Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok I'm off to watch the r13 North V GWS match where Bruhn had 24 and kicked 2.

Need to get a look at him playing in the middle... Because I have watched plenty of GWS in the latter half of the year to look at Bruhn & Hopper.

Both very underwhelming to be honest... Although Bruhn has 100% been played out of position in the front half of the ground.

I shall report back.
You can go straight to the app and watch every stat he records too btw only takes maybe 20 minutes at most

I understand our 1st rounder will end up around #20.

Just wanting to understand exactly why people say "they rate" Bruhn, besides going off that he was drafted pick #12.

I think it’s more rating the idea of him to be honest, I like that the couple times he played VFL this season he was BOG for GWS showing that he’s improved past that level though obviously still hasn’t found his feet at AFL level, from what I’ve seen his tackling & ball winning ability in the contest is further ahead than where I thought it’d be at the stage but there seems to be a bit of foot skill regression which worries me, that couple just be an inexperience thing, I still think it’s a good punt to late.

Maybe so but Stephens when he has been given a chance has not shown anything to get me excited about his future.

I was against the pick at the time but I actually think he showed a bit at AFL when given the chance, happy to let the club decide on this one could be with his injury history it’s his 5th or 6th year it all clicks or we cut bait because we don’t believe in him.

So I watched the entire GWS v North game.

Bruhn had a solid game and did a few nice things.

Not sure if he has a very high ceiling though.

I have watched him plenty this year and whilst played out of position... He just hasn't done many things that made me think "now that was good" or "damn I wish we had him".

Certainly happy to have him on our list but not in love with offering up our 1st rounder for him (not convinced we will... but we do usually get trades done with guys that commit to us).

He still is a kid though and has some tools to work with... I'd prefer him over Cooper Stephens.

If I had to choose out of Bruhn or Henry though, I'd go Henry in a heartbeat.

Henry just looks like he has more natural talent... The kid kicked 7.3 in a VFL match as an 18/19 year old.

I actually agree with the theory behind this - maybe increase initial contracts to 3 or 4 years, especially for those drafted in the first two rounds

View attachment 1506505
Why? Because they can’t keep a draftee happy in their environment…they all saw his reaction when he was drafted they should had done everything they could if they really wanted him to stay to keep him happy…they have enough handouts and help from the AFL as it is

Ok I'm off to watch the r13 North V GWS match where Bruhn had 24 and kicked 2.

Need to get a look at him playing in the middle... Because I have watched plenty of GWS in the latter half of the year to look at Bruhn & Hopper.

Both very underwhelming to be honest... Although Bruhn has 100% been played out of position in the front half of the ground.

I shall report back.
See if you can watch the 1/2 Auskick game... my son got 2 goals on his debut game.. he was in the black team and was wearing blue boots 😎🤣

Why? Because they can’t keep a draftee happy in their environment…they all saw his reaction when he was drafted they should had done everything they could if they really wanted him to stay to keep him happy…they have enough handouts and help from the AFL as it is

My comment wasn't specifically relating to GWS but the draft overall, and that there could be value in extending the length of initial contracts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually agree with the theory behind this - maybe increase initial contracts to 3 or 4 years, especially for those drafted in the first two rounds

View attachment 1506505

You really wonder about GWS’s long term viability. Poor crowds, player retention still a concern…

Breakout Cat Zach Guthrie’s stark improvement is set to carry on, with the improving defender poised to sign a fresh two-year deal.

A standout in Geelong’s qualifying final classic win over Collingwood, Guthrie held the Cats defence together and locked in his spot for the remainder of the finals.

His impressive and cool intercept game capped off a season-long rise for the backman, who has played 19 of his 52 career games this season.

The springy defender will have some tough jobs on his plate against the Brisbane Lions in Friday’s preliminary final, with Guthrie likely to spend time on the likes of Zac Bailey, Lincoln McCarthy and even Charlie Cameron.

Guthrie is out of contract at the end of this season and a two-year extension would take him through to free agency.

When contacted by the Geelong Addy, Guthrie’s manager father Andrew Guthrie declined to comment.

Guthrie, 24, is the only member of Geelong’s first-choice side under the age of 30 who is out of contract at the end of the season.

He has said multiple times this year he was keen to stay at the club alongside his midfield star brother Cam, and last month Zach said he was happy to leave contract talks to others.

“I have been focusing on footy each week as it comes at the moment,” Guthrie said in August.

“The relevant people might be dealing with that in the background for me.”

Geelong is set to deal with its other out-of-contract players once its season ends, with Tom Hawkins, Zach Tuohy and Isaac Smith keen to play on and likely to secure new deals.

Skipper Joel Selwood is also out of contract beyond this season.

The Cats are working through the futures of luckless midfielder Sam Simpson and fringe player Quinton Narkle, while veterans Luke Dahlhaus and Shaun Higgins have been out of favour this year and could hang up the boots.

Small forward Francis Evans is also without a deal and has drawn interest from across the league, with Port Adelaide set to pursue the goalkicker, who’s VFL season has been highly rated at Geelong.

josh.barnes1@news.com.au

I'm not keen on giving up a first rounder for Bruhn... but if we can get your boy in on the deal aswell, I'll start to warm to the idea.
It's a bugger that we can't get him as Father Son discount... I only had to play another 100 games and he would of qualified....🤣🤣

You really wonder about GWS’s long term viability. Poor crowds, player retention still a concern…
I read it summed up really well a few weeks ago:

• GWS started with a good number of first round draft picks,
  • After a period of time, they started losing top end talent to opposition teams & in trades for them they'd want top value; so more first round picks & top end talent coming in,
  • To help with player retention, they started bumping up players salaries to stay at the club but some felt they weren't getting their value compared to what was on offer elsewhere,
  • GWS didn't want to give up players easily, so would put a high price on their head and get more first round picks & top end talent,
  • To help with player retention they'd bump up salaries but others wouldn't get what they deemed their share & then look at their options...

Keep repeating

or how about fold the gold coast jokers and give their license to Tasmania. Its embarrassing hearing flogs like cochrane bitch about every little thing about a Tassie team while they fumble and bumble around for over a decade.
The suns have a healthy membership and get a lot of fans to games. They’ve also done a lot of work in the community to get kids involved in the game who otherwise would be playing league.

Super draft literally hasn't been brought up prior to the draft since 2018 and look how that went. Stars absolutely everywhere in the first round.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

How did it go for us? Clark wasn't it?

The Futures game in a week or two might give a us a little insight ... but the idea that we will drop in to the top 10 seems far fetched atm... so id worry about the draft down the track a bit..and if you could add someone who would be a selection option form day one, I'd do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back