Unofficial Preview Round 15 v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need official preview writers for next week and on!

Anyone can give it a go!

Go for it, it was going to be me because I'll at least have seen Port live this week.

No no happy for you to do it, ill pick another week! Better off you if you're seeing them live!

Stop being lazy and write the preview Elixuh

I’m going to do the demons preview in a few weeks

Twin Peaks Hand Rub GIF by HULU

Both McKenna and Bailey are there on name. Brain must get a run - better bet than both, IMO.
I’d go brain for McKenna and sharpie for Bailey or most likely but not necessarily deserving ah chee .
I say that because it appeared both Bailey and ah chee had quite games but I would say ah Chee offers more off ball.
The other player struggling is Charlie,does he need a reset.
I’ll say this the ball coming in to him was shocking,never to his advantage.
Eric’s delivery to him was shite.
But I’m thinking in the past Charlie got separation from his opponent before the kick was kicked to him.
He made it easy for the kicker to aim for a spot.
That’s bad form on Charlie, reckon more so than just slowing down.
fagan would never rest him though unless he asked for it.

I think Fagan has always had McKenna best 22 but he must reassess this thinking going into the 2nd half of the season.
He just has not been able to play his usual style of footy.
When you look at his stats, they are not too bad, but he has not been able to have his usual impact with those disposals.

This could be because he has had a slight reoccurrence of the injury that kept him out early in the year.
Or it could be he has not been able to adjust to Zorko's playing style that mostly bypasses any sideways movement.

Apparently Answerth reinjured his shoulder in the VFL, so we need to wait on that update as he is next in Fagans HBF line.
That opens up a spot for Brain and to a lesser degree Beecken. Or his usual fallback options in Prior and Madden.
I don't think he will go Prior or Madden as both OOC and we need to free up spots for next year and they should go.
It looks like Torrent is being groomed for that HBF role to replace Prior & Madden.

Will Fagan drop McKenna or put "managed" next to his name. Or will he back McKenna to come good.
I am going for "managed" as it is the easiest way to get new blood into the side.
If that player plays well, it then becomes hard to drop them.

Out: McKenna managed or omitted
In: Brain

I’d go brain for McKenna and sharpie for Bailey or most likely but not necessarily deserving ah chee .
I say that because it appeared both Bailey and ah chee had quite games but I would say ah Chee offers more off ball.
The other player struggling is Charlie,does he need a reset.
I’ll say this the ball coming in to him was shocking,never to his advantage.
Eric’s delivery to him was shite.
But I’m thinking in the past Charlie got separation from his opponent before the kick was kicked to him.
He made it easy for the kicker to aim for a spot.
That’s bad form on Charlie, reckon more so than just slowing down.
fagan would never rest him though unless he asked for it.

I won't call for Charlie to be dropped. He is such an x factor when he is on. When he isn't he works his arse off and covers immense amount of ground.. and you just know he will click at some point. The twos won't do anything for him.

His goal reaction on Friday to scoring was clearly relief. And the entire team got around him, not seeing Charlie as an outsider behaviour there.

Definately think it has been a head problem, even if it originated/still has an elements of a physical one.

My call, the cycle is broken and he is going to have a massive game next week.

I won't call for Charlie to be dropped. He is such an x factor when he is on. When he isn't he works his arse off and covers immense amount of ground.. and you just know he will click at some point. The twos won't do anything for him.

His goal reaction on Friday to scoring was clearly relief. And the entire team got around him, not seeing Charlie as an outsider behaviour there.

Definately think it has been a head problem, even if it originated/still has an elements of a physical one.

My call, the cycle is broken and he is going to have a massive game next week.
The biggest thing for me is he is not sooking like he used to.

And doing team things

Daniher’s mark on the boundary in the first - watch charlie on the replay. Edges his man out of it just to cover joe. Then gives a big clap of approval when joe marks it. Awesome stuff from a leading goalkicker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win this one we will go past the Hawks and Bulldogs on the ladder as they have their bye next round, Magpies also have the bye so again if we win we'll only be 6 points behind them.

HUGE game, win and IMO we are back on track for another finals tilt and top 4 not out of the question with 2 eminently winnable games at the Gabba (Demons & Crows) following the Port game.

If we win this one we will go past the Hawks and Bulldogs on the ladder as they have their bye next round, Magpies also have the bye so again if we win we'll only be 6 points behind them.

HUGE game, win and IMO we are back on track for another finals tilt and top 4 not out of the question with 2 eminently winnable games at the Gabba (Demons & Crows) following the Port game.
Only 2 games off top 4.
10 games to go.

Only 2 games off top 4.
10 games to go.
If we get there and finish 3rd/4th it would mean we would have won a shite load of games and be in pretty good form over the next 10 rounds so I wouldn't be scared of any team away in the Qualifying Final eg. Swans/Blues/Magpies/Bombers.

Suspecting Hinkley will want Dixon & Finlayson back in his side to match our high scoring efforts of late. Although Dixon might be out another week after his high bump in the 2's, finger crossed. Marshall's been a bit off his game recently, but Georgiadis isn't to be underestimated.

It's a game that on form we should be able to win but I'm not a true believer this year until we put together 4 quarters and win interstate against good opposition and this week is the chance.

Not in any way considering finals or Top 4 yet. See where everyone sits after this week.

It's a game that on form we should be able to win but I'm not a true believer this year until we put together 4 quarters and win interstate against good opposition and this week is the chance.

Not in any way considering finals or Top 4 yet. See where everyone sits after this week.
This game is my next attempt at an away trip to get a win.
So don’t count your chickens 🐓 anyone.
Port will be keen to atone for their game yesterday and they smashed us at Adelaide Oval last year.

This game is my next attempt at an away trip to get a win.
So don’t count your chickens 🐓 anyone.
Port will be keen to atone for their game yesterday and they smashed us at Adelaide Oval last year.
Recent history is also a bit against you regarding Port & Brisbane.
Since R13 of 2017 only once has the away team won. That was R17 of 2019 when the Lions won away.
In that period, we played at AO on 4 occasions with 5 games played at the Gabba

Family will all be in Adelaide for this critical game. All strictly forbidden to wear Lions stuff bearing in mind the security precautions the umpiring officials are apparently obliged to follow at this venue. Getting more like the EPL every year. Disgraceful.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Family will all be in Adelaide for this critical game. All strictly forbidden to wear Lions stuff bearing in mind the security precautions the umpiring officials are apparently obliged to follow at this venue. Getting more like the EPL every year. Disgraceful.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
I will be wearing my Lions gear loud and proud 🦁
Win lose or draw

The only way we win this is as the hunters again. I hope we consider ourselves major underdogs and nobody tips us.

The saints game was just another fits and spurts game - we would not have won with a better opposition, simple as that. If we put in a similar performance we will lose. That’s where i am basing my expectations because that’s been us most of the year.

If we are to win as the hunters we need to tag Butters - he has been tagged very successfully since a hot start to the year. Berry can do the job. Absolute no-brainer of a move.

Rozzee was quiet after a few weeks of hamstring issues. Suspect he will be better for the run.

JHF killed us in Adelaide last time. We need to keep an eye on him in particular at centre clearances.

Their rucks are struggling so that could helps.

Dixon be interesting to see if he plays. Clearly on the decline but will keep Andrews’ hands full. He will play 2-3 more good games you’d think as players tend do on the decline so let’s not get his confidence up.

Adelaide oval is a long ground. Really hoping Sharp gets a run. Port ran us ragged there last time. Like others i think mckenna is just costing us too much. Faged can tell him in the nicest possible way to go back and get 30 possessions off half back in the 2s and start hitting some targets!

Ah Chee well down on form but had a cracker at AO last time so should play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back