No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 factors
Slight salary cap increase/ more players being paid more so his relative contract is less (for example instead of top 20% contract is now in the 21-25% range)
More significantly lack of Geelong bonus favouritism
it wasn't Geelong favouritism it was to get the Suns a first rounder for Ablett

So... would it be reasonable for us to expect similar compensation should Duryea leave? I know it depends on size of contract etc but I'd argue they're similar players - i.e. not that great.

View attachment 568729

FMD the number of Conca types we have lost for next to or no compensation

Given that there's an exodus of players - the suns could definitely AFFORD to match.
The question is around how they would. I really hope they do - would be good fun. Hope they match and then go to trade with Richmond so they're not getting a KPF for nothing.

That's how I'd deal with it. Match the offer, then go to Richmond and say "What are you prepared to offer"? Can't see why they'd do it any other way.

That's how I'd deal with it. Match the offer, then go to Richmond and say "What are you prepared to offer"? Can't see why they'd do it any other way.

TBH - I will be disappointed if they do not do this. Are we the only club that needs to hand over a pound of flesh to that cokhead?

They're weighing up the choice between an easy pick 3 or a difficult negotiation that may yield an offer of a bucket of spuds.

But I would just love it if they did this.
Realistically GC need some decent players. May, Lynch, Hall, possibly Martin all gone in the same off season and replaced with draft picks + Miles from Richmond? That's a guaranteed spoon no matter how good the kids are.

They're weighing up the choice between an easy pick 3 or a difficult negotiation that may yield an offer of a bucket of spuds.

But I would just love it if they did this.
Realistically GC need some decent players. May, Lynch, Hall, possibly Martin all gone in the same off season and replaced with draft picks + Miles from Richmond? That's a guaranteed spoon no matter how good the kids are.

Well, if Richmond won't play ball, there would be other clubs who may be interested.

GCS won't match because they get pick 3 as compensation, if they match it forces a trade - Richmond won't do better than pick 3, nor could we for that matter.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pick 3 is the compo. Tigers dont have anything like that to offer in trade.[/QUOTE]

My point is salary. He’s leaving for less money. Get their first this year and next. If you’re trying to build a team I think 2 top 15-18 picks better than 1 top 5.

Or you keep a player cheaper than what you were offering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Hill: I really don't want to go, but I want to be with my family in WA now.
Clarko: I understand. You're like a son to me.
HFC: You'll always be part of the Hawthorn family.

It was interesting listening to Sam Maclure explain why the cats should play hard ball with the eagles over kelly, but in the next breath tell Adelaide that they just need to accept that McGovern is gone regardless of what they want and just accept whatever Carlton offers.

Looks like he drink drives and drink tips
567797_748b9d220a167704f61b105f5af04057.jpg
Os2lHmg.jpg
FIFY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back