Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you actually "lead in the race" for Bowes? He just makes his mind up which one to go with!
Happy Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

I'd imagine something like this. Mark McKenzie from Hawthorn at the front and Mackie the second one holding on very tightly and about to make a move to hit the lead.

Straight truth... I wanted/want that pick #7 (which will end up #8).

Don't overly rate Bowes though.

We just won the flag and we'll live if we don't get him.

I think Henry has plenty of talent... I worry about Bruhn though.

Once again... We just won the flag... Footy life is good.

I'm with you on that D BRIDGE

I think Henry is the Rohan replacement and I really hope Bruhn has a tank because we expect our between the arc players to run all day - time will tell.
Bowes has talent and #7 would be great but we also have a number of young players to assess as mids/wingers - Dempsey , Willis , Stephens, Knevitt , Whyte and Kroeger - so all is not lost if Bowes goes elsewhere.

Some peeps don't understand that we won't pay overs for anyone. Our TPP system has kept us going and within reach year after year. I doubt there is any one player that Geelong would change that for (which makes me very happy).
I love the sequence of us consistently being linked to players, people asking where we get our seemingly bottomless cap, then ignoring that we miss out of those players who walk for bigger contracts

I'm with you on that D BRIDGE

I think Henry is the Rohan replacement and I really hope Bruhn has a tank because we expect our between the arc players to run all day - time will tell.
Bowes has talent and #7 would be great but we also have a number of young players to assess as mids/wingers - Dempsey , Willis , Stephens, Knevitt , Whyte and Kroeger - so all is not lost if Bowes goes elsewhere.

Sorry but if we’re putting our midfield eggs in the Stephens, knevitt, Willis, whyte and Kroeger (with the latter 3 yet to debut) basket…I think we’re in some strife.

Half of, if not more will probably not even make it. Dempsey is the only one to show something but who knows

Think it’d be prudent to submit a counter offer to Bowes to try at least get close to hawks. Normally I’d say leave it but pick 7 is not something we get access to and this is a special situation

Not saying break the model completely but a little room to move is something I’d certainly do if it meant we get 7
Hawks probably going to pay the 825k for first two years then dropping it to 600k - 650k the three years after that. I reckon they have the cap space to do that sort of deal now and then pay closer to market rate once that's complete (and others are rising up the TPP ranks).

Sorry but if we’re putting our midfield eggs in the Stephens, knevitt, Willis, whyte and Kroeger (with the latter 3 yet to debut) basket…I think we’re in some strife.

Half of, if not more will probably not even make it. Dempsey is the only one to show something but who knows

Don't disagree - that's why I said "assess" - but if we get 2 best 22's from that group we will have done well :thumbsu:

I love the sequence of us consistently being linked to players, people asking where we get our seemingly bottomless cap, then ignoring that we miss out of those players who walk for bigger contracts
But then how can people like Jake Niall and Matthew Lloyd talk about how Geelong are ruining the integrity of the competition?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But then how can people like Jake Niall and Matthew Lloyd talk about how Geelong are ruining the integrity of the competition?!
Jake Niall does most of his work out of the local sheltered workshop. Matthew Lloyd just dirty on every other club because his own club is the basket case of the competition.

Not sure why people place so much credibility on what guys like these two say.

pretty funny that the Tigers came in with a big contract offer for Hopper and now seem to be trying to low-ball GWS. It'll make for some great melts if they end up holding him to his contract
It's sort of the reverse of Henry and Collingwood. Low-balled Henry and now want a great draft pick in return for trading him lol.

Straight truth... I wanted/want that pick #7 (which will end up #8).

Don't overly rate Bowes though.

We just won the flag and we'll live if we don't get him.

I think Henry has plenty of talent... I worry about Bruhn though.

Once again... We just won the flag... Footy life is good.
Great points.
I believe in getting the best talent available, particularly one that WANTS GEELONG.
Ollie Henry so far, is the only one ticking those boxes.
Nobody all year ever talked about Bowes or Bruhn until this Farm Week.
Suddenly they have become obsessions almost.
We have a superb list now(way better than my early assessment of middle road team late 21, early 22!!)with the amazing improvement in Close, Atkins, Zac G, DeK, Holmes, Stengle, Kolo, Miers, Stanley to the extent that we hardly have a bottom 6.
Having only lost Selwood, why all the consternation about these trade prospects?
It's amlost as if we have to be seen to WIN everything.

What do you want footy journos to do write nothing?

God you're heartless

Wouldn't it be great to see them write, "I've really got nfi which way this will go. And have nfi when he'll make a decision furthermore. So I can either make crap up or just tell it as it is".

Jake Niall does most of his work out of the local sheltered workshop. Matthew Lloyd just dirty on every other club because his own club is the basket case of the competition.

Not sure why people place so much credibility on what guys like these two say.
Absolute grubs of the lowest order. Here's a quick sample of their "Geelong has ruined the AFL" from today:

Despite all the talent at Carlton, their coaches don't get the best out of their players when they can't even scrape into 8th spot. Perhaps the Cats think they could do better with either player now that we have missed on Hopper and possibly Bowes, with no news on McKenna. The right age group and will not cost much.
Dow could be handy as a permanent super sub, from what I've seen on the Carlton board he's a fast starter but alas not the tank, 20 possie first halves end up being 23 possie games. He wins a lot of contested ball but is a bit of a butcher, but if it costs next to nothing, why not.

Wouldn't it be great to see them write, "I've really got nfi which way this will go. And have nfi when he'll make a decision furthermore. So I can either make crap up or just tell it as it is".

Tom Browne right on cue with:

We don't know anything, but here's a bunch of stuff we did know, that doesn't mean anything, that everyone else already knew, but won't really let anyone else know what's happening, because we don't know, but should know this afternoon...ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back