Preview Geelong v Essendon - Country game @ MCG Sunday May 4 320 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither me, but I can't fathom dropping any of the others either, so I kindof get it.

Yes, I suspect Guthrie would be the other out... unless they push him further forward and drop Atkins, or possibly Jack Henry goes out. But I think you're correct.
Guthrie isnt close to being dropped.

I don't see Parsons, Fort, Zuthrie or Parfitt playing. They name Parfitt just in case he comes good but would assume he misses. If, and its a big if, he comes good, I reckon Henry comes out.

Of those named on your interchange list here, all apart from Tuohy are named on the VFL website in the extended squad for Sunday.

Can't see Fort, Parso or Zuth making the final senior team. And I believe Clark (based on the coach's presser) and Miers (based on the way he's been playing) are both likely to play in the AFL. So, if the way the AFL/VFL sides have been named means anything (unlikely, I know), I think it might be down to Parf's fitness to finalise the senior line-up for Sunday (with Mena to hold on to his spot if Brandan doesn't come up).

You and I are of one mind. I also am fairly confident that Parfitt won't get up, so the only change will be Clark in for Chook out.

It makes sense that Chook would feel stiff, but anyone dropped out of our current lineup would be justified in feeling stiff tbh.

No sure why Guthrie calls are considered melts
Constable is stiff and if Clark and Parfitt come in I'm not sure who else we drop

fantasy question here. thinking about get c.guthrie. a guy on here posted the 22 here but got it wrong as c.guthrie is actually on the interchange. is his spot solidified for a few weeks?

Also, with constable, any chance at all he comes back soon? I dont wanna trade him out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fantasy question here. thinking about get c.guthrie. a guy on here posted the 22 here but got it wrong as c.guthrie is actually on the interchange. is his spot solidified for a few weeks?
The only small defenders in the side who are genuinely safe even if they have a down month are Tom Stewart and Zach Tuohy.

Basically, they are trying to fit Clark, Guthrie, Tuohy, Henry, Stewart, Kolodjashnij, Bews and O'Connor into what should be five spots.

Bews, Kolo, Guthrie, Tuohy and Stewart were guaranteed picks week-in week-out last year, but O'Connor has taken a spot in the 22 (with AFLCA votes!) and Clark is the most promising youngster in Geelong colours.

Bombers dont have much in inside mids but they have lots of outside speed.
I think its tough but plenty of guys have hard starts. The rewards will be that he is playing in a winning side atm. Ask the guys getting games up at the Suns..im sure they have theor own version of hard start.

It makes perfect sense for Constable to make way this week for Clark. Clark is special and an easy long term Top 22. Someone had to miss out sadly and we don't need more inside mids. This is a very good MC habit I see in 2019. Minimal changes based on don't change a winning team unless absolutely necessary. Re Guthrie, he has been very good since return.

It makes perfect sense for Constable to make way this week for Clark. Clark is special and an easy long term Top 22. Someone had to miss out sadly and we don't need more inside mids. This is a very good MC habit I see in 2019. Minimal changes based on don't change a winning team unless absolutely necessary. Re Guthrie, he has been very good since return.
He has been good no doubt, but if Parfitt is in for Constable, who will Clark replace?
Henry?
Or does Tuohy go onto the wing and either Guthrie or Menegola comes out
I would go Guthrie before Menegola
Don't like Henry coming out either.

Constable was the obvious omission. Has plenty of things to work on. Has potential but Parfitt had to come in.
Agree.
Who is next out if Clark returns?
Menegola?
If we are serious about form and who we are playing, Tuohy could miss and play a whole VFL game, but he has credits?

Last edited:
Pray for me during this difficult time.

Although, someone did have to make way for Parfitt. I’m not sure who’d id take out of the mids before Constable for him. Clark’s counter omission will be interesting. Either Miers and Parfitt spends more time Forward, or Menegola and 2E moves onto the wing.

Other options are Henry, who I thought had his best game for the year last week. Or Atkins, who had been incredible on the oppositions best rebounder. Old rooke style low possession role player.

Looking at the interchange Geelong picked on their official website and looking at those named at VFL level, Tuohy isn't named in the VFL so that suggests he's one of the 4 who are guaranteed their place in the side. Clark has been assured of a spot also.

One would assume the final spot comes down to Miers or Menegola If Parfitt is deemed fit. Miers is in better form.

Based on that I'll guess;

In: Clark, Parfitt

Out: Menegola, Constable

He has been good no doubt, but if Parfitt is in for Constable, who will Clark replace?
Henry?
Or does Tuohy go onto the wing and either Guthrie or Menegola comes out
I would go Guthrie before Menegola
Don't like Henry coming out either.
There may only be the one change. Clark will go back into defence & O'Connor is likely to play the defensive winger role rather than Selwood or Duncan. I think we need that extra outside pace against Essendon & Selwood & Duncan can play more of an inside role. Smart move by the MC.

I dont understand the Constable outrage really, fact of the matter is if we started the season with a fit best 22 he wouldnt of played and now he's been squeezed out of the side as players return from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back