No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to my pie supporting friends.. They are very dejected

I honestly cannot believe the list management at the pies has not been questioned.

A few quick ones

- Nathan Freeman and Scharenberg picks 10 and 6
- Adam Trealor for two pick 7s...
- Chris Mayne on 500k in the VFL
- Daniel Wells
- James Aish
-Jaidyn Stephenson (seriously not a club that should be taking risks with heart issues)
- Mason Cox 3 year deal
- Trading down a pick in a supposed super draft for a Rookie from Sydney.

The fact they have literally no KPP options and a list of midfielders yet still seem to get any midfielder they can.....

Honestly I hate em but you need Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond competitive. Or the competition is boring.

Collingwood have cooked their list. Completely.

Topping up with mature players has not worked for any club think North and Brisbane. Won't work for Port or Geelong.
The only club you can argue made it work is the Hawks but they had a list of gun kids they drafted.

I don't get this you need *, collingwood and richmond firing for the game to be exciting/interesting - it has managed pretty well without us and we used to be a part of the big 4 - personally if those teams spent the rest of eternity residing on the bottom 3 rungs of the ladder I could sleep just fine

I don't get this you need *, collingwood and richmond firing for the game to be exciting/interesting - it has managed pretty well without us and we used to be a part of the big 4 - personally if those teams spent the rest of eternity residing on the bottom 3 rungs of the ladder I could sleep just fine

For me I just enjoy it more when we play and beat them vs playing someone irrelevant like Gold Coast or North. Everything about the game feels more important :)

Speaking to my pie supporting friends.. They are very dejected
Yep, one of my mates wouldn't even make eye contact with me this morning as I took my kids to school... Normally she'd be up for good ol' footy-based chin wag.

Yep, one of my mates wouldn't even make eye contact with me this morning as I took my kids to school... Normally she'd be up for good ol' footy-based chin wag.

My old boss came up to me and got the convo out of the way.

Better that way.

I honestly cannot believe the list management at the pies has not been questioned.

A few quick ones

- Daniel Wells
- James Aish
-Jaidyn Stephenson (seriously not a club that should be taking risks with heart issues)
- Mason Cox 3 year deal

The fact they have literally no KPP options and a list of midfielders yet still seem to get any midfielder they can.....

Honestly I hate em but you need Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond competitive. Or the competition is boring.

Topping up with mature players has not worked for any club think North and Brisbane. Won't work for Port or Geelong.
The only club you can argue made it work is the Hawks but they had a list of gun kids they drafted.
Scharenberg is a serious player. No idea what he’s done to bucks, just won’t play him.

HERE HERE:thumbsu::thumbsu::beercheers:

I have full faith we will be big 6 at least again soon mate. Trick is, once you are there without the interstate concessions, is keeping us there. That is the skill.

Although, having said that, I have never seen a rebuild in the AFl/VFL like this one. 40 list changes in 3 years, utterly unheard of. So maybe, just once, we are the trend setters and the competition will have to keep pace with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno... beating *Essendon in the GF to win the race for #17 would have a special feeling. It'd hurt them a lot more, too.

Collingwood losing GFs are always fun.

Richmond belongs at 9th.

I dunno... beating *Essendon in the GF to win the race for #17 would have a special feeling. It'd hurt them a lot more, too.

Collingwood losing GFs are always fun.

Richmond belongs at 9th.

Can you imagine the stress of that week though? I think I would age about ten years. And ten more if we lost!

A few quick ones

- Daniel Wells
- James Aish
- Mason Cox 3 year deal

Only Carlton have stuffed up their list and players who have left are now superstars of the game whereas they were very ordinary at Carlton. There is also no one at our club who is a media mogul and could possibly open doors for these journos.

Only Carlton have stuffed up their list and players who have left are now superstars of the game whereas they were very ordinary at Carlton. There is also no one at our club who is a media mogul and could possibly open doors for these journos.

How so? Our decisions since SOS has returned have been fantastic in my opinion.

Troy Menzel, Chris Yarran, Tom Bell superstars of the game? Henderson also not a superstar by any means.
Thouhy plays a role that some average look like superstars in Michael Hibbard, Jeremy Howe, Sicily etc. Two of which were average players at other clubs.

If you mean Sam Jacobs he is serviceable and at the time we had 3 rucks considered ahead of him. Even if we kept him you couldn't play both him and Kruze.

Only one is Eddie Betts which was pre SOS.

Gibbs going considering his age and the fact he had high value and wanted to go home. I have no issue with at all. We get two potential stars for long term.

Literally the biggest steal that left Carlton looks to be Nick Holman at the moment :p

Plus bringing in late picks like Williamson and Garlett as two examples show smart recruiting. Very low cost and both look very talented :)

After watching the Doggies on the weekend, I can't help feeling that they have really stuffed up since their flag. It could be a long long year for them, and with Gordon's reputation, Collingwood may have their next coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back