Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

If two of those are future firsts then how would they know where they finish? I don't think a player you want gets traded unless that player wants out anyway. It's an empty demand

You wouldnt and thats why wce will want at least one top 6 pick in the current year 26 so they know what its worth.
That said if we make finals then and add reid you can assume those picks will not be top 10 in 27 and 28 which is why wce wouldnt take them alone.

To answer your other question in that scenario we would have to encourage one of our players with value to go to get the extra currency. If we didnt reids manager would know we cant get it done and would encourage him to pick a vic club that has the picks (as is the managers job).

You wouldnt and thats why wce will want at least one top 6 pick in the current year 26 so they know what its worth.
That said if we make finals then and add reid you can assume those picks will not be top 10 in 27 and 28 which is why wce wouldnt take them alone.

To answer your other question in that scenario we would have to encourage one of our players with value to go to get the extra currency. If we didnt reids manager would know we cant get it done and would encourage him to pick a vic club that has the picks (as is the managers job).

I would just work on convincing the player to come and keep the group together. There's no rule that trades have to be fair and even the trade you're proposing without players would be unprecedented

Holmes, Stengle and Cameron all playing well today will have done their AA chances a world of good. Thoughts on which of them (if any) will make it?

I feel pretty confident Stengle makes the team. Don't think Jez deserves to personally but people seems to be talking him up. IMO he'll just miss out, as Curnow has been way more consistent and will go past him on goals tomorrow. Holmes strikes me as having played the classic "needs to play that way for multiple years before we reward you with selection" year, so I feel like he's lineball and will probably just miss.

Holmes, Stengle and Cameron all playing well today will have done their AA chances a world of good. Thoughts on which of them (if any) will make it?

I feel pretty confident Stengle makes the team. Don't think Jez deserves to personally but people seems to be talking him up. IMO he'll just miss out, as Curnow has been way more consistent and will go past him on goals tomorrow. Holmes strikes me as having played the classic "needs to play that way for multiple years before we reward you with selection" year, so I feel like he's lineball and will probably just miss.
Agree with you. Stengle only.

I’m confident that Jezza will finish 2nd in the Coleman race

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bold prediction given that Curnow needs only two to go past Jez and he's kicked multiple goals in 18 of his last 21 games.
Futurama Squinting GIF

The official 2024 All-Australian selection panel comprises of: Andrew Dillon (Chair), Eddie Betts, Jude Bolton, Nathan Buckley, Kane Cornes, Abbey Holmes, Glen Jakovich, Matthew Pavlich, Laura Kane and Josh Mahoney

Love them (Eddie) or hate them (most of the rest) I'm probably only taking Bucks and Kane Cornes as serious football analysts from that panel

I would just work on convincing the player to come and keep the group together. There's no rule that trades have to be fair and even the trade you're proposing without players would be unprecedented

Reid is better than 95 % of young players traded which is the reality.

I understand what you are saying but thats what he will cost.

Personally i wouldnt trade for him at the price either id pass.

If HR wants to come here and sticks to his guns OOC we will find a way. Would want to make sure Lawson Humphries is well tied down by then, he’s going to be just as special IMO.
Ummm, Lawson is a really good story and will be a very nice player but he is not in the same league as Reid.

Wait is Curnow not selected? I assume he was going to get up for this week's game lol

Nope they need to win to make 8th and get the week off so they can get all their injured players back.

Bold prediction given that Curnow needs only two to go past Jez and he's kicked multiple goals in 18 of his last 21 games.

Not sure it really is that bold of a prediction

From the 6 teams playing tomorrow & those lining up, the player closest to the Jezza’s 58 goals is JUH who’s currently on 43 and Sam Darcy is all the way back on 35 - not sure either of them will kick enough goals against GWS to reach 59 goals

As for Curnow - not sure goals kicked in video games count, and players don’t tend to kick too many from the stands. Curnow was withdrawn from the match on Friday morning, and pretty sure there’s still question marks over McGovern’s availability

1724497819251.png

Not sure it really is that bold of a prediction

From the 6 teams playing tomorrow & those lining up, the player closest to the Jezza’s 58 goals is JUH who’s currently on 43 and Sam Darcy is all the way back on 35 - not sure either of them will kick enough goals against GWS to reach 59 goals

As for Curnow - not sure goals kicked in video games count, and players don’t tend to kick too many from the stands. Curnow was withdrawn from the match on Friday morning, and pretty sure there’s still question marks over McGovern’s availability

View attachment 2090164

Stop, stop, I'm already dead. 😭

Look if hes ooc in 2026 and he pushes for geel it helps sure.
But if the 3 r1s are 15 15 and 15 that wont get it done.
In that scenario we will be trading a clear b22 player (either to wce or a 3rd club) to get a much higher pick to get it done.
If we are trading future firsts WC will
Have no idea what picks they will be.

They could be 15, 4 & 3 for all they know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back