Give Morgan a go this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well when Wakelin hobbled off on Saturday night and they said his knee is also questionable my first thought (well ok second after some unprintable language) was the fine line between the most stingy backline in the AFL and an unsettled defence for a third straight year just before the finals.

With Thurstans still 1 - 3 weeks away from returning and finals fast approaching I think we must play Adam Morgan for at least a couple of games in this patch of four games against less then stunning opposition. I want him to at least have had some AFL game time if we face (and I bloody hope we don't) the prospect of Wakes or Paxman injured in the finals and Thurstans still recovering from OP. He's not on fire exactly in the SANFL, but without robbing our forward line there's no one else if Thurstans isn't fully fit who's really a tall backman if one of our two tall defenders goes down. The coming four matches whilst can't take as givens are ones we can take a bit more of a punt trying him in.

Either that or try the cunning trick of bringing in White and playing him in defence.

I like your thinking... we could always swap White and Cornes when the game is put away.

I don't know if Morgan will be fit. He hasn't played for North for a couple of weeks.

White kicked 5 on the weekend so at least has some form.

But I think Lade will come back in. Hawthorn aren't overly blessed with fit talls right now either.

Damon White is the man...he is the next big thing...Morgan has had his chance, and is doing nothing in the sanfl, where White is getting better every game, put him up fwd and play Chad down back while he gets over his sulks cause he is struggling up fwd at the minute. The other is Brett Ebert must play now...he has to go in for Cochrane...Ebert is a huge chance to win the Magary i reckon, he is best or 2nd best every week, and gets 25+ evry game...must get a game soon!!! White and Ebert in for Cochrane and Wakelin

Originally posted by funkycol
Damon White is the man...he is the next big thing...Morgan has had his chance, and is doing nothing in the sanfl, where White is getting better every game, put him up fwd and play Chad down back while he gets over his sulks cause he is struggling up fwd at the minute. The other is Brett Ebert must play now...he has to go in for Cochrane...Ebert is a huge chance to win the Magary i reckon, he is best or 2nd best every week, and gets 25+ evry game...must get a game soon!!! White and Ebert in for Cochrane and Wakelin

Yep I agree 100% with this.

Bring in White as our 3rd Tall and start Cornes in defence and tell Cornes to focus on the game and stop whinging to the umpires.

I would like to bring in Ebert but I bet you $100 PAFC will debut him in Round 19 against Carlton in the Heritage week. With the promotion of Eberts playing for the Black & White.

Anyway I just don't think Williams should fall for the trap of playing our more senior players if they're not fully fit. Our young guns are doing great at the moment and come finals time we can't carry injured players. I would much rather Salopek then Cochrane with a suspect ankle.

Or maybe Borlace this week for Roach until round 19 when Ebert can debut.

Cheers
SKC

Originally posted by kaysee

I would like to bring in Ebert but I bet you $100 PAFC will debut him in Round 19 against Carlton in the Heritage week. With the promotion of Eberts playing for the Black & White.

i would like to see that! (not the $100) hehe but i think it would give little ebert a spark.

yet he'll get his time soon!

I hope not. Only desperate and unsuccessful clubs do stuff like that this close to finals.

Ebert can wait until next year for a debut, I reckon - there's others that need the AFL game time more, and are more desperate, and are probably readier.

Bring in White as our 3rd Tall and start Cornes in defence and tell Cornes to focus on the game and stop whinging to the umpires.

Good chance for White or Morgan or Lade fore aforesaid reasons.

I agree with this whinging thing - a number of players involved over recent weeks, including Stevens and Lade (and dare I say it, Primus and Williams). If I remember correctly, in one of the Crows grand final years they were whinging (justified) about some umpiring decisions. Bickley in the centre rings a bell (sorry about the pathetic memory). Someone roasted them about this, along the lines of "forget the umpires and get on with winning the game". No more whinging. Stick it to them all by winning.

Cornes needs to pull his head in though...dont have a problem with guys gettin frustarted by umpires thats been happenin for yrs...but he Goes rite of his brain at guys for not kicking to him, and abuses his team mates more tahn any one ive ever seen in A.F.L...and then like after the West coast game, he played poorly, and spat the dummy, and stormed straight of the ground after the game, while every one else waited for each other he stormed off..... he is a dummy spitter, and needs to change his attitude i reckon!!!!

Cornes needs to pull his head in though...dont have a problem with guys gettin frustarted by umpires thats been happenin for yrs...but he Goes rite of his brain at guys for not kicking to him, and abuses his team mates more tahn any one ive ever seen in A.F.L...and then like after the West coast game, he played poorly, and spat the dummy, and stormed straight of the ground after the game, while every one else waited for each other he stormed off..... he is a dummy spitter, and needs to change his attitude i reckon!!!!
He needs to reign himself in, but worst in the AFL ? Hello there's this guy called Richo, middle name 'Dummy Spit'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Andre
He needs to reign himself in, but worst in the AFL ? Hello there's this guy called Richo, middle name 'Dummy Spit'.
Yeh very good call....Sorry forgot that Richmond were even in this great competition that no vic club is competitive in...but yeh ya rite, Richo is a shocker hey, closely followed by Daddy's Boy Chad....

Yeh very good call....Sorry forgot that Richmond were even in this great competition that no vic club is competitive in...but yeh ya rite, Richo is a shocker hey, closely followed by Daddy's Boy Chad....

Daddy's boy? Closely followed? Mate.. have you ever SEEN Richo play? Have you ever seen Chad play? What the hell are you talking about?

Originally posted by Kid Dynamite!
Daddy's boy? Closely followed? Mate.. have you ever SEEN Richo play? Have you ever seen Chad play? What the hell are you talking about?
I'm talkin about the 2 BIGGEST sooks in the A.F.L Richo is no1, and Chad Cornes is no2.... not saying they cant play, but they spit the chewy bigger than anyone else, and have a cry when things don't go there way...any more suggestions, Im listenin...

Originally posted by Port01
I don't know if Morgan will be fit. He hasn't played for North for a couple of weeks.

White kicked 5 on the weekend so at least has some form.

But I think Lade will come back in. Hawthorn aren't overly blessed with fit talls right now either.

I'd rather play Lade and know that we have Chad for insurnace down back if any of Pax, Wakes or Bishop are struggling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Give Morgan a go this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back