No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players weren't happy when it happened to Bellchambers and now they've gone and did it to a former captain. Embarrassing.

I remember in 2007 where I think it was Vandenberg, who came out and announced his retirement. All of the then best 22 came out and said that they would be happy to give up their spot for Vanders to play his last game.

Well that's a different discussion
The first goal he kicked last night , totally burnt a teamate .
Last quarter last week same thing . Isn't the only one but no way we would stand for it .

Good player yes but the guns do the grunt and team stuff also . I don't see it with him .
He sleeps with the lights on I reckon. And his disposal by foot is rather questionable too. Has a knack of finding the footy with Essendon’s one way running game style though.

Would not class him as a ‘gun’, as you say a good to decent player is where I’d place him for now.

Am I right in saying this sequence gives us a very good chance of locking up finals regardless:

Lions defeat Collingwood
GWS defeats Freo
Norf defeats Footscray
WC touches up Carlton
We touch up Richmond

Am I right in saying this sequence gives us a very good chance of locking up finals regardless:

Lions defeat Collingwood
GWS defeats Freo
Norf defeats Footscray
WC touches up Carlton
We touch up Richmond
We win our last two games by the same margin that Carlton wins theirs by and we make finals, regardless of what else happens.

Lions defeat Collingwood
GWS defeats Freo
Norf defeats Footscray
WC touches up Carlton
We touch up Richmond
Close, but not quite. Carlton on the same points, so could still jump us next week if we lose and they make up the percentage difference.

Not a fan of David King but his all Australian team contains Sicily, D'Ambrosio and Moore who were all rated Elite by Champion Data this week. Nick Daicos and Merrett on the bench for his team.

Will be interesting to see if Massimo makes the eventual AA team or if a midfielder gets shoehorned in as a wing man.

I'm sure all three would be more focused on team success than individual awards as we face week after week of knockout matches.

Not a fan of David King but his all Australian team contains Sicily, D'Ambrosio and Moore who were all rated Elite by Champion Data this week. Nick Daicos and Merrett on the bench for his team.

Will be interesting to see if Massimo makes the eventual AA team or if a midfielder gets shoehorned in as a wing man.

I'm sure all three would be more focused on team success than individual awards as we face week after week of knockout matches.

Sicily has to come into serious consideration now we are (fingers crossed) finals bound. Especially if we manage to finish above Freo, who will have Ryan and Clark in consideration.

Moore is a lock. Special mention to Daniels.

I doubt they'll pick D'Ambrosio. Surely they'll put Zerrett, Sheezel or Naicos out on a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess I’m in the minority, but I dont mind a Freo win over GWS. I reckon we’ve got a better game against Freo in Perth than we do against the Giants in Sydney. The Giants play significantly better at home than Freo, in my reckoning.

I guess we're all sitting here thinking WHY TF couldn't Jesse Hogan kick 2.4 against us?

I guess I’m in the minority, but I dont mind a Freo win over GWS. I reckon we’ve got a better game against Freo in Perth than we do against the Giants in Sydney. The Giants play significantly better at home than Freo, in my reckoning.
Yes, I tend to agree. The Showgrounds cow paddock wouldn't be my first choice to play a final at.

Should we be supporting giants or Dockers today. I feel like Dockers losing is better to guarantee making the eight but Giants losing would give us a small sniff of top four

Top 4 is a bit of a long shot. So much has to fall our way. Would be happy with a home elimintation final, so am on the Giants today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back