Mzungu and Fyfe are our leading goal scoring mids so far this year with 15 each.

The moronic Mundy hater

Those two are one in the same... me :) although im coming around on clancee.

We were talking about ways to get Jack Watts to fremantle, he is not a free agent, so he will need to be traded for, and melbourne are not going to give him away for nothing, given that they gave up a first pick for him.

Melbourne will demand a first rounder, and probably a player as well, and if the FFC want him badly enough, Iif Ross Lyon believes that he can turn him into a player, then we will have to give something for him... there is simply no way around that.

My argument then will be, who do we give? for some reason, and ive noticed it on the carlton board worse than others, but some supporter believe that rubbish+garbage= good pick or valuable player... it simply doesnt work like that. That being the case, we cant expect to offer up silvagni and get something good in return, he just doesnt have currency.

What do melbourne need aside from everything? midfielders more than all othe areas, so what mids do we have to offer?

Michie: no currency
Sheridan: very slippery slope trading off first round midfielders who are only just finding their feet, and do have ability
C. Pearce: I wouldnt want to give him up now, not for watts anyway.
Barlow/Mundy/Fyfe/Hill/Crowley: hell no
Duffield: Possibly, but prefer not, and certainly not coupled with a first rounder.
Ibbotson: see duffield.
D. Pearce: just got here, wont happen
Deboer- Possibly

Mzungu: 27, seeming to be best 22, picked as a rookie... well he would be the best option of the lot as far as i can see, as he would have a little currency....

It all depends on what the club thinks his value is.

Personally I would have Watts, but would think his worth would be that of a pick in the 20's.... if we were going to go all out to recruit a forward, id hope their attention would be focused on Aaron Black who is out of contract and Shane Kersten, who has been killing it in the VFL and hasnt even debuted yet, and we could probably get at some value

We were talking about ways to get Jack Watts to fremantle, he is not a free agent, so he will need to be traded for, and melbourne are not going to give him away for nothing, given that they gave up a first pick for him.

Melbourne will demand a first rounder, and probably a player as well, and if the FFC want him badly enough, Iif Ross Lyon believes that he can turn him into a player, then we will have to give something for him... there is simply no way around that.

My argument then will be, who do we give? for some reason, and ive noticed it on the carlton board worse than others, but some supporter believe that rubbish+garbage= good pick or valuable player... it simply doesnt work like that. That being the case, we cant expect to offer up silvagni and get something good in return, he just doesnt have currency.

What do melbourne need aside from everything? midfielders more than all othe areas, so what mids do we have to offer?

Sheridan: very slippery slope trading off first round midfielders who are only just finding their feet, and do have ability
Duffield: Possibly, but prefer not, and certainly not coupled with a first rounder.
Deboer- Possibly

Mzungu: 27, seeming to be best 22, picked as a rookie... well he would be the best option of the lot as far as i can see, as he would have a little currency....

Personally I would have Watts, but would think his worth would be that of a pick in the 20's.... if we were going to go all out to recruit a forward, id hope their attention would be focused on Aaron Black who is out of contract and Shane Kersten, who has been killing it in the VFL and hasnt even debuted yet, and we could probably get at some value

If Sheridan wants to leave, there is nothing that we can do about it. The fact that he is not signed up 3 weeks from finals is disturbing given our past signing of young players that are getting regular game time.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost him to a different team and on traded what we get for him. Plus our recruiters have shown with Mitch Clarke that we are prepared to take the take it or lose him in the PSD approach. If Watts starts training with us and moves over here, no other teams will risk picking him up I bet. I mean Tippett is one of the best going around and he slipped to the swans last year so it can definitely be done.

Deboer- Possibly

the e e e e e e e e e e e ere you go o o o o o o o o o o o o :thumbsu:

I think that simply going from a club that loses 90% of its games to a club that wins more than 50% would remove a bucketload of spotlight from him instantly. He won't be our great white hope, he will be a recruit that wouldn't even be guaranteed a game.

If we are really honest, Danyle Pearce had about 2 decent games in the first half of this year and if we were losing, he would've been lynched.
I'm coming around slightly but he would still have a heap of pressure on him if he came. We are a team without a whipping boy at the moment, he would become it in a heart beat if he show Jack Anthony form upon arrival.

If Sheridan wants to leave, there is nothing that we can do about it. The fact that he is not signed up 3 weeks from finals is disturbing given our past signing of young players that are getting regular game time.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost him to a different team and on traded what we get for him. Plus our recruiters have shown with Mitch Clarke that we are prepared to take the take it or lose him in the PSD approach. If Watts starts training with us and moves over here, no other teams will risk picking him up I bet. I mean Tippett is one of the best going around and he slipped to the swans last year so it can definitely be done.

Possibly, had the pleasure of talking to Tom on my way back from melbourne after the carlton game at the airport. He certainly seemed excited about the prospect of playing finals footy, and didnt give the impression of someone that is going home, however its not likely something that he would give away to a random supporter is it?

youre right though, if he wants to go, he wants to go... its just unfathomable to me that a player would want to leave and go to the demons, which is what would happen if he went into the PSD.... I hope he re-signs, but if not, as you say, he will probably be packaged up for a pick or player.

willoblue has it in for Clancee more than you, or maybe you just haven't been posting as much lately. :p

I agree with E Shed's post re: Watts, except for the part about giving up Shero & our first. I'd offer one or the other, but not both.. Maybe a pick swap. I think with the ball coming in low and fast he'd look like a much better forward prospect that what he currently does. Yes, that's right folks - i've changed my tune on Jackie Watts.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Freo head pack of eight clubs after Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back