No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Players will need to try and adjust to the way the laws/rules of the the game are applied now, making tackling a first choice should be considered as priority…

Very hard to change that mindset as a player in the way the game is played, it’s a tough as nails competition…

It’s going to take a while until we get to see a better shift in the direction that will benefit players/game long term, still room for a good bump/block/shepperd it’s basically a fine line between a poor/good decision and the execution…

as grey as the rules seem and as frustrating at times, we're probably doing something right if you consider 40 years ago this wouldn't have been cited
For sure..
Well us living through some of the most brutal era’s when it came to many types of incidents in which the way the game was played, with very little repercussions with high bumps blocks shirtfronts tackles etc etc…

How many weeks would big Earl Spaulding get for that massive knockout shirtfront on Guy McKenna today? i mean that type of aggressive football was what i grew up on and loved it, looking back now with what we now know and are still learning it’s crazy that the game was played in the manner it was…

Cherish it, but moving with the times..

as grey as the rules seem and as frustrating at times, we're probably doing something right if you consider 40 years ago this wouldn't have been cited

The aim is that future players remember today in 40 years, when you boil it down to that it shouldn't be too hard to support the changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many weeks would big Earl Spaulding get for that massive knockout shirtfront on Guy McKenna today? i mean that type of aggressive football was what i grew up on and loved it, looking back now with what we now know and are still learning it’s crazy that the game was played in the manner it was…

Cherish it, but moving with the times..

Stan Magro would just be eligible for parole about now for his hit on Jezza - and you’d find Darren Milburn in an unmarked grave after his hit on SOS.

Is this the thread where we come to debate what should happen to Clarkson for using vile slurs against opposition players? It should be a suspension. I bet it will be something “juicy” like a suspended fine.

Sniper 😡

Are you for real Mr No Idea MRO 🙄

It was INTENTIONAL!

The Match Review Officer (MRO) graded the incident as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact, leaving Webster facing a ban of three-plus matches.

Is this the thread where we come to debate what should happen to Clarkson for using vile slurs against opposition players? It should be a suspension. I bet it will be something “juicy” like a suspended fine.
He shouldn't have been talking to the oppo players in any case.

I think it's pretty obvious he didn't intend it to be a homosexual slur and yet that's exactly what that word, in that capacity, implies. It's a word that he needs to get out of his vocabulary clearly.

The AFL are their own worst enemy, Clarko will receive a slap on the wrist, because he is one of the good guys even though he has a history for being a boof head.

Webster will be crucified, (should receive at least 8) even though this has been a long time coming, the AFL are reactive and have never been proactive. If they were serious about this sort of stuff, Kosi Pickett would have received 4 weeks for his hit on Baily Smith last year, not one, as he went on to do it again on Cripps at the end of the season.

It was the same with the gut punches, they allowed it to keep going and only fining blokes until Brayshaw had his jaw broken, then they stamped it out.

He shouldn't have been talking to the oppo players in any case.

I think it's pretty obvious he didn't intend it to be a homosexual slur and yet that's exactly what that word, in that capacity, implies. It's a word that he needs to get out of his vocabulary clearly.
So many things little Clarko does not mean.
A shit pile of things.
He is just so mis-understood and taken out of context.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back