Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like it or not, I can see why the Hawks are an attractive club to a recruit.

They tend to win flags every decade, that's a fact.

The chances of a recruit seeing success is pretty high at Hawthorn.

Money and playing finals youd think they would be the 2 big attractions

But if i was young player - then i would also factor in who i barracked for as a kid - especially if you were a keen supporter

But if all the offers were about the same $ wise - and you wernt going to a total rabble - then i would definitely pick the team i barracked for as a kid

Money and playing finals youd think they would be the 2 big attractions

But if i was young player - then i would also factor in who i barracked for as a kid - especially if you were a keen supporter

But if all the offers were about the same $ wise - and you wernt going to a total rabble - then i would definitely pick the team i barracked for as a kid
Even if Essendon? Or do you consider them rabble?

Collingwood have asked for our 1st round pick for Henry and we have knocked them back. Want to pay less
Kinda makes sense. We can just draft him with 18 and they'd get nothing. So in theory they should give us something in return.

I think we should just pay up if it comes to that, but no reason not to squeeze at the moment.

Like it or not, I can see why the Hawks are an attractive club to a recruit.

They tend to win flags every decade, that's a fact.

The chances of a recruit seeing success is pretty high at Hawthorn.
It's an interesting observation.

They had access to great zones in the 80s.

They had Buddy and Roughhead in the 2000's and some dodgy tactics against us in 2008.

Their recent 3-peat was timed beautifully as the expansion clubs diluted the draft and they were the only club who were in a sweet spot with absolute stars, experience and playing interstate teams in all 3 years. They had great players and a great coach after their 3-peat, but they sank pretty hard no matter what they tried to do.

The landscape of drafting and recruiting has rapidly changed. I don't think it favours them at all anymore. They are in the pack, no different to St Kilda in my opinion. They are a big club, and a good club, but it's really about timing, coaching and the available players.

I don't think their past performance means a thing when you look to the future. The porridge has to be just right (for example, our team, health and run in 2022) for it to work.

People posting online that media are rocking up to Waverley.

Seems odd ..... wouldn't all key people be at the draft headquarters?

might have something to do with it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So was Cockatoo.
So was Mitch Thorp!!

Close was just a rookie, does that mean his value is still as a rookie?

A players value changes in the blink of an eye and where they were drafted has no relevance after a few years.

Don't Melbourne, Carlton and Richmond know this very well. Too many dud top 10 picks to name, we'd be here all day.

Media there probably due to panel for racism panel been announced
Yeah possibly, but the panel is an AFL initiative rather than a club initiative so not sure why media would rock up at Waverley. Conversely, if all key people are at draft headquarters meeting with player managers and clubs then I'm not sure why they'd be at the club either.

So the latest text update I got from Hawks source was that they had no word from Bowes. They're confident but that's it.

Just sharing to add some balance to some Hawks posters who have gone early. As of about 45 mins ago

Thanks for the input. I think you said yesterday your source was of the view they missed out but now you’re saying your source is confident? Is that right?

If so that sounds like a change in events overnight in hawthorn’s camp

So was Mitch Thorp!!

Close was just a rookie, does that mean his value is still as a rookie?

A players value changes in the blink of an eye and where they were drafted has no relevance after a few years.

Don't Melbourne, Carlton and Richmond know this very well. Too many dud top 10 picks to name, we'd be here all day.
I'm not sure what argument we're getting into here. Bowes might slot in and be a star or he .ight bomb. Just like pick 7. We we do have a formline with Bowes to go off though.

Thanks for the input. I think you said yesterday your source was of the view they missed out but now you’re saying your source is confident? Is that right?

Likely the playing 1 club offer against the other until 1 club left standing is/was ongoing.

If we have missed Bowes - Should we have a look at Paddy Dow get him for a 4th maybe

Yeah possibly, but the panel is an AFL initiative rather than a club initiative so not sure why media would rock up at Waverley. Conversely, if all key people are at draft headquarters meeting with player managers and clubs then I'm not sure why they'd be at the club either.
To get the clubs comment and reaction? Club could be holding the press conference saying "we welcome the investigation, yada yada yada"

Yeah but in hindsight, the message was worded more as "we're not overly confident" but I guess if you asked Mackie he might have said the same thing.

Anyway, perhaps a positive that they haven't officially been told - or at least as of mid morning that appears to be the case.

FWIW..... the journo's are desperate to break a story and be first, and have sources at all the clubs..
If they cop a whiff a decision has been made they will pump out a tweet instantly to try claim it first.

Until they do, assume nothing has happened, despite a rando on the Hawks board claiming an annoucement is coming etc... the journos will know and have it out instantly if it happens
Players always let a mate know, who can't keep a secret first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back