Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

I'm wondering if we make an early trade involving our future 2nd or 3rd round pick to take our future first off the table, at least for early trade negotiations

Similar to our approach when we bought in Tanner & Ollie in 22
Not sure if it would change much as I think the dogs would give back a future 2nd in any scenario there

Maybe. I mean we might give the dogs a few days before we do that.
What we should do is trade our future 2nd for an extra 2nd this year and offer the dogs 15 + the better of the 2 2nds. Means they can't ask for the future 1st as you say and then wait for them to fold in the last hour.

Then offer Gold Coast or Brisbane a 2nd round, 3rd round and 4th/5th round picks for either of their first round picks this year as it’ll otherwise be sucked up by F/S and Academy bids.
Lions especially, they are screwed for points if their pick keep moving back with compo picks.
They need to pay for Ashcroft who is guaranteed top 3 and Marshall who is around late first round spot but could go earlier.

Can grab something nice in this draft along with Baz who essentially is like grabbing a mature age draftee. Guys is only 23 FFS. A good 10 years at the Cats to come!

Last edited:

I'm the same but if we were going to rookie him we would have announced it.

The way some sections of the AFL (usually less fortunate campaigners) whinge about Father/Son/Daughter picks, it will probably be changed by the time his kids have grown up.

Oliver having a word with the AFL PA.

AFL PA having a word with MFC.

Expect a deal late in the trade period...

From the Main Boreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed trade thread on Clayton :p

I don't really see how the AFLPA could strong arm Melbourne over this.

(I love a bit of spice in the trade period - even if it doesn't come to fruition)

(I love a bit of spice in the trade period - even if it doesn't come to fruition)
I reckon that night be our friend intentionally posting to elicit response from opposition supporters rather than an actual thing that's happening

No, no, you misheard.

He said "Clayton Oliver has the full support of the....Eastern Beach....board....walk"

Cringeworthy that Green has to front their B&F with all the Ra Ra rhubarb and unity razzmatazz, citing past champions sticking by the Club. Whistling the dog PR. I'd love to see inside Oliver's head sitting there, would it be telling him, how's the shopping going, you haven't stuck by me?

Well I guess the AFLPA president will have to get involved then.

What’s happening with JJ at the dogs? He’s seems like he is available if a club is keen. Hasn’t had the best couple of seasons but he’s played some good footy before. If we miss on Oliver I’d be still looking for another player to add.
Maybe JJ could play a role on the wing or half back to allow others to play in the middle.

Cringeworthy that Green has to front their B&F with all the Ra Ra rhubarb and unity razzmatazz, citing past champions sticking by the Club. Whistling the dog PR. I'd love to see inside Oliver's head sitting there, would it be telling him, how's the shopping going, you haven't stuck by me?
To me and a few others, Goodwin sounded half cut delivering his speech at the bnf

Yeah sounds pretty manipulative.

Oliver got their shit truck organisation a flag and this is the kinda shit they pull on him.

It's embarrassing stuff.

I reckon that night be our friend intentionally posting to elicit response from opposition supporters rather than an actual thing that's happening
Very entertaining either way 😇

Steve Hocking and the Illuminati are conspiring to get Clayton Oliver to the Cattery.

If you play Steve's Carji address backwards, it reveals a hidden message!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back