No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Comment re Carlton champion coach. Being precious but given his Hawthorn resume when talking about him gotta use both clubs.

He also mentioned the crowds jumping on the Carlton bandwagon and compared them to Richmond. Credit where it’s due - Richmond folk turned up in better numbers when they were crap than Carlton did.

Looked quite upset.
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say because he's done some decent damage to his leg. Won't be out there against us that's for sure. We beat the Eagles we should be absolutely chomping at the bit to smash these pricks and officially fly past them for the foreseeable future.

Missed the injury.

To be fair I reckon they’re not far off it with jhye clark - early days but he’s a worry
Reckon were going a bit early here. Needs a few more matches under his belt before casting him off as a spud. In this midfield he's on a hiding to nothing and being asked to do more than he should be at this stage.

Id say because he's done some decent damage to his leg. Won't be out there against us that's for sure. We beat the Eagles we should be absolutely chomping at the bit to smash these pricks and officially fly past them for the foreseeable future.
Looked similar to what Croad did in the 2008 Grand Final. He went down without being touched, came off the field proppy after looking down and holding his foot. Ended the night on crutches.

Looked similar to what Croad did in the 2008 Grand Final. He went down without being touched, came off the field proppy after looking down and holding his foot. Ended the night on crutches.
Yep looked similar. Could be at least 4-6 weeks at a minimum or worst case the season and potentially his career

Diesel Williams down in the rooms- guess he’s jumped on the bandwagon

Reckon teams bring legends like Diesel back into the fray when they are in Carlton's position. I think it helps with giving a sense of a higher mission and a connection to a club's successful era. Noticed it a bit in American sport in recent years.

I hate Geelong as much as most but to see an injury potentially end Tom Hawkins career is a terrible thing. By all reports he is a great bloke and apart from his cheeky ‘in the back out of the ruck’ goals (had to take a dig somewhere) he has had a good career.

I hate Geelong as much as most but to see an injury end Tom Hawkins career is a terrible thing. By all reports he is a great bloke and apart from his cheeky ‘in the back out of the ruck’ goals (had to take a dig somewhere) he has had a good career.

Agree. Shit way to go out. Seems a decent bloke.

Beautiful- off to the Geelong board for some lovely bedtime reading
We all have our delusions, but most over there have been very positive this year they will bounce back and win the flag again. Seems like its finally sinking in.

Also, that 2022 premiership only gets more and more WTF for me. Massive rabbit out of a hat.

Last edited:
I hate Geelong as much as most but to see an injury end Tom Hawkins career is a terrible thing. By all reports he is a great bloke and apart from his cheeky ‘in the back out of the ruck’ goals (had to take a dig somewhere) he has had a good career.

Agreed, should be on his terms after this long a career. He probably should have gone out on the flag win like Selwood.

The Geelong midfield is so bad I am positive they will come with a godfather offer for Worps.

He ticks all the boxes for them. A hard at it, proven midfielder in his prime who is also a Bellarine boy.

I have no inside knowledge but it seems an obvious play for them to make.

I’m pretty sure Worps will stay though, Sam loves him and he looks very happy in his current role.

I hate Geelong as much as most but to see an injury potentially end Tom Hawkins career is a terrible thing. By all reports he is a great bloke and apart from his cheeky ‘in the back out of the ruck’ goals (had to take a dig somewhere) he has had a good career.
Went on one season too long but I have to give him credit for maintaining such a high level of play right up into his mid thirties which is a testament to his professionalism.

Agree, seems like a genuinely decent fellow. Always a shame when a champion player goes out on an injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back