Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Cats problem is lack of Trade Bait
Senior stars are too old to trade
Kittens are too needed to trade
Future Picks are too valuable

Only option left is 8 late Picks
Hope to find some potential

We should offer our 4th and 5th round picks with recommendations from Wells for those picks. Would be worth as much as a first rounder

Seriously???

Best 4th Round Pick = 207 points
Best 5th Round Pick = 9 points
Total value = 216 points

Worst 1st Round Pick = 985 points

View attachment 2088319
The tongue in cheek comment was in regards to Wells giving information around that pick due to his strike rate with late picks

Cats problem is lack of Trade Bait
Senior stars are too old to trade
Kittens are too needed to trade
Future Picks are too valuable

Only option left is 8 late Picks
Hope to find some potential

This is where Humphries could come into the equation. If he keeps developing at this rate, and becomes an elite rebounding defender, he could be part of a swap for Harley Reid. We would still need to cough up a bit more.

This is where Humphries could come into the equation. If he keeps developing at this rate, and becomes an elite rebounding defender, he could be part of a swap for Harley Reid. We would still need to cough up a bit more.
If the club willingly gives up Laws at any point, I'll cancel my membership for a season.

#shouldbealawagainstit
#punfullyintended

I would hold for on that. Lawson could be anything

I know. He looks exceptional. Oozes class and leadership qualities but it's just a hypothesis.
Could become a reality in a few years time.

Reid is going to be a generational talent. We have seen firsthand what the impact of Ablett Jnr & Dangerfield have had on this club.

I know. He looks exceptional. Oozes class and leadership qualities but it's just a hypothesis.
Could become a reality in a few years time.

Reid is going to be a generational talent. We have seen firsthand what the impact of Ablett Jnr & Dangerfield have had on this club.
Who won the Judd trade though?

Only acceptable way to lose Lawson is if he puts his hand up and says he wants to leave.

If Reid wanted come here and Lawson wanted to stay you make both happen
Absolutely. You 'sell the farm' (for the umpteenth time), this board explodes with the outrage of vociferous disaffected posters, and the GFC blithely moves on to its next season of perennially contending.

#cultureiseverything
#stayclassygeelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only acceptable way to lose Lawson is if he puts his hand up and says he wants to leave.

If Reid wanted come here and Lawson wanted to stay you make both happen

Valued player for valued player trades seem very rare these days.

Id say if geelong have a hint of being able to get Reid at the end of 2026 …they would already be calculating how to get R1 picks. Its probably the approch most use when they have a long term target. I heard someone say that Freo will be looking to add R1 for the 2025 draft to be loaded for Warner

Sure if a player is acceptable to all parties then he might be added but ..as you say…unless its a Kelly type situation Hump is going nowhere. Cant remember someone coming and being so duel sided.

Who won the Judd trade though?

A difference in this situation to me is you would be trading in someone a lot younger. Jude came in after 6 season. sort of like Smith. I cant remember the detail but it looks like Car gave up too much. Was Judd OOC?

Wonder if we offer carlton, 15th pick future 1st for Walsh and future 2nd, helps them get Petracca and gives us Local lad.

Season 2024 nears the end
Potentially see 5 Stars retire.
May also see 5 spuds delisted

Team Rebuilding required.
Knevitt : Mullin : O'Sullivan
Conway : Clark : Clohesy
Expected to step up in 2025

Shaping as Draft Pick No.15
Late 2nd rounder selection
Rest fall into Leftovers Land

Dog's Bailey Smith is coming
Need a tall strong midfielder
Phantom Draft Ranking No.18
Cooper Hynes 190 Mid/Fwd
Good ball user + Goal kicker
VIC : Dandenong Stingrays
Cooper Hynes Highlights

May need to consider trade
Kolo : As Trade Bait Worth??
Would attract serious interest

I liked Hyne but there are several this year that would look good. Probably have to wait to see what picks we have left after all our trades. and if we draft for need or just best available.

Chris Scott gave a pretty good indication today in his press conference re Duncan and Rohan.

Stopped short of saying both would 100% be there next season, but seemed to indicate that contracts had been put in front of both. Rohan (when fit) has some assets (when fit) and still has his leg speed and marking for his size. And can impact games. Duncan I fear is cooked and might fall into the category of "I played on one year too many" if we assess this time next year.

If Duncan is best 22 next season I think we have problems.

Wonder if we offer carlton, 15th pick future 1st for Walsh and future 2nd, helps them get Petracca and gives us Local lad.

I understand the constant talk of Walsh and Geelong, and I know Geelong will keep asking the question (as they have).

But Walsh has no interest in playing at Geelong. Ask around and you'll find that for him and his family they've been quite strong on that even back to draft time. Same with Curnow - both good mates and both Geelong lads. But neither wanted to play at Geelong.

I understand the constant talk of Walsh and Geelong, and I know Geelong will keep asking the question (as they have).

But Walsh has no interest in playing at Geelong. Ask around and you'll find that for him and his family they've been quite strong on that even back to draft time. Same with Curnow - both good mates and both Geelong lads. But neither wanted to play at Geelong.
Interesting. Sad for us as well, no doubt. But interesting, nevertheless.

Interesting. Sad for us as well, no doubt. But interesting, nevertheless.
Walsh moved around a heap growing up (ended up in the NT from memory) and wasn't even a Cats supporter as a kid.

I'm sure he's got no ill feelings with the club or the area, but there's no real pull for him to come 'home'.

He's had a lot of places to call home over the journey. It just gets diluted eventually and you're fine living anywhere.

Was one of the only kids in the draft in 2018 who said he would've been fine going to the Suns and playing out his career there. Spoke volumes of his thoughts IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back