Game Day Geelong v Sydney Friday March 25 2022 7:25 pm @SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are the expectations of Sav this week? Scott said he was dangerous last week............thoughts?

It hasn't rained much yet, but I think it's still expected.
Unfortunately I don't think this will help Sav much.

If it rains - it does simplify his role. Keep in the ruck when in there, offer as much pressure to assist the midfield when the ball is on the ground. When up fwd, get to as many contests as possible, be an option for dump kicks when the mids are under pressure and ideally don't get outmarked.

Regardless of the drop Sav chat that dominates here. I like how Scott is managing him atm. He has gone out of his way to be positive in press conferences when discussing Sav. Also selected him to attend the first centre bounce last week - when Sav took that hanger in D50 I was hopeful it would kickstart him. Sadly it did not. I feel like MC are trying to get some confidence into him, all the while knowing that Ceglar will be ready very soon.

4 quarters of presence, and if paying forward at least look like he's a target capable of hitting the scoreboard

Hopefully the rain actual gets his head out of the way - surely what you said is his directive tonight. Keep it simple, get to contests, don't get out marked and compete! Hawkins is one of the best key forwards ever in the wet, so hopefully a bit of this rubs off!

I see that Esava is not only the primary whipping boy now but indeed the overriding talking point heading into matches. I'm looking for the top and middle tier to step up again in a tough interstate match. That's where the game will be decided for us.

This is very true.

Kolo is the same. Both vital depth in key posts for us. SDK goes down with concussion, thank god we have Kolo. If Hawk or Cameron didn't get up (with ceglar underdone), Sav is crucial for us. Obviously we all want more from him than last week, but he's not someone we paid heaps for - if he becomes a consistent fwd for us post Tom Hawkins, we should all be pleased.

This is very true.

Kolo is the same. Both vital depth in key posts for us. SDK goes down with concussion, thank god we have Kolo. If Hawk or Cameron didn't get up (with ceglar underdone), Sav is crucial for us. Obviously we all want more from him than last week, but he's not someone we paid heaps for - if he becomes a consistent fwd for us post Tom Hawkins, we should all be pleased.
Yep. For some reason we go much harder at our depth/bottom 5. Rather than being worried that the top 15 or so are giving us 6/10 rather than 8/10 performances. It's the latter that kills us in finals especially. But there's a free pass element for those guys when a softer target to pick on is available I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is very true.

Double lucky we have Kolo this week with SDK out, seeing he was actually put through a concussion test on the bench - and, obviously, passed it - when he got hit in the head during last week's game.

I know Narkle isn't no Selwood in the tough department... But he is pretty good in tight and can get clearances.
Would have thought maybe the wet weather would suit him.
Possibly will be the sub... but I was just thinking he could have been a decent guy to rotate through the middle tonight.

Looking forward to this one. Buddy will get 1,000, but IMO it won't stop us from getting the win.

I'll be watching Parfitt closely. Needs to back up that game from last week. Doesn't need to play that well every week, but he needs to not walk of the ground with only 15 touches. I want to see him develop consistency and become the player we know he can be. Too big a gap between his best and worst.

Selwood would be loving these conditions.

Cats by 21

I see that Esava is not only the primary whipping boy now but indeed the overriding talking point heading into matches. I'm looking for the top and middle tier to step up again in a tough interstate match. That's where the game will be decided for us.
Well said.
The young guys at 50-75 games are in development phase so while we want more, we are not a premiership contender anymore. We need to accept the fact this period of time is about ensuring the next batch is ready to contend in 5 years time.

On the flipside, Longmire invested in youth a few years ago and that is why their 75-100 gamers are now their best, as we will witness in a few hours time.

Here I am wondering why no one is talking about the match.

Forgot there was an entire match day thread. 🤣🤣🤣

Anyways I’m here to give my predictions. Tipping Geelong by 5 but definitely not confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back