Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 will be the first time in AFL history that the winner of an elimination final receives a 'bye'.

The Doggies and us will effectively be playing a semi-final tomorrow.

This has really changed the complexion of our campaign. No more MCG run for us any more. To win it we are going to have go through Adelaide and Sydney. Also.... Geelong are now 2 wins away from another flag with one of the weakest squads i can remember. Hawthorn and The Dogs odds will plummet because of this. Port will come out breathing fire next weekend (and then true to form probably wilt again in the prelim).

Port haven’t even produced 10 mins of momentum. Cooked

I told a girl I know that her Cats would win the premiership after they beat us down at GMHBA. She didn't believe me. Chris Scott has been planning for these sides all year. He has his structure perfect now.
Mitchell will have another trick up his sleeve IMO if it gets to that point. Belted by them twice I can't see us persisting with the same style against them. Dunno it's not a lay down misere just because they have worked out how to stop our style of play. If that was the case let's just give up now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2024 will be the first time in AFL history that the winner of an elimination final receives a 'bye'.

The Doggies and us will effectively be playing a semi-final tomorrow.
I wish that was the case, but i imagine they'll come out pretty fired up.

I'm quoting ancient history here, but the Bombers absolutely monstered the 'roos in the 2000 QF (100+pts), who we subsequently lost to the following week.... come to think of it, pretty sure the 'roos got monstered by the Cats in the '07 QF as well and they managed to turn it around the following week against us.

The Sack Hinkley thread on the Port board has already generated 12 new pages since the game started.

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

Port haven’t even produced 10 mins of momentum. Cooked
You don’t get belted by that much on your home deck without scars. I think Port collapse next week.

Just saw vision of their body language in the change rooms at HT and wow it was bad.

Not sure it works like that. They had won 8 of their previous 9 games by an average of 33pts including a 112pt demolition of the ladder leader and premiership favourite. They're not going to just lie down for the winner of tomorrow's game in the SF. Our route to the flag just got a lot harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back