Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

When did Ruffles show that he could play extremely well at afl level? Im just really confused with the love on this board for Ruffles. It doesnt seem strange to me at all that they delisted him.
I believe we are in with a good chance of getting O'Meara, and if we do it will be the most exciting pick up in years

He kicked a derby sealing goal from a courageous mark running back with the flight. That's really the only Ruffles passage of play I can remember.

When did Ruffles show that he could play extremely well at afl level? Im just really confused with the love on this board for Ruffles. It doesnt seem strange to me at all that they delisted him.
I believe we are in with a good chance of getting O'Meara, and if we do it will be the most exciting pick up in years

ruffles had a good game against the slime, he didnt get a mountain of the ball, but what he did was all class, and he was playing very very well against the hawks until his knee went... i know what your saying in that he didnt have a fyfe-like stand out afl game, i base my love on a lot of what i saw when he was playing for perth... was just so hard at it, had an unbelievable leap, great skills and awareness. he just had all of the attributes to be a very good footballer.... i see (or atleast saw) more in ruffles than what i do in walters, and that is mainly because i watched a lot of the demons games.... his courage was just second to none, the kind of player i as a supporter love, but more importantly i think his team mates would have loved playing with him..... just a footy tragedy that he didnt get a good run at it :(

i personally recall a couple of very good games by Ruffles on the few occasions his body allowed him to play. He was sitting on the rookie list and could have stayed there for another couple of years. Considering our lack of pace, skill and run i don't think he would have done any harm sitting there as a backup. I hope we do get O'Meara, nothing i love more than a very talented WA guy who wants to play at home, considering most young WA footballers support either the WC or a Victorian club. Bring it on I say.

I have a shovel and a rake that I could throw in.

May I have a pick too?

BTW, what brand are they, we'll only take top quality gardening equipment, after all, Griffin will be using them to tidy up around Alberton Oval. We wont have sub-standard equipment if we have to take sub-standard staff ... ;)

Wow, this thread has made me sad; which is tough to do on a Friday. It's only been 1 season and the Brock O'Brien Rule - formerly the Adam Campbell Clause - already needs to be renamed. Did people seriously just compare Tim Ruffles to Jaeger O’Meara? Seriously? That just happened?

Wow, this thread has made me sad; which is tough to do on a Friday. It's only been 1 season and the Brock O'Brien Rule - formerly the Adam Campbell Clause - already needs to be renamed. Did people seriously just compare Tim Ruffles to Jaeger O’Meara? Seriously? That just happened?

pretty sure the comparison is tongue in cheek... or atleast my side of it was, jaeger has had two pretty minor injuries, nothing like what timmy went through. however i stand by my love for the ruff dog, as he was a real talent when at our club.

I remember calling him a poor man's Chris Mayne just after the first reco and you chewed me out. That's all he ever was imo. Yes it's sad he never got the chance to prove he was more, but I honestly don't think he would have lasted much longer on our list if he had've stayed on the park.

I remember calling him a poor man's Chris Mayne just after the first reco and you chewed me out. That's all he ever was imo. Yes it's sad he never got the chance to prove he was more, but I honestly don't think he would have lasted much longer on our list if he had've stayed on the park.

thats fine you entitled to your opinion. however as i said, i saw him get knocked out running back with the flight playing for perth, he was out for hours and spent days in hospital. he then came back 4 weeks later and the first thing he did was run back with the flight and take a jonothan brown like mark... he was incredibly courageous, had a massive leap and great skills. the kind of player who you could always say.. well atleast he gave his all... i did watch a lot of him at perth though i guess because i saw something in him, i dont know if many people would have paid as much attention. i personally think he would have made the grade as a quality wingman/forward in the brett heady mould. but we will never know. im not big wraps on walters but many on here are, each to their own

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...nd-jaeger-omeara/story-e6frg1xu-1226133807690

Coach Mark Harvey who enters the last year of his contract next season believes the imposing presence of Clark in Freo's forward line could be the missing piece of the jigsaw in the Dockers' bid to win their first flag over the next two seasons.

But it is understood the club's recruiting team have placed a greater emphasis on securing the silky O'Meara.

Highly rated Collingwood assistant Mark Neeld is understood to top the Dockers' wish list and it is believed he has been tabled a lucrative offer to move west to assist Harvey.

What about Brett Peak

He has had a breakout year for the saints whilst they have struggled (for us it was the other way round) - seems to have turned a corner and would add a lot of run which we have lacked.

He seems to have increased most of his stats compared to when he was with us - increased tacked improved his effective disposal etc

I reckon there might be a big clean out at the saints and he might see the writing on the wall if they had into re-build mode and might want to come home??

I reckon he might be worth a punt...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Brett Peak

He has had a breakout year for the saints whilst they have struggled (for us it was the other way round) - seems to have turned a corner and would add a lot of run which we have lacked.

He seems to have increased most of his stats compared to when he was with us - increased tacked improved his effective disposal etc

I reckon there might be a big clean out at the saints and he might see the writing on the wall if they had into re-build mode and might want to come home??

you cant even spell his name right so am sure you are taking the urine........

What about Brett Peak

I know you are joking...........right?:eek:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...nd-jaeger-omeara/story-e6frg1xu-1226133807690

Highly rated Collingwood assistant Mark Neeld is understood to top the Dockers' wish list and it is believed he has been tabled a lucrative offer to move west to assist Harvey.

Hmmm.. I read that as a little selfish of Harves, looking out for his best interests as a coach over the long term stability of the club. Why is it that he believes 1 player means the difference between 11th position and a premiership in Clark?

All year it was "When we get our first choice midfield on the park" even though our 1st choice was always really only ever 2 mids short of it technically being our 'A' grade midfield. It was always only ever Mora & Barlow, or Mora & Mundy, but until that time we were 'forced' to play pav in the middle and sacrifice games until they were back? And now we're supposed to believe Mitch Clark means the difference between premiership success & failure? Give it a rest & do the right thing and bring in O'Meara.

Why the hell are we chasing a guy (O'meara) we can't even play on our list till 2013?? He may have had a major injury by then and a great big flop.

I reckon they should stick to getting the best available that can come into our list next year....

Look at Palmer - showed so much promise then did his knee and now a shadow of his former self....

It is all about the long term though 332.

O'meara is supposed to be the next Chris Judd, Luke Hodge.... The next Superstar. Why would we go after an injury prone 24 year old Ruck/Forward (We have one of those already, Keplar) over O'Meara.....

I hope the club picks the right person to go after.... O'Meara... Not Clark.

How can you compare the Palmer scenario to someone who hasn't even had a major injury yet?

Because every untried youngster is exactly that, untried. Nothing but potential until proven. If you think any one of them is guranteed of success over another you're chasing rainbows.

Would definitely prefer to go for O'meara over Clark, but if the Gold Coast give up pick 4 for him we're almost out of the running anyway. I really hope we don't give up pick 16 for Clark, really not worth it IMO also the fact that he's out of contract i think we should be able to get him for a 2nd rounder and or Palmers compensation pick (if we get a first rounder just that one, if 2nd rounder then that and our other 2nd round pick).

Good point, We'll go for the tried & true 'homesick yet inconsistent star/player looking to escape his demons on the other side of the country' trade, that always seems to work. Because the untried kids have been getting us nowhere for 16 years. :p

Sorry to be so feccecious (sp?)

Good point, We'll go for the tried & true 'homesick yet inconsistent star/player looking to escape his demons on the other side of the country' trade, that always seems to work. Because the untried kids have been getting us nowhere for 16 years. :p

Sorry to be so feccecious (sp?)

facetious :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo looking to trade in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back