Unofficial Preview Round 15 v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need official preview writers for next week and on!

Anyone can give it a go!

Not liking all these footy shows tonight absolutely baking Port and highlighting how poor many of their players are and some strong language about their efforts- you just know when that happens that those sides have an extra point to prove.
Yep... I'm a strong believer in the bounce back factor.

When he gets off, maybe we won’t favourites.
Suspect that’s true

The odds moved significantly considering it’s only a potential ban and Hogan got off for the same thing

Although did the afl change the rule after hogan got off on a technicality?

Suspect that’s true

The odds moved significantly considering it’s only a potential ban and Hogan got off for the same thing

Although did the afl change the rule after hogan got off on a technicality?
Butters did look like a closed fist to me?
A bit more of a punch so that may work against him, if so.

Butters did look like a closed fist to me?
A bit more of a punch so that may work against him, if so.
honestly struggle to see if off the vision

tribunal might have better footage which i guess will tip it either way

if no butters it really is a big loss to their midfield even though he is down on form, rozee could be the berry target

honestly struggle to see if off the vision

tribunal might have better footage which i guess will tip it either way

if no butters it really is a big loss to their midfield even though he is down on form, rozee could be the berry target
There was a different angle that I saw this morning that looked more incriminating to me.

They will likely send Drew to Neale so we will need to try and stop one of theirs to even things up a bit.

There was a different angle that I saw this morning that looked more incriminating to me.

They will likely send Drew to Neale so we will need to try and stop one of theirs to even things up a bit.
yeah right, any link handy?

Rioli would be a big in - their small forwards are struggling and he bobs up against us a bit. Was a test last week so assume he comes in, but he has been a bit injury prone and it's a calf so you never know

Forecast mostly sunny and 16 degrees, lght winds, good result

I watched the 'highlights' of round 1 to make sure i remain very much a glass half empty supporter ahead of saturday (i really need low expectations this year)

-JHF gets wrapped up in an awesome Rayner tackle 5 seconds in. Nobody else lays a glove on him after that.
-Charlie looks way faster. Has he lost pace, and perhaps permanently? Who is smart enough to compare his speed? He has also been an off-the-mark fast bloke rather than top speed but still top speed might have dropped
  • Some dodgy port goals from umps, at least 3
  • That said we got a decent run overall, 14-3 frees at one stage in the first half!
  • we kick some ridiculous long goals, dixon keeps giving away frees - it's a very false 12 point lead at half tie
  • and then - wow. at one stage they kick 13 goals to one. it's an avalanche. defence starts panicking. midfield can't lay a tackle. it really was dire. 65 inside 50s to 40. surely our worst for many years?

On the plus side, Dixon and Marshall are really good and now they are in much worse form. Ditto JHF.

On the downside damn Ashcroft is a gun. and now i have ptsd again.

I watched the 'highlights' of round 1 to make sure i remain very much a glass half empty supporter ahead of saturday (i really need low expectations this year)

-JHF gets wrapped up in an awesome Rayner tackle 5 seconds in. Nobody else lays a glove on him after that.
-Charlie looks way faster. Has he lost pace, and perhaps permanently? Who is smart enough to compare his speed? He has also been an off-the-mark fast bloke rather than top speed but still top speed might have dropped
  • Some dodgy port goals from umps, at least 3
  • That said we got a decent run overall, 14-3 frees at one stage in the first half!
  • we kick some ridiculous long goals, dixon keeps giving away frees - it's a very false 12 point lead at half tie
  • and then - wow. at one stage they kick 13 goals to one. it's an avalanche. defence starts panicking. midfield can't lay a tackle. it really was dire. 65 inside 50s to 40. surely our worst for many years?

On the plus side, Dixon and Marshall are really good and now they are in much worse form. Ditto JHF.

On the downside damn Ashcroft is a gun. and now i have ptsd again.
My take on that game was that we were lucky to be in it at half time, only for the free kicks we would have been further down at half time.
Most of those free kicks were there though, but they were just harder at it all day.
Hopefully we remember that and don’t take them lightly again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah right, any link handy?

Rioli would be a big in - their small forwards are struggling and he bobs up against us a bit. Was a test last week so assume he comes in, but he has been a bit injury prone and it's a calf so you never know

Forecast mostly sunny and 16 degrees, lght winds, good result
Wouldn’t even know where I saw it now sorry.

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

butters is the natural berry target, much bigger body so should be able to bully him at stoppage

Not sure if Berry is quick enough for Butters or Rozee. His success in tags have some from bigger body mids in Bont, Oliver and Dawson off half back one game years ago. Will definitely be a test.

Not sure if Berry is quick enough for Butters or Rozee. His success in tags have some from bigger body mids in Bont, Oliver and Dawson off half back one game years ago. Will definitely be a test.
i wouldnt bother with rozee, terribly out of form since being injured

and berry is deceptively quick imo. if he can go with oliver he can go with butters.

i wouldnt bother with rozee, terribly out of form since being injured

and berry is deceptively quick imo. if he can go with oliver he can go with butters.

Oliver is not quick and Butters is incredibly elusive alongside being very fast. Berry is quicker than Oliver and around the same speed as Bont and Dawson. I don’t think Berry is slow, just that Butters is quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back