No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be across all levels, makes no sense…
Makes sense when you look at it through the lens of them doing the bare minimum and even then being dragged to it. The Australian Sports Commission's recently updated guidelines for concussion in sport where the minimum post-concussion stand down period was extended to 21 days (which I imagine is the trigger for this change) are only about youth and community sport

ASC media release

NORTH Melbourne coach Alastair Clarkson has been fined $20,000 for his "inappropriate" outburst towards St Kilda players Jimmy Webster and Dougal Howard.

He has also been hit with a two-game ban, suspended until the end of the 2025 season, that will be immediately activated if he is again found guilty of conduct unbecoming in that time.
Clarkson must also attend Pride in Sport training as approved by the AFL. His fine will not be included in North Melbourne's football department soft cap.

Isn't Dougal Howard a newsreader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this on the main board thread....

Back in my day, racism was levelled in all directions, at all ethnicities, especially on a footy field and in the stands

Thankfully today, we are better educated and less tolerant of racist environments

Now, I'm interested as to outcomes people seek from past eras, if that's about being heard, understanding, healing and continuing to drive greater awareness, then that's a great outcome...

On another note, people would be misguided thinking that the players named in the article, are only ones that that would have directed racial comments toward the Krakouers

Posted this on the main board thread....

Back in my day, racism was levelled in all directions, at all ethnicities, especially on a footy field and in the stands

Thankfully today, we are better educated and less tolerant of racist environments

Now, I'm interested as to outcomes people seek from past eras, if that's about being heard, understanding, healing and continuing to drive greater awareness, then that's a great outcome...

On another note, people would be misguided thinking that the players named in the article, are only ones that that would have directed racial comments toward the Krakouers
I remember how racist the '80s were, I'm from Ballarat and watched Robbie Muir get unmercifully abused every week, I even saw him finally exasperated jump the fence and belt some campaigner who had used the most explicite and disgraceful language for three quarters. The only good thing was the two coppers who turned their backs when Robbie jumped the fence.
I was also at a Saints V Blues game in the late '80s when Phil Narkle was playing. Heard a "proud" 'Ainter yell, "..good on ya Narkle, you're our Abo..."
Nobody at that time even considered what they said, how it might affect the players, they were fair game. It's no wonder that Adam Goodes was so persecuted, McGuire came from that era, instead of defusing it when he could he inflamed it for ratings.
Now watch the mob react.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back