Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we missed on Bowes. Thats a shame
Your posts have often mentioned the quality of his character... which makes me think you may actually have info or a link there somehow....

Good for Hawthorn if they get pick 7, with pick 6 next to it. They probably need some good news. No doubt they'll f*ck it up.
Its you guys getting pick 7 next to our 6 that bothers me the most.
The possibilty of again giving up what would be Geelong's most decorated player (Thorp/selwood)
Jesus if giving up Gary Ablett senior which would lead to junior wasn't bad enough....

A few posters are right here. A lot of talk on both boards. The Cogs trade was over the line on our board a few years ago.
I'll believe it when i see it

If we have missed Bowes - Should we have a look at Paddy Dow get him for a 4th maybe

Do we really want someone who can’t even get a regular game at Carlton. For all the wraps and as a high pick there’s something not right if he isn’t playing regularly by now.
In saying that you can always use depth. But I’d prefer us to try Knevitt, Dempsey,Stephens etc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not sure what argument we're getting into here. Bowes might slot in and be a star or he .ight bomb. Just like pick 7. We we do have a formline with Bowes to go off though.
No argument. My point being where a player is selected means very little after a couple of years, let alone several years as is the case with Bowes.

As you say, could by anything. But my post was more in response to some viewing him as a top 10 pick which automatically means he's very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. They won't be down the bottom very long. I'm not buying them being a basket case for very long. They're a successful club.
I think this time it's different. The stuff that's coming out from their recent successful period could bring a club to its knees, even if a lot of the perpetrators have since moved on.

I suspect that their 'win at all costs' mantra that would have helped make them so successful will have to be adjusted somewhat going forward.

And I don't see the talent on their list. Which is why they would throw the farm at Bowes, because picking back to back at 6 & 7 will be huge for them.

Collingwood have asked for our 1st round pick for Henry and we have knocked them back. Want to pay less

We will pay a 1st theres just no need to offer it yet until we know what is happening with other trades including bruhn. We will offer it eventually.

If we have missed Bowes - Should we have a look at Paddy Dow get him for a 4th maybe

His problem is like constable he has no tank.
If we thought we could fix that then id consider it but gee he would want to be cheap.

Hawks throwing much more money around

I think they've got him. I think the only reason the announcement has been delayed, is because of the furore around Hawthorn and the 4 person panel just being announced. They'll then announce they've signed an Indigenous player and they've got Pick 7, to wipe away the negativity of today.

That's my hunch

I have sources close to the club. They had high confidence a couple of days ago but not much now

Seems like he's chasing the dollar, and an easier ticket to a senior gig.

If so, that goes against the ethos set by Selwood and Hawkins.

Happy to see him make that choice.

Like it or not, I can see why the Hawks are an attractive club to a recruit.

They tend to win flags every decade, that's a fact.

The chances of a recruit seeing success is pretty high at Hawthorn.

I doubt they are winning one anytime soon with the list they have (no offence).

If we missed out on Bowes & Menegola was to leave I’d have a look at Setterfield rather than Dow.
Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Menegola get some of Selwood's inside mid minutes now..
He is definitely one player I do not want to lose at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back