Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I swear if they give Stanley another shot in the prem and he gives no intensity or hunger for the ball that’s his paper stamps…even if we win drop him

I’m sick of it and just hoping last night game was due to a lack of game time leading up to the finals
Why give him another shot.
At least Ceglar will run through Gawn

CONTRACTED STAR EXPECTED TO PLAY “FOR THE CATS NEXT SEASON”​

BY LACHLAN GELEIT AN HOUR AGO
17GWSGC21GDP743630185.JPG

GWS midfielder Jacob Hopper could be on the move to Geelong next season.
While the on-baller has a year to run on his contract, it’s believed the Giants are “determined” to clear cap space ahead of new coach Adam Kingsley’s arrival, potentially opening the door for the 25-year-old to depart.

SEN’s Sam Edmund reported last month that the Cats were “invested” in acquiring Hopper’s services and AFL journalist Damian Barrett expects him to wear the hoops next season as Geelong has “done a lot of work behind the scenes”.
“They are still a mess the Giants when it comes to the salary cap,” Barrett said on Nine’s Sunday Footy Show.
Jacob Hopper is contracted for 2023, but the Cats have done a lot of work behind the scenes to get him to want to go to Geelong.
“While he is contracted for the Giants, I expect him to be playing for the Cats next year.”

0 seconds of 15 seconds

00:13
00:37

With fellow young midfielder Tim Taranto also set to request a trade out of GWS, Kane Cornes believes that’s a tough start for Kingsley to arrive at the club after losing two key players.
“It’s a tough one for Kingsley,” Cornes said.
“You get the job, and then two of your young best midfielders move out again.”
Hopper is currently contracted until the end of the 2023 season at GWS and will need to be traded this off-season to end up a Cat.

Why give him another shot.
At least Ceglar will run through Gawn
And Gawn will run him outta puff by the end of the first quarter.
The guys tank is as big as my big toe.
His athletic ability is that of a elephant.
Stanley has done really well in about 80% of his games this year… he was bound to have a shocker.
a bit like the shockers Blitz Hawk Tuohy and Stenge had… Big picture not small required here.
Cheers Larry

Stanley has done really well in about 80% of his games this year… he was bound to have a shocker.
a bit like the shockers Blitz Hawk Tuohy and Stenge had… Big picture not small required here.
Cheers Larry
Understand the point.
Stanley has the weakest marking hands on a ruck I've seen.
My big picture is there
Just want a big m an who can clunk and hit to position
He is neither

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand the point.
Stanley has the weakest marking hands on a ruck I've seen.
My big picture is there
Just want a big m an who can clunk and hit to position
He is neither
And yet with him we've risen to the top of the pile this year. He must of been doing something right yeah?
He has played a fair few good games this year.
When he's on he's gonna make a win a lot easier is all i know.
Cheers

Cheers Larry

To be fair cegs had the mcg as his home ground for 9 years and ran out games well there so he can do it-the question is after an injury interrupted year does he still have that fitness base or would he run out of puff? Its a big question mark i agree.

CONTRACTED STAR EXPECTED TO PLAY “FOR THE CATS NEXT SEASON”​

BY LACHLAN GELEIT AN HOUR AGO
17GWSGC21GDP743630185.JPG

GWS midfielder Jacob Hopper could be on the move to Geelong next season.
While the on-baller has a year to run on his contract, it’s believed the Giants are “determined” to clear cap space ahead of new coach Adam Kingsley’s arrival, potentially opening the door for the 25-year-old to depart.

SEN’s Sam Edmund reported last month that the Cats were “invested” in acquiring Hopper’s services and AFL journalist Damian Barrett expects him to wear the hoops next season as Geelong has “done a lot of work behind the scenes”.
“They are still a mess the Giants when it comes to the salary cap,” Barrett said on Nine’s Sunday Footy Show.
“Jacob Hopper is contracted for 2023, but the Cats have done a lot of work behind the scenes to get him to want to go to Geelong.
“While he is contracted for the Giants, I expect him to be playing for the Cats next year.”

0 seconds of 15 seconds

00:13
00:37

With fellow young midfielder Tim Taranto also set to request a trade out of GWS, Kane Cornes believes that’s a tough start for Kingsley to arrive at the club after losing two key players.
“It’s a tough one for Kingsley,” Cornes said.
“You get the job, and then two of your young best midfielders move out again.”
Hopper is currently contracted until the end of the 2023 season at GWS and will need to be traded this off-season to end up a Cat.

What do you think we'll be trading to get this deal done? 2 knees?

To be fair cegs had the mcg as his home ground for 9 years and ran out games well there so he can do it-the question is after an injury interrupted year does he still have that fitness base or would he run out of puff? Its a big question mark i agree.
Ceglar has played 40 games at the mcg. Stanley has played 38

So assuming Hopper is done (and pick 18 with nothing else involved would be a steal - GWS cap issues or not) as Selwood retires, it leaves us with two other issues - key defender depth, and a transition / supporting ruck for the gap between Stanley and Ceglar retiring, Conway being able to come up.

Plenty already said re: ruck options, but what about key defender depth? No room to pay up if getting Hopper (and potentially targeting Grundy) - so need to find a cheap KPD backstop option to sit in VFL.

Outside draft options, was looking at the swans list. Melican or Gould perhaps? Either one would likely only cost us something like R3 or R4 pick and not much on the pay scale. (McAsey is the other one sitting in SANFL but others seem to be already into him more).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back