Toast Go Dees and Young Number 4!

Remove this Banner Ad

My old man snuck a proper chef's knife in last year. Hid it in a rolled up newspaper he was carrying in his hands, security did that scanner thing but that was just his arms/legs/torso so it missed the knife.

Wily old bastard.

My dad's mental, obviously I cracked it at him but at the same time, respect where it's due. You never know when you're going to need a 20 centimetre blade in a public space.
Why did he take a knife in?

But Monica Seles doesn't play for Melbourne?

At least our fans use cutlery, unlike supporters of other clubs who probably sit in their seat tearing apart supermarket chickens with their hands.

I'm actually surprised he got the knife in by the security. That said for all the beef upped security the MCC has done, they can't be ****ed checking properly.

I'm actually surprised he got the knife in by the security. That said for all the beef upped security the MCC has done, they can't be ****** checking properly.
I firmly maintain those wands aren't on. I have not seen one person stopped.

I firmly maintain those wands aren't on. I have not seen one person stopped.
What are they even supposed to detect? They don't pick up metal because my keys and belt have never troubled me. They don't pick up electronic signals because my phone has never been an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are they even supposed to detect? They don't pick up metal because my keys and belt have never troubled me. They don't pick up electronic signals because my phone has never been an issue.
Exactly

I think they detect for chemical and explosive materials. Not metal.

You get it at airports as well - after you have walked through the metal detectors.

I think they detect for chemical and explosive materials. Not metal.

You get it at airports as well - after you have walked through the metal detectors.
Yeah but those things actually swab you and then go into a reader. I've had it go off on me once when my keys were in my hand but it's done nothing every other time they are in my pocket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back