News From Port with Lobbe (Just pronounce the name wrong and it works)

Remove this Banner Ad

Noble just knocked this on the head (again) on trade radio. We talked to him at a time when we were looking at our ruck depth but he continues to be adamant it's not happening.

Given our trade and list strategy this year, would it really surprise you?
You're like a petulant child who's upset at nothing. I have seen nothing but consistency from the coaches and management team at the club. We were never going to go out and claim 6 players during trade week. They have been very clear about our strategy, it's also more than a 2 week strategy which seems to confuse you. We are in rebuild mode and won't give away 1st & 2nd round picks unless it fits with what the club wants longer term.

So Lobbe is the steaknives, who is the quality ruck?
4th Rounder for someone who earned himself a 500k+ contract due to his ability. I will repeat 4th Rounder... Cheap for his historical performances. Martin was brought in for something similar and he at the time had shown nothing compared to lobbe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4th Rounder for someone who earned himself a 500k+ contract due to his ability. I will repeat 4th Rounder... Cheap for his historical performances. Martin was brought in for something similar and he at the time had shown nothing compared to lobbe.
Yeah this is fair.

But alas, we're tight on list spots and we're not contending in 2018 - it's still clearly a development year. I feel Lobbe is more suited to a team like the Bulldogs or even GWS (I'd prefer Lobbe over Dawson Simpson at least) rather than us in our position.

So more than happy to back Smith and McInerney in should something happens to Martin in 2018. Worst case we conclude they're not up to it and go on the hunt for a young ruck in 12 months and offer them the #1 spot for 2019.

We don't have a 4th rounder...(ie 56)... traded it to Collingwood last year. Unless the strategy is to play 2 rucks in the seniors, where would he play? Big Mac won B & F in the twos, Archie contracted and then there's also Eagles, Ballenden and Walker as back-ups in the unlikely event of all 3 going down. Age profile all wrong... he'll be 31 when we're ready to challenge in 2020 plus. Would be a different issue if he was 25.

Lobbe would be a massive get for you guys, incredibly talented and versatile around the ground.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

News From Port with Lobbe (Just pronounce the name wrong and it works)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back