No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite being the preeminent sport across the country, there’s a distinct defensiveness around the AFL executive cohort about being candid and transparent. Whether perception or reality, the AFL comes across as a bit makey uppey when it suits them.

I understand the reality of cut throat modern business and to ‘brand manage’; we see it all the time in (sporting) institutions globally. And while I trust the AFL to grow and manage the sport, I have little trust or faith in their messaging or data or what I hear from them.

Despite it all though, I genuinely love this game. That is all.

I can understand the AFL not wanting to disclose money related stuff - because after all we all know that secrecy is an important part of equity - but not publishing player weights? I mean ...just LMAO.

St Kilda’s social media department is as useless as the football club. Is there anything St Kilda actually do well?

St Kilda FC - 2482 games for 1 Premiership

Nick Daicos - 49 games for 1 Premiership.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda’s social media department is as useless as the football club. Is there anything St Kilda actually do well? 😂

This is the same team trying to seek this as a “blockbuster” and having to give away 2 for 1 tickets to their home game tomorrow night against one of the big Melbourne clubs …. Absolute rabble.

St Kilda FC - 2482 games for 1 Premiership

Nick Daicos - 49 games for 1 Premiership.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Let’s not forget that the single greatest image in St Kilda’s history is of the players wearing Collingwood jumpers. Poor bastards can’t even have it as a poster on the wall that they'd be proud of showing off.

Just imagine being a new AFL supporter and touring the club.

“And here we won our only flag in 1966 against Collingwood

1710920229352.jpeg

You'd have to think that Darcy Moore would be a lock for the AA team this year. Finished 9th in their B & F last year and got the nod. Would maybe be in their top 23 in the B & F so far this year so with the intelligence of the selectors you'd think that he would have done enough.

:p Let’s not forget that the single greatest image in St Kilda’s history is of the players wearing Collingwood jumpers. Poor bastards can’t even have it as a poster on the wall that they'd be proud of showing off.

Just imagine being a new AFL supporter and touring the club.

“And here we won our only flag in 1966 against Collingwood

View attachment 1933907

and it only cost them 7 cents in the dollar.

The Tassie foundation membership number has gone above 150,000. Fantastic story - election tomorrow will be interesting.
Three in this house. I am proud ex-pat, wife and daughter Queenslanders. Will never replace my Navy Blues but will be a definite second team.

Hoping the enormous support sends a message to the AFL, that regardless of the election results and the roof on a bloody stadium, Tassie should have been in the competition decades ago. A club with Tassie identity will fill a small to medium stadium every game, rain, hail or shine.

If it is viable for Hawks and North to play there, a stand alone will be lucrative, well beyond the other expansion clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back