Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richmond's season has only just ended, but the Tigers are poised to be one of the busiest club's this off-season.

Tom Browne has reported on Triple M Footy this afternoon that Richmond could land both Tim Taranto & Jacob Hopper from GWS.

It is rumoured that Taranto could offered as much as a 7-year deal, while Hopper is still firmly on their radar despite strong links to Geelong.

Browne also reported that Trent Cotchin has been offered a one-year deal to play on next year.

they don't have the assets to get both.

Oh wow that is very disrespectful and arrogant to riewoldt to give him a contract similar to what a fringe beat 22 would be on.

*1. Jack and Dusty

Jack Riewoldt has been offered a contract that would see him be paid about $300,000 if all goes well, and the champion forward is likely to accept the offer. It’s a lowball offer, but that’s life for a veteran, even if you have been critical to three premierships. He’s been told it’s his decision, and he respects that, but even the most confident people like to be told they are wanted. Talks will be held in the coming days. The talk about Dustin Martin leaving the Tigers is, say the Tigers, the greatest media beat-up since, well, the last great media beat-up. More convincing is that Martin himself has told friends he is staying at Punt Rd. Anyway, which club could pick up a $1.3 million contract for a player who has, at the moment, lost his mojo? It’s not happening.*

I doubt selwood was offered 300,000 dollars.

Maybe not quite that low but he has taken unders. I don't see Riewoldt being worth much more than that as a player heading into 2023. He has spent half his career with Richmond when they were garbage and he would have been on massive coin to reach the minimum cap at that stage. Doubt he is earning $300k doing anything else next year.

Maybe not quite that low but he has taken unders. I don't see Riewoldt being worth much more than that as a player heading into 2023. He has spent half his career with Richmond when they were garbage and he would have been on massive coin to reach the minimum cap at that stage. Doubt he is earning $300k doing anything else next year.
That is massive loyalty to take such shit coin. Could probably get 600-700 going to collingwood or another club for a season or so competing

The thing with the Tigers is that they have big back ended deals. Martin on 1.3 and Lynch was also heavily back-ended and would be on over a million as he was bought in after the premierships had started.

Good on them for having a crack but not too worried about Hopper now they have committed 750k odd to Taranto and also some big upgrades for Bolton and Baker. The media have to have this tension to get paid

If there is substance to it then it’s ‘Geelong trade period of 2015 esk’ bringing in the next wave and trading out heaps of picks to do it but when we did it Selwood, Taylor and Hawkins were still 28ish. Riewoldt, Martin Cotchin are already past 32.

*1. Jack and Dusty

Jack Riewoldt has been offered a contract that would see him be paid about $300,000 if all goes well, and the champion forward is likely to accept the offer. It’s a lowball offer, but that’s life for a veteran, even if you have been critical to three premierships. He’s been told it’s his decision, and he respects that, but even the most confident people like to be told they are wanted. Talks will be held in the coming days. The talk about Dustin Martin leaving the Tigers is, say the Tigers, the greatest media beat-up since, well, the last great media beat-up. More convincing is that Martin himself has told friends he is staying at Punt Rd. Anyway, which club could pick up a $1.3 million contract for a player who has, at the moment, lost his mojo? It’s not happening.*

They sound like they are trying to copy the geelong blueprint and have no interest in going a traditional rebuild. From hardwicks attitude they seem very big headed at the moment about what they should be achieving and far from accepting of a decline

The thing with the Tigers is that they have big back ended deals. Martin on 1.3 and Lynch was also heavily back-ended and would be on over a million as he was bought in after the premierships had started.

Good on them for having a crack but not too worried about Hopper now they have committed 750k odd to Taranto and also some big upgrades for Bolton and Baker. The media have to have this tension to get paid

If there is substance to it then it’s ‘Geelong trade period of 2015 esk’ bringing in the next wave and trading out heaps of picks to do it but when we did it Selwood, Taylor and Hawkins were still 28ish. Riewoldt, Martin Cotchin are already past 32.
We brought in the next wave very slowly each year from 2010 onwards losing ablett. It has been freakishly good list management and a statue of both Scott and wells deserves to go up in the center of geelong.

They sound like they are trying to copy the geelong blueprint and have no interest in going a traditional rebuild. From hardwicks attitude they seem very big headed at the moment about what they should be achieving and far from accepting of a decline
Their model is a bit skewiff…Dusty 1.3mil v Danger 850k, that’s another very good starting player they miss out on to start with.

The Dusty money is going to burn them next few years if he can’t recapture something like his best form. I for one can’t wait to watch it unfold. 😄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2R1's?

A deal like.... three R1's out and two R2's back seems to have worked.

Would we do that again? On form we are talking two picks verging on in the 20's.... with something back.

My preference would be to give them a player and keep the pick but we know that story. Players have traditionally said no. He is contracted.. so we will be the whipping boys to some degree. What is the attraction for GWS. SC relief so the deal is not as important? Or would they want more than a Band two comp. What are they going to get for Taranto?
I think the new coach will want to clean the house on any player not wanting to be there. I think they'll be reasonable in a trade this time.

I wouldn't bank that our rd1 next year is a 20s pick by any means either.

We've done a fair bit of work behind the scenes for Hopper. He could end up at the Tigers but I think we are in the box seat to get him.
I think you'll find both us and tigers are really just chasing one player and we're each sounding out back up plans.

Taranto going to tigers and Hopper coming to us sounds like everyone is getting their number 1 preference

I think the new coach will want to clean the house on any player not wanting to be there. I think they'll be reasonable in a trade this time.

I wouldn't bank that our rd1 next year is a 20s pick by any means either.

True. P20+ in 2023 is probably pushing it a bit. I have no idea on FA's or FSon at this stage... and one can only go on the evidence in front of us. WE finished two games clear... Id would expect us to be top 4. We have traded our R1s when our future was less stable... and made it work with Holmes.

My point was really that the club has shown a wiliness to give a headline win in trade to the other side. Three R1's to GWS sounds liekr a great headline... put the pick number next to it and what we got back... not near as good a trade

Two R1s out and two r2s back for eg. would be a resonable. Its all about the total of the deal imo.

Of course ideally we get him for as little as possible. The club must feel they can get it done easily.

Stocker would be a great pickup. Rate his toughness. Has upside to move into the middle. Won't cost much.

Why didn’t he make it at Carlton? Too many other defenders?
One poster said apparently players wanted him out, doesn't seem overly clear. Sounds like he has had some mental health challenges over the past couple of years (but who wouldn't have in Victoria).

But realistically, he just isn't quite good enough to break through.

Given our list profile he is the exact type we should kick the tires on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back