Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure it works like that. They had won 8 of their previous 9 games by an average of 33pts including a 112pt demolition of the ladder leader and premiership favourite. They're not going to just lie down for the winner of tomorrow's game in the SF. Our route to the flag just got a lot harder.
If you come to play early they’ll start feeling the demons of past finals failures… Key is to not give them a sniff which Geelong did really well tonight- went hard from the 1st bounce and took the crowd out of it

Last edited:

If we cna get over the Dogs, it will be our 4th game in Adelaide this year. I like our chances vs Port.

We owe them.

The last time they kick started our season with arsey luck. The looks on the players faces after that game, was anger that they lost. If we win tomorrow night, we will get redemption, no matter how they come out next week.

Got to win tomorrow night.

We owe them.

The last time they kick started our season with arsey luck. The looks on the players faces after that game, was anger that they lost. If we win tomorrow night, we will get redemption, no matter how they come out next week.

Got to win tomorrow night.
I like this way of thinking!

Port just kept pumping the ball as long as they could into their forward line, they gave their forwards no chance, no lowering of the eyes, if that was their gameplan then it was lost in the coaches box.....

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wouldn't matter even if they did try to hit targets, Geelong defenders consistently all over that lumbering mess of a forward line. Wtf happened to Todd Marshall? He's not injured, surely a better choice up forward than Ratugolea or Dixon.

I could be wrong ..... but it appeared to me that Geelong tore Port Adelaide apart tonight. I think Port need to abandon that song and play this song instead.

Just what makes that little old ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant can't
Move a rubber tree plant

But he's got high hopes
He's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie
In the sky hopes
So any time you're gettin' low
'Stead of lettin' go
Just remember that ant

Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn’t paid much attention to this “record” and impressive that they continue to play finals.
It reminds me a bit of the dogs when they were making prelims but kept getting knocked out.
It would drive me insane as a supporter - always falling short. Shouldn’t the conversation be why haven’t they won more premierships from that position - 1 premiership from 7 prelim appearances isn’t a great conversion rate when you are having bandied about “greatest coach of all time”

Last edited:
Port just kept pumping the ball as long as they could into their forward line, they gave their forwards no chance, no lowering of the eyes, if that was their gameplan then it was lost in the coaches box.....

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was lost when they picked Dixon.

Dan Houston must be Ports WHOLE defence. Chris Scott must have laughed when Dixon was picked. Rata and him up forward are as useful as a fart in a lift. Hope they continue with them next week if we get through.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dan Houston must be Ports WHOLE defence. Chris Scott must have laughed when Dixon was picked. Rata and him up forward are as useful as a fart in a lift. Hope they continue with them next week if we get through.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Port is all midfield and their star midfielders were lamentable last night. Geelong’s system and defensive intent completely overwhelmed them. It was a truly pathetic performance from Port and a very impressive and disciplined one from the Cats who now have the rail run to the flag.

I hadn’t paid much attention to this “record” and impressive that they continue to play finals.
It reminds me a bit of the dogs when they were making prelims but kept getting knocked out.
It would drive me insane as a supporter - always falling short. Shouldn’t the conversation be why haven’t they won more premierships from that position - 1 premiership from 7 prelim appearances isn’t a great conversion rate when you are having bandied about “greatest coach of all time”

I hate to say it about them, but it is very impressive that Geelong has stayed relevant for so long. They may not have won as many premierships in a compressed window, but they've put themselves in positions to do so.

They're the only team in the modern era that has stayed relevant through team generations.

It's depressing as I do want them to crash and burn, but they seem to be able to continually regenerate their list through shrewd talent acquisition and lower-pick drafting, a clear and well coached system and top level development.

That being said, I feel Hawks (aside from our now small rebuild) shares a lot of these traits thankfully!

I thought they would finally fall off a cliff with their veteran list, but then again this year, they regenerate huge parts with more young talent seemingly out of nowhere in players like Holmes, Dempsey, Humphries, Mannagh, etc.

I'm still holding out hope that once Danger falls off their list, they will dip - but honestly, until Scott departs and their coaching ranks have a big shakeup, I feel they will always pose a threat in September. Which sucks.

Urgh, complimenting them this much makes me feel gross - I need a shower 🤢

I hate to say it about them, but it is very impressive that Geelong has stayed relevant for so long. They may not have won as many premierships in a compressed window, but they've put themselves in positions to do so.

They're the only team in the modern era that has stayed relevant through team generations.

It's depressing as I do want them to crash and burn, but they seem to be able to continually regenerate their list through shrewd talent acquisition and lower-pick drafting, a clear and well coached system and top level development.

That being said, I feel Hawks (aside from our now small rebuild) shares a lot of these traits thankfully!

I thought they would finally fall off a cliff with their veteran list, but then again this year, they regenerate huge parts with more young talent seemingly out of nowhere in players like Holmes, Dempsey, Humphries, Mannagh, etc.

I'm still holding out hope that once Danger falls off their list, they will dip - but honestly, until Scott departs and their coaching ranks have a big shakeup, I feel they will always pose a threat in September. Which sucks.

Urgh, complimenting them this much makes me feel gross - I need a shower 🤢

We can respect as well as hate them. * and Siddy not so much

Port is all midfield and their star midfielders were lamentable last night. Geelong’s system and defensive intent completely overwhelmed them. It was a truly pathetic performance from Port and a very impressive and disciplined one from the Cats who now have the rail run to the flag.

Biggest thing it felt like, was they all seemed to be ... slow. Real lack of leg speed.

Meanwhile, Cats being one of the older sides blew straight past them. Makes me wonder if Port's conditioning is not holding up well into finals.

So if I understand this correctly, we have a buttt-hurt dark lord by the name of "Sore-One" who is marching his army of lowlife, headband wearing, fossil-looking cretins across the countryside, beginning with Bogan-ville, as they mercilesses lay waste to undesirable areas of South Australia before attempting to wipe out areas of the country that people might actually care about.

The only thing standing in their way is a small band of warriors led by a little hobbit called Watson, who must use his wizard-like powers to strike at the ring of Sore-One and send him back to Mount Gloom (a.k.a. Sleepy Hollow, a.k.a. Geelong) with even larger buttt-hurt.

Too unbelieveable even for fantasy fiction. You couldn't write this stuff.

Biggest thing it felt like, was they all seemed to be ... slow. Real lack of leg speed.

Meanwhile, Cats being one of the older sides blew straight past them. Makes me wonder if Port's conditioning is not holding up well into finals.

This after all the loading activity we were told is why upstart teams like the hawks won games

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back