No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon are a joke. Dropping cheat marks. Missing handballs. How the hell Mackay let Parker take basically an uncontested mark in that pack I’ll never know.

Essendon are grim
Stop picking on them, Essington are fine just the way they are.

I will put my hand up as being disappointed when McKay picked the Bombers last year.

This is the first quarter of Essendon football I have watched since round 1 but I have seen him miss 3 2m handballs already. Not sure if this is the norm or just Sydney pressure but dear God we dodged a bullet there
My first thought too but Sam and MM recruited for that which sits below the shoulders (Mass, Ginni, Chol, Meek) and then worked on above the shoulders. Once McKay donned the sash, ATS went bye-byes and BTS went with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will put my hand up as being disappointed when McKay picked the Bombers last year.

This is the first quarter of Essendon football I have watched since round 1 but I have seen him miss 3 2m handballs already. Not sure if this is the norm or just Sydney pressure but dear God we dodged a bullet there
Not having a go because no one would voluntarily have watched Norf 2023, but this skill level is not an anomaly

Sydney still have the ability to score in bunches when required, but they're incredibly reliant on either Heeney or Warner to spark it. They're very gettable if they can't get one or both of those guys firing.

This is one of the reasons why I'm happy the Hawks don't have one guy we're relying on. Day seems to be a guy we need in for structure, but given that we should have beaten GWS in spite of him being tagged it doesn't seem like we need him to fire up at all.

This is one of those games you watch and it's hard to see either team as a genuine flag threat.

I was in a New York City bar watching in frustration as the Swans utterly smashed us earlier this year. Where has that Sydney team gone? Has anyone noticed some space seeds drifting down?

IMG_9071.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back