Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee there are some spoilt brats in the game day thread going off at a near 100 point win cause we weren't perfect the whole game.

We went into preservation mode in the second half and we're not good enough to do that and still dominate. The Eagles showed some pride and effort eventually.

We did what we needed to do. Top 4 secured. If we're good enough we go the whole way from here. I doubt we are but we've given ourselves the best possible chance.

I agree with some of that but the best possible chance would be 2nd not 4th.

Good win and conserve some form and energy for the finals

Top 4 secured once again what a club

But I’m sure there will be some that are dissapointed as usual
I am disappointed.

That I have missed farewelling big Tomma posting this from a room in the ER.

I did thoroughly enjoy MMM call of the first half. Lawson and Stewart probably curtailed getting to top 2 tonight.

So at home watching (wife working, both kids at home..) and kayo switched the game off, flicked over to the tigers and suns, ewwww...
If any of us whinge about not winning flags consistently, after having the success we've had the last 20 years, watch the tigers and their fall since their flags. That's the alternative.
Putrid football, zero upside.

Geez people like you will never be happy even with a flag

Another ****ing top 4 which is just amazing

Happy with a flag.

Not happy without one.

Thats the difference between todays GFC and the GFC of old. We have had a ruthless attitude since 2007 and thats what seperates us from the rest.

The belly is never full and we are always hungry.

No need for the "people like you line"... Lets keep it civil

I dare think of the cost posters were melting over the costs of JC…he would be 3 times that

Yep 2 first rounders plus neale and humphries would be the minimum. And i wouldnt pay it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with a flag.

Not happy without one.

Thats the difference between todays GFC and the GFC of old. We have had a ruthless attitude since 2007 and thats what seperates us from the rest.

The belly is never full and we are always hungry.

No need for the "people like you line"... Lets keep it civil
2 injuries you would think that would had played into them going as hard as possible in the second half over a potential higher spot that relied on other results

**** me dead what a warped view over a good win and a top 4 spot secured

I love the way the Catters respect their retiring players. Seeing the guys out their with all their kids was terrific. The Cats took their foot off the gas in the second half, which let the WCE kick some goals. But it was a great win. Making the top four with this list is a fantastic achievement. I'm not confident we'll do much in the finals, but I'm proud of how this club just keeps on getting there. No other club has our record, so enjoy it.

Geelong board supporters would have to be the most entitled group of supporters for any club ever.
I dare say some of them didn’t grow up watching the club in the early days …I don’t take any of this for granted it’s been a joy the last 20 years but I remember the finals losses before this golden era and some posters even witnessed the even darker days before the 80’s/90’s

Entitled is being too kind

Geez people like you will never be happy even with a flag

Another ****ing top 4 which is just amazing
People can have their own level of standards.

We are a great club.

But we didn't capitalise today like we should have.

I'm not interested in participation awards... I want flags.

I am disappointed.

That I have missed farewelling big Tomma posting this from a room in the ER.

I did thoroughly enjoy MMM call of the first half. Lawson and Stewart probably curtailed getting to top 2 tonight.

Get well soon mate.

10th top 4 finish since Chris Scott arrived at the club.

I'd say a conservative second half

Not lazy
2 important “injuries” and conservative mode can do that

I’ll back the club judgment with their preparation and caution approach to the finals than those calling to go all out over a result that may not had even happened (top 2)

Doesn’t matter. The club will get it done.

We wont have picks low enough to get it done which means he will be told by his agent to nominate a lower vic club that can get it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back