Giants to offer Pick 1 for Fyfe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on people, the GWS won't actually trade #1 for ANYONE !!!!!!!! They may huff and puff that it is an option, but if they get any sort of bite they will quickly remove it off the table and replace it with #9 + excess fringe player of some quality but not enough to be equivalent to #1.

The ONLY way I could see the GWS off-load #1 would be for a small downgrade if they can get a player of substance in the deal. They seem to want some mid-field leadership (bwahahaha @ getting Shaw for midfield leadership ..........) so would something along the lines of

#1 + 2nd rd selection for Dal Santo + #3.

The saints get a 2 spot upgrade on their 1st rd selection (and take Boyd, who would be AWESOME for their side as they need a young KPF) and the first 2nd rd selection (effectively a Band 2 compo pick) for Dal santo, who would be good leadership for the developing GWS midfield, and the GWS can still target a quality mid with #3.

Probably because Freo came out in May and said they aren't interested. But things change I suppose, who knows.

It's more that there's rumours to everywhere else, and god knows both BF and the media likes rumours. Since when has reality played a large part in any of this.

If they could get a Thomas in F.A, they should do it.

They can't win a flag if they don't recruit a quality KPF.

Boyd is as close to a lock as you can get drafting wise.

The can't win a flag if they trade out one of their best players and at his age it would be mental IMO.

Why stifle the chance for a premiership in the short term, which is what they have now, for a speculative pick and hypothetical chance down the track?

Freo just need some tinkering, not wholesale changes...

Brisbane fans answer this:
Right now, would you trade Brown for Fyfe?
I'd love to but wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it unfortunately

Why, it would be the ultimate "parting gift" from a club champion. Give your former club a HUGE leg-up as your career is coming to an end. Think of Fev and the Henderson/Lucas trade ;):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leave aside those bad missed shots on the weekend, what you saw in GF was a guy who is going to be close to best player in the comp... Frei may need key forward/s but they must hold on to Fyfe

Leave aside those bad missed shots on the weekend, what you saw in GF was a guy who is going to be close to best player in the comp... Frei may need key forward/s but they must hold on to Fyfe

You know what.....Fyfe might become that key forward you are talking about.Not in one million lifetimes would freo ever consider trading Nat the Knife Fyfe
why on earth would you give up an absolute gun for a raffle + he is still contracted for a couple of years
WILL NOT HAPPEN

i cant see freo trading fyfe for 2 first picks let alone 1

the kid is class. had a good grand final bar some mis-kicks. you build a team around a player like fyfe. reminds me of hirdy

surely freo fans agree?

100% agree.
Fyfe is off limits

100% agree.
Fyfe is off limits
There is 0 chance Freo would trade Fyfe for No. 1. Besides the fact Fyfe is a gun that you just don't trade, especially for a draft pick, there is the fact that it would kill their premiership window that is open at the moment.
Also I would be very very surprised if Fyfe himself would agree to it. A country WA boy who still gets back to the farm regularly moving to Sydney for no apparent reason................

The circumstances where you trade someone like Fyfe are;

- There is a killer offer that is too good to refuse. The #1 draft pick is tempting, not too good to refuse.
- The player wants to leave and has requested a trade.

Also, given Fyfe was possibly the most important player in terms of us getting to the GF, there is no way the club would do a trade that reduces the chance of us getting to a GF in 2014. Boyd is a terrific prospect and should be exciting in 3 years time.

Finally, Fyfe is a goal kicking, dominant midfielder. Losing him to boost your forward line does not immediately work for me.

You would only consider trading a player like Fyfe if you were 2-3 years minimum away from been in a flag window. Still, pick 1 would probably not be enough.

The other thing for us is that Mundy is FA next year. No way we would risk our midfield being fully gutted by trading Fyfe.

Good argument.

That's why I don't want EFC to touch FA in 2013 - Would like to make a big play for Mundy in 2014.

Interesting to see what GWS would LIKE to get, ie Fyffe, now lets see what they'll actually accept.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gw...ome-to-the-party/story-fnfll94y-1226730194867

"GREATER Western Sydney says Tom Boyd is firmly on the table, adamant Victorian rivals didn’t try to secure brilliant teens Jaeger O’Meara and Jack Martin.
197380-boyd-goals.jpg
Key ... Tom Boyd is a ready-made tall forward, but his eyes are too close together, which is bad for interstellar parallax. News Limited

Most Victorian clubs have not bothered offering package deals for the no. 1 pick selection which GWS could use to acquire Victorian forward Boyd.
But the Giants are determined to lure a young established star, and would even consider handing over pick 1 and their first-round compensation pick (pick 9) for the right package."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back