Gillon McLachlan's meeting with the Lions and the end of Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swann, Gorman or carmichael. Any of those options are pretty good really. We just really need the AFL to help out and throw some $$ our way to make sure we can actually secure the guy we need. And now drop down a few lines to who we can afford. Swann is still my preference (not that i'm some CEO expert) but i certainly won't be disappointed if any of the other names pops up.
Sinnathamby?

Damnit I was organising a white horse for "Swanny" to ride in on to - since reading all the media in the last months - you'd swear he was our saviour in waiting ;)
I'll just put that order on hold for a bit. Not that keen on Carmichael - me thinks we need a bit of a personality (both media and outside of the media) in the role to shake things up a bit - and I thought that's why Greg Swann would be good. But I've heard from one of my Rugby loving friends who has a son playing for the Reds, that he is a bit of a different personality (the kind the lions don't really need - per my friend who just rolled their eyes and said Good luck with that, when I told them the Bris Lions could be interested in him as their CEO).

Dear god!..

....just so hard to have faith in this mob to get things right.:(

Yep, I've resigned myself to the fact that no matter what we do that we'll stuff it up.

Like you said, I just have no faith in the powers that be at our club and to be honest, its not like they deserve any confidence in their ability.

Lol at the bit when Sharpless went to give JB the framed photo, JB just looked at him grabbed the microphone and started speaking.

It would just be nice to have a little bit of inspirational public speaking from the chairman. Like a Frank Costa would or the like.

Surely this is getting close to Michael Conlan doing a Bradbury for the Lions CEO position is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think it's funny we canned Voss chasing Roos and got burnt.

Now we've canned Holmes chasing Swann and look to get burnt again.

To be fair, Holmes was a dud, but this is getting comical.

Let's get things back on track.

Holmes and the club came to a "mutual agreement" to part ways due to a number of factors. The AFL played a significant role in getting to this point, noting the fine work Mal did in setting the club up for the future by engaging the membership and working on the (cough, cough) Springfield project that will secure the clubs future for years to come.

The AFL offered to assist us with finding a new CEO and have gone to extensive lengths to set us up with a candidate who they know and trust and have worked well with in the past at major clubs.

At the moment that candidate is considering his position but he has not said NO just yet and I continue to remain confident that he will take the position.

We didn't sack Holmes on the hope of getting Swann, like the bungled chase for Roos. The two events are mutually exclusive.

Whilst he has a commentary career, Leigh will not be Chairman.

He's got obligations with 7 calling Friday night footy, and with 3AW on Saturdays. AW predominantly call a Melbourne game on Saturday afternoons, meaning Leigh couldn't perform his Chairman's duties on what is primarily a Saturday night in Brisbane.

Leigh's said as much as the conflict of interest would be too great.

Completely understand that both Eddie and Brayshaw manage dual roles, but do so with the media and clubs based in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back