Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it correct that Chris Scott said in the post match press conference that Gary Rohan needed a concussion test?

And if so what was the cause to need one?
Rohan copped a heavy knock in the marking contest not long before the back & forth with Neale

Coaches votes

FRI, MARCH 26
Geelong Cats vs Brisbane Lions

10 - Joel Selwood (GEEL)
8 - Eric Hipwood (BL)
5 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)
3 - Mark O'Connor (GEEL)
2 - Hugh McCluggage (BL)
2 - Tom Hawkins (GEEL)

A lot of Tom Mitchell about Lachie Neale.
Not much hurt factor to his game at all. Kind of similar bracket to that of Woewodin, Priddis or Cotchin. Top line players but hardly best in the competition.

They are severely lacking an explosive midfielder. Most teams have at least one, Lions were probably planning on Raynor spending heavy minutes in midfield in 2021 prior to a ACL injury.
Maybe Cockatoo can be that player when he returns next week.

Unless Cockatoo is already in Melbourne, he doesn't look likely of playing the next match or so

Don't forget to show the 5 times Selwood threw the flick or rugby pass and went unpunished. Or Guthrie handing him the ball for that goal!
neale should be cited for bringing the game into disrepute.
faking injury to get another geelong player suspended is disgraceful
he should now be on notice for such actions
doesn't like it when he cant get a touch
little boys who like to run around unnoticed should keep their hands to themselves cause when they are covered, they cant cope
schoolboy antics are not fitting of a brownlow medalist

Coaches votes

FRI, MARCH 26

10 - Joel Selwood (GEEL)
8 - Eric Hipwood (BL)
5 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)
3 - Mark O'Connor (GEEL)
2 - Hugh McCluggage (BL)
2 - Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
7 goals directly came from Hawkins brilliance and he only gets 2 votes. Wow.

and they give hipwood 8.

Coaches votes

FRI, MARCH 26

10 - Joel Selwood (GEEL)
8 - Eric Hipwood (BL)
5 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)
3 - Mark O'Connor (GEEL)
2 - Hugh McCluggage (BL)
2 - Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
Selwood 😍😍😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, I could have saved Fagan the trouble of announcing that Brissy cannot hack pressure when I was at the Gabba last year watching us beat them in the prelim. One of the best days of my life!

Please Footy Gods let the Pies tag Neale. After all, every opposition coach has now noted that the Lions and Neale in particular are fragile and it is easy to get into their heads. Not something I would personally want the opposition thinking of our boys but then I am not Chris Fagan and so maybe he knows something I do not lmao.

Get's tagged once, and has to get his coach to go to the afl and ask the umpires to look into it. Freaking sook.

Welcome to the world of real senior footy, Lachie. You might want to have a chat with our captain about what it's like to be smashed from pillar to post every week for seasons on end before trying to get the entire competition to go easy on you.

Surely a stack of clubs go with the hard tag on him now. And if he wants to look around at anyone for some help, he should actually be starting with his teammates. Seemingly they were more interested in chipping our coach rather than looking after their own player out on the field last weekend.

We need to remember we were lucky to win that game by only a point.
Not sure tagging is the way to go. He's a good player, but not sure he's that damaging to be worth tagging every week.

Not sure tagging is the way to go. He's a good player, but not sure he's that damaging to be worth tagging every week.

You would think handling a tagger is a skill he should be a little better at come our next meeting.

If we do that against Dusty, we win the Grand Final - gotta disagree on this one. Against the elite players, taggers definitely have their place

If we do that against Dusty, we win the Grand Final - gotta disagree on this one. Against the elite players, taggers definitely have their place
Dunno. They gave us a real pumping in that second half. Dusty or no Dusty.
+ you've gotta try and win. Last time we tagged him, Guthrie did a good job for a half.
But we only kicked one single goal for that whole half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back