No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thing I like most about his meltdown is that he's thrown the entire playing list under the bus. He can't bring himself to criticise Scott. No mention of the guy who built the list of losers. He just really, really, really wants the players to believe more and play better and then they'll just win. Scott told them to run hard! Why won't they do it?!?!?

I swear that sometimes footy commentators think they are talking about the local oval's U15 B squad. "Run boys! Hunt the ball!"
It is odd that the list manager who has been in charge of the list build seems to fly under the radar of any criticism. Its mind boggling that he has kept his job for so long with so much failure.

I am not complaining as they both deserve each other, long may they be 💩

Yeah they can IMO, their best is the best and they have the strongest group of KPF's and an elite midfield.

Can they be consistent though?
Spot in I reckon & they've been in a sweet spot for a while too. If they believe & bring it into the finals then yeah, the team to beat.
I rate our chances to wreak havoc if we play in the finals, which btw I believe we do.

It is odd that the list manager who has been in charge of the list build seems to fly under the radar of any criticism. Its mind boggling that he has kept his job for so long with so much failure.

I am not complaining as they both deserve each other, long may they be 💩
Can't wait for Sheedy to start banging the drum to bring back Hirdy after this season

Yeah they can IMO, their best is the best and they have the strongest group of KPF's and an elite midfield.

they've beeen good since we beat them!

We kick started Brisbane and Bulldogs. But we demoralised Collingwood, St Kilda, Richmond, Adelaide etc.

Fox Footy cops a lot of citicism. This, however, earns a lot of credits in my book. They have posted Robbo’s meltdown to youtube. Preserved for posterity.

Haha at the start....."the bombers had so much to play for"
Robbo clearly heard grunting at the thought of it
The 1st smile of joy 😊 thx robbo 😘

Up forward sure, but they're very tall which may come unstuck in finals. I'm not sure their backline is held together too strongly either, a team that can get on top in the midfield and make that backline actually work is gonna cause them a lot of trouble.

You're right about consistency though, in fact I reckon the difference between their best and worst may be as big as if not even bigger than ours.

Come on, don't you feel for the guy? FFS, he has to put up with being a scum supporter. He deserves our pity.

Pity? No. Scorn? Absolutely. People can choose to follow a club that isn’t a wretched hive of filth - those who don’t can languish in their pathetic misery.

I have no problem with Essendon. Where I have a problem is with the media and their unrealistic expectations of a team with a seemingly middle of the road list.

Year after year, at the start of each season, the media have been throwing Essendon up as genuine flag contenders, even though they hadn't even made the finals the year before, and every year they would fall flat. I wonder how much Essendon listen to media and start believing it.

Robbo was talking about the talent Essendon has, but sorry Robbo, the jury is still out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks. Is that something people call him at the club or is it a BF thing? Doesn't come across very well (to me). I grew up with a bunch of Italians. It should simply be Mass. That's how it generally works.
His kicking is so precision that it cuts up the opposition so badly that someone has to call Dambo. I'll let myself out now 👉:door:

I have no problem with Essendon. Where I have a problem is with the media and their unrealistic expectations of a team with a seemingly middle of the road list.

Year after year, at the start of each season, the media have been throwing Essendon up as genuine flag contenders, even though they hadn't even made the finals the year before, and every year they would fall flat. I wonder how much Essendon listen to media and start believing it.

Robbo was talking about the talent Essendon has, but sorry Robbo, the jury is still out.
They’ll still get another 10 prime time slots on the “predicted improvement” criteria the afl roll out every year.

Get the players to believe more and play better and then they'll just win. Scott told them to run hard! Why won't they do it?!?!?

"Run boys! Hunt the ball!"
The last couple of minutes of that melt were genuinely pitiful...

This is interesting. Two sides to it, first is that it may finally release the chokehold that JB, Bristle and the old boys club have over footy broadcasting - an objectively good thing. Second is that we may be robbed of the type of lineup we had at stages this year with Matt Hill, Jack Riewoldt and Jordan Lewis - an objectively bad thing.

I'm not sure if I like it. I hope they can balance it with quality. God love Eddie Betts, he's a great bloke, I've had the chance to chat to him, and he came to my school with one of those footy outreach programs... but he is not a natural broadcaster. I know that few of the Indigenous guys are.

We'll wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back